Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
29220 posts

Re: Error 1017 & 2002 .. STILL cant log in (FF14 failure #2)

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

Holy tonberry Joanna Dark and I agree on something!!

Funny-Motivational-Posters-21.jpg

Must be a mage with their magic. Be careful! :smileywink:

Edit: Note there should be a warning on the package that the game may be addicting and proceed with caution! LoL

Message 21 of 102 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Just wait.. if they bring over the jobs from Vana'diel

THERE was a Dancer class :smileyhappy: which is a semi-classic Final Fantasy job :smileyvery-happy:

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 22 of 102 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Tbh error 1017 can be an annoyance, but you do realize it can be powered through by trying to continously log in? The time differs and yeah no one should have to go through that but it is not catastrophic like error 3102.

The game itself is running as intended. When you are able to log in there is no trouble/many glitches. They are working on this problem by tuesday/wednesday they will add more servers and up the capacity so most log in errors should die down slightly.

No MMO is ever without it's hiccups on launch, even with beta tests and all that jazz you can't actually know what will happen come launch day. WoW had a disastrous start and later turned into one of the most successful and popular MMO out there, FFXI had a nasty start too and look at it now 11 years and still going.

Yes you spent money on it and are entitled to any complaint you wish, just not on these forums since SE has it's own designated FFXIV forum. Just know that they are working on this issue to get everyone to enjoy themselves on FFXIV. I say just give it a bit of time and these errors will seem a thing of the past.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Message 23 of 102 (434 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 2, 2013

So I've never posted on these forums before, but after reading this thread I thought, I felt like adding my opinion.  I've played a lot of MMO's, and a lot of MMO's at launch.  They do always have launch problems/server stability issues. 

That in no way makes it OK. 

If anything, MMO's that release in this era should have LEARNED from the issues of the last 10 years, not just blindly repeat them.  We had 6 Months of BETA.  Open beta was SWARMED and there were a multitude of connection issues that arose during that time.  If the developers can sit there with a straight face and say they didn't "anticipate" this much interest, that's on them.

You open a hotdog joint, and you run out of hotdogs, don't matter how good your hotdogs are.  They could be the best hotdogs ever.  it just makes me MORE **bleep** off when I can't eat them. 

I've played FF14 for probably 20 hours since launch.  That's a decent amount.  But EVERY single time I've had to "power through" the 1017 world full error.  Sometimes that takes 10 minutes, sometimes over an hour. 

The real disappointment is just how badly Square needs this game to be successful.  They've run themselves into a serious corner, and this type of player gating at launch is EXACTLY the bad taste they were trying to avoid. 

Especially for a subscription-based service, first impressions are everything.  I'm going to play no matter what, I think it's a solid game, and a ton of fun once you get in.  But what about the people who just up and quit?  This isn't a few thousand people like was stated in a previous post.

I spent 30 minutes earlier today spamming to get into Coeurl, to be finally put into a queue with over 700 people in it.  After a half hour of being turned away, I was allowed to wait in a 700 person line.  That's one server.

This is tens and tens of thousands of people being turned away. 

Hopefully this game will go on to be very successful and long running, but imagine if they'd been able to accommodate more people?  How could it have positively benefited the future of the franchise?  How much will this hurt it?  Just my thoughts.

Message 24 of 102 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2456 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Spence937 wrote:

well you arent a sucker you havent spent any money yet, the people who have spent money and are still defending SE are the ones that need a wake up call.

I've spent money and I've played lots of hours since launch – actually a lot more than I should have with probably close to 10 to 12 hours yesterday. Lots of people are playing in spite of the problems. It's a given the servers are overloaded and hopefully they'll have some relief this week.

No one has to put up with it if they don't want to but I will say that I've never played an MMO or a Final Fantasy game before and I'm hooked. It's an awesome game and it's been worth the issues for me at least. 

I don't need a wake up call. I'm not a final fantasy fangirl and I know what the issues are and am willing to deal with them. If you're not I wish you the best of luck with your refund. If you're not happy they should refund your money. 

