Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Re: FF13-Do not overpower your character

Mar 26, 2010

Saruson wrote:

Also, when I play God of War, I never use magic.  Or block.  Or attack.  Attacking's for chumps.  If you attack in that game, you're not getting your money's worth.

Haha its not like Kratos needs to attack anyway. one look in an opponents general direction and a quick flex of his biceps and the enemy will be so far away that ... ... ... (insert joke here) ... sorry iv got nothin'.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Mar 26, 2010

AmnesiaInnocent wrote:

jsgamelord wote:

If you want to get the most out of your game purchase.

Do not overpower your character.

(...)

What happen when you overpower your character, the game will start feel boring.

Well, that's certainly one opinion.  There are, of course, other ways to play.
Personally, I like to overlevel.  To me, that is how to get the most out of my game purchase.

I'm with you there. Personally I like grinding and not being afraid to challenge any creature I find.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Mar 26, 2010

I'm personally overpowering everyone because I think I will go for the Platnium, there's no other game that I want other than ModNation Racers.

I'm currently 50% through XIII trophies

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Mar 27, 2010

jsgamelord wrote:

If you want to get the most out of your game purchase.

Do not overpower your character.

Even later on when the Crystarium level 10 open up to you.

I recommend not go all the way up to Level 5 Role.

Keep yourself at Level 4 is good enough for 90% of the game.

What happen when you overpower your character, the game will start feel boring.

Because none of monster is any challenge at all.

Then, all you have left to play with is just the Adamantoise.

But, what fun is it if you kill them 10 times in a hr?

and have no other challenge to take on anymore.

I have more than 3300 Physical Strength, and that's too much power for even Adamantoise.

I recommend only keep your Physical Strength around 2700.

This way you can still enjoy the game with challenge and take on Adamantoise with some challenge.

Are you absurd, the Crystarium is locked before you beat the game. I had all their main classes maxed out, upgraded weapons and I still had trouble beating him. That's like tell a baseball player don't hit HRs, it'll ruin the game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Mar 27, 2010

Saruson wrote:
Wow.  I thought that I was being sarcastic enough.  Apparently not.  I'll just assume that you've never played, seen or heard of God of War if you think that I or anyone else could actually play through any of the God of War's or any other action game without ever pressing the attack button.

Ooops. Sorry. The problem is that I've read already of someone claiming that he used only the wrench. So I thought you were serious. I mist the thing about attacking in GOW too. Poo happens

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2924 posts

Mar 28, 2010

i don't even know how to overpower my characters. i'm only as far as level 4 in 3 different classes.  my strength and magic on any character hasn't even passed 1000. my weapons aren't in the hundreds in strength or magic either. the highest i think is lightnings weapon with 76 or 78. Lightning and Sazh haven't broken 5000 HP yet but Fang is at about 5090 last i checked. i'm in Oerba's last boss i think and i'm getting annoyed that when i get him down to 1,500,000 HP he casts doom on me. it takes me about 15 minutes i guess to get him down that much and doom will take me out long before i get the rest down. i'm just grinding right now but its taking kinda long since it takes 8000-1000 or more cp to get to anything on level one classes. i i dunno how to open up level 5 on the ones i've maxed out. 8000 cp for +3 strength just doesn't seem right. what the **bleep** am i doing wrong?

nevermind. i found a way to beat him.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 7, 2010

Dude, I don't wish to sound rude nor patronising here but have you upgraded your weapons, much, or at all? Your health seems alright enough but really? You're on oerba's last boss, which is Barthandalus the second time, correct?

If you want to level, but you aren't that strong head back to the tower place, (Taejins, methinks) and find pulsework gladiators (gold ones) in groups of 5. The best place is the second floor at the end of the corridor there are 5 which are my best choice. Try and pre-emptive them (make them chase you to the stairs the move back to you're safe, let their backs turn them pounce [; ), kill then then run up the stairs located next to them. Get to the top and fight the two wolf things (the electric ones). Once you've done that, run back downstairs and the Gladiators should've respawned. The basically Rinse and Repeat. (:

BUT back to the main point. Really? Don't overpower? Ohmy if only you told me that on FFX when  I found out an awesome little level up trick (99 sphere levels in one battle anyone? ;D) bhahaha. It's what the fun is about. Ughh only thing about that was having to fight my own summons at the end of the game, that was ridiculous.

Also, no offense but why has your opinion changed so rapidly? (this is to the original poster btw). You was complaining how the game is boring you because you're strong then when the majority say it's fun to grind and be OP'd you switch and say how you love to run about Gran Pulse killing whatever's in your path? Make up your mind

Tidus - 'They say Seymours gone to Macarena temple.'
Wakka - 'Macalania'
Tidus - 'AYE!'

Proud fanboy of Final Fantasy.

Rikku & Yuffie 3

Current Paradigm: Aggression
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Apr 8, 2010

While i do like having characters that destroy everything, im not a huge fan of grinding. ive always tried to get into an MMO, but the fact that it takes about 3 months to get there is kinda rediculous. I will do what it takes to level up but if that is all the game revolves around, then its not for me. Thats why im a huge fan of FPS games, because even the first game online you have a gun and when you shot someone they die :/ Its not like bullets from a lvl 1 cant hurt some lvl 75 dude in CoD.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Apr 8, 2010

why not max out your characters at end of game, you get trophies for it and then you can go whoop everything in the game and be done with it cause it unlikely I will replay though the game without a new game plus file.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Thanks for the heads up. Now I can't wait to maximize the level of my characters. I mainly play RPG for the story so anything that hinders it frustrates me at times. Mastering the battle system is just a bonus to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes