Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5541 posts

Re: FF13-Do not overpower your character

Mar 21, 2010

McBonk