And in reference to twitter it's really not a big deal. It takes only a few minutes to sign up and one can access that information from their phone. I know what you're saying that the game should work out of the gate but to not take advantage of information relative to issues and maintenances is you're personal choice. Knowing what is going on does help. 

i am glad you got to play, i wish i could say the same thing so i got some of my money's worth. The thing is people should not have to go out of their way in order to play a video game.... multiple people keep saying "well you should have checked twitter" "well you should have checked the forums". Not once have i ever checked a forum or website before or after buying a game, ridiculous. 

@kitty i dont play free realms, not sure who your post is referring to considering you quoted me. 

Message 25 of 102 (364 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29220 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Jo is hooked :smileytongue: Really glad you like the game!

50 servers going and a bunch more should be added in a day or so. Hang in there guys.

I love the game. I will get a suscription. I'll admit I haven't been on Home much this week. :smileyhappy:

Message 26 of 102 (353 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

Look here fanboy, we as paying customers have a right to a functional product and when we can't log in, it's not functioning correctly. This isn't a Kickstarter campaign. It's a PRODUCT PURCHASE. edit: inflammatory content removed

Message 27 of 102 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 2, 2013

i also have a fam, job, etc blah blah blah. but you know what? i've gotten to experiance this game for 16 lvl's. and i promise i will be one of the many that will be around when they fix it. BUT YOU are gonna just give up, you the person who "spent money" omg im so sry that you had to do that..... tell you what. if they charged us right now for the subscription fee, i would willingly pay it. if that money buys them server space, bandwidth...ETC hell yeah, but u..... one of the many they (they= the people you are insulting) are letting play this game FOR FREE all the way up to max lvl no holds bar F-ing FREE, are cryin cause you cant play it right now. i hope sir that you wake up in the middle of the night to pee and stub the ever living crap out of your big toe and pee yourself slip on it and hit your head so hard it makes you a happier person, cause clearly you have iss

what is the problem? servers are being overrun causeing them to crash sometimes. that means ALOT of people that wanna play. so how can you say that this game is gonna be a fail? dude get laid in front of a mirror and then you can see what a fail does. 

easy yet expensive fix= start charging, and get bigger servers.

Message 28 of 102 (278 Views)
Gaming Beast
2456 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

LordTedsu wrote:

i also have a fam, job, etc blah blah blah. but you know what? i've gotten to experiance this game for 16 lvl's. and i promise i will be one of the many that will be around when they fix it. BUT YOU are gonna just give up, you the person who "spent money" omg im so sry that you had to do that..... tell you what. if they charged us right now for the subscription fee, i would willingly pay it. if that money buys them server space, bandwidth...ETC hell yeah, but u..... one of the many they (they= the people you are insulting) are letting play this game FOR FREE all the way up to max lvl no holds bar F-ing FREE, are cryin cause you cant play it right now. i hope sir that you wake up in the middle of the night to pee and stub the ever living crap out of your big toe and pee yourself slip on it and hit your head so hard it makes you a happier person, cause clearly you have iss

what is the problem? servers are being overrun causeing them to crash sometimes. that means ALOT of people that wanna play. so how can you say that this game is gonna be a fail? dude get laid in front of a mirror and then you can see what a fail does. 

easy yet expensive fix= start charging, and get bigger servers.

Captain obvious figured out that a lot of people want to play the game. Well thanks for the info that we knew last week but that doesnt change the fact that we cant play. 

Funny how the people who CAN play are here telling people who cant play to suck it up... you got to level 16 thats great come over my house and get past the menu see how good you are. 

People who cant play have every right to be upset, you arent upset because YOU PLAYED THE GAME.... Just like Kitty and everyone else who keeps coming here without problems. Lets face it, if you release a BRAND NEW product that does not work even after a week what does that tell you? 

http://na.square-enix.com/us/games/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn

check out the comment section on this link, maybe you can bash all of these people to for complaining.

Message 29 of 102 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Sep 2, 2013

All of this makes me so glad that I am not one of those people who has to have something as soon as it comes out lol. I hate it for everyone who has bought the game and can't play but looking back on other launches most people should have seen that something like this would happen. Guess thats the advantage of studying history, look at the past to better understand the future lol.

Message 30 of 102 (229 Views)
0 Likes