First Son
2 posts

Re: Error 1017 & 2002 .. STILL cant log in (FF14 failure #2)

Sep 2, 2013

Tedsu- You have no business talking about anyone's brain size. Your post could have been typed out by a first grader.

Message 61 of 102 (365 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Worst feeling i've had all weekend, I press X over and over for several hours with 1017 errors every time. The one time it actually throws me in a queue, I press X again without thinking and it takes me out of the queue. Seeing my error, I instantly try to log in again and again for the next 30 minutes and get 1017 every time.

Truly brutal. This game is hardcore, man.

Message 62 of 102 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 2, 2013

I don't understand. This game was in Beta for over a year. Did they not test the server load capacity during that time frame? I have not been able to log in at all this weekend, and it doesn't seem that there has been any updates / information from Square-Enix since the 27th. :/

I realize that it will probably get fixed eventually, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Message 63 of 102 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

EmeraldLeviathan wrote:

I don't understand. This game was in Beta for over a year. Did they not test the server load capacity during that time frame? I have not been able to log in at all this weekend, and it doesn't seem that there has been any updates / information from Square-Enix since the 27th. :/

I realize that it will probably get fixed eventually, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I said I wasnt going to help support this forum section... but i cant stand people not being informed even worse...

Actually Emerald Square and Yoshida-san have veen updating people quite frequently.

Looking here for help will not provide you all the answers you seek but I can point to a post from the LodeStone (the FFXIV data hub) which reads:::

09/01/2013 11:33 PM
[Maintenance] All Worlds Maintenance (Sep. 3)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the operations listed below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]
- Addition of new Worlds
- Implementation of countermeasures to handle the influx of concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder
- Address several known issues

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 3, 2013 5:00 p.m. to Sep. 4, 2013 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Hope this helps clear up what was thought to be a lack of communication.

They basically did a bandaid test on Monday and putting into ffull effect on the 3rd.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 64 of 102 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 3, 2013

The problem is that this should have never occured in the first place. Waiting a week after the game is launced to supply this 'fix' does not make anyone happy.

I know full well that they have addressed the issue, but actual updates to the game have not been supplied since before the weekend.

Message 65 of 102 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Ahhh.... what a great thread.  Where to start.  Ok how about here; in 2001 FFXI was created.  Undoubtedly one of the greatest MMO games to date.  Yes my opinion, and critics/players everywhere (check the reviews!).  The greatest feature on FFXI was something like an Auto Log Off feature, where players were defaulted 20 minutes of being AFK before a forced log off.  Now this feature was able to be turned on and off, which works for a game that is not immensely overpopulated.  Here's where I can definitely prove a point, and sure all of you SE lovers will hate it (so be it watch me care).  Why can this feature not be forced upon the thousands of people who selfishly stay logged into the game, because they fear they will never be able to log in again.  Why not an implimented hour AFK auto log off feature?  Surely "Lord" Yoshida, and SE can create this 'mystical' unheard of feature.

Ok Kitty the woman of the hour.  Your analogy was comparing the login issue of FFXIV to a faulty Prius?  I'm sorry but I along with others must be wondering what in the world one has to do with the other.  I believe Toyota has created something people everywhere call Customer Service.  See when your car breaks down, say transmission fault.  You don't sit there and pray for things to go well.  You take your car in and from that point it is maintenenced.  Ultimately this fixes the problem in most likely a week or so.  FFXIV is not a new game, I'm sorry but say what you will.  SE, and everybody has known for way too long that this release would bring a huge population.  That's the goal!  However with thousands of complaints, why is it that 12 years later they can't impliment the AFK system.  As for insulting people's income and what not; that is purely just trying to start a fight.  Please grow up, this is an actual issue and in order to get it fixed (like your Prius) Customer Service/Support should be working on what to me is an obvious solution.  Feel free to hate, I know it's coming from the SE worshippers lol.

Message 66 of 102 (300 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Sep 3, 2013

EmeraldLeviathan wrote:

The problem is that this should have never occured in the first place. Waiting a week after the game is launced to supply this 'fix' does not make anyone happy.

I know full well that they have addressed the issue, but actual updates to the game have not been supplied since before the weekend.

They did not expect the traffic. Note..

"If recent server issues are anything to go by, it seems Final Fantasy XIV’s relaunch is a much bigger success than Square Enix was initially hoping for. Those who’ve tried to play since early access started over a week ago now have been met with constant server and connection issues – namely on the North American and European server sets.

To address this issue, scheduled maintenance to add new Worlds to Final Fantasy XIV as well as congestion when using the game’s Duty Finder content matchmaking service is scheduled to run from Tuesday 8PM EDT until Wednesday 6AM EDT.

Although fans certainly must feel frustrated at this point, the game’s Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida expresses his desire for ARR to live up to fans’ expectations and will eventually extend the free trial period to all users to make up lost play time. After all – as Yoshida says – this game was built by everyone, including fans – and hopefully the upcoming 10 hour maintenance period will finally fix what is otherwise a beautiful experience.''  Link:  http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/09/final-fantasy-xiv-to-undergo-extensive-maintenance-to-fix-serv...

HomeStationMagazine
Message 67 of 102 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 3, 2013

And to avoid this reply, the update on Sep.3 does not address the login issue, but creating more worlds for incoming players. 

Message 68 of 102 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013
If I recall back when SE was called SS in the year 2000 was a game called FF9. FF9 had this nifty feature with a online manual called Playonline. As some would recall that was an abysmal failure. I would hope after FF11, FF14 beta testing and the final release that some lessons would have been learned. The integrity of the past is the foundation of the future and so it would seem now. How many login errors did I have just to read an online manual in 2000? About the same in 2013...
As for the maintenance, the days in the row around the world issues, no AFK, broken in que, yeah I would cry to before game launch and more than anything just feel sorry for a company that I love so much. People vote with their wallets. Lastly I am happy for those with no issues and feel bad for those with many like myself. In the meantime I think I'll grab some black material and summon a meteor or new world to play on...even if its crashing.
Message 69 of 102 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013

All in all, YOSHIDA and SE need to implement a force logout for those that "afk" and walk away. To be fair, enforce the 20 min rule that FFXI had in place. Let me ask all of you this... SE is a Japanese based developer....why is it that there are TONS OF GIL/LEVELING services allowed, even at this point in the games' release??? To be honest, it's a regulatory management of monetary gain that SE placed without our knowledge. C'mon...even on my server, today alone, I say an auto attack group with the same name, only having different end characters, grinding the same area for well over 5 hours. Give me a break already. The one thing to **bleep** about is how this is a Japanese produced game that Japanese Gil sellers and levelers are able to manipulate to their advantage. If they were forced to logout, we'd all be able to play. Don't defend SE, they know what they are doing....they will ALWAYS make money off of the WORLD with their "services!" Some ppl in this thread are clearly blind, it's not the 1017 that **** you, it's the fact that SE allows their own to exploit their game. And for that, I thank you!

Edit: language

U--J

Message 70 of 102 (247 Views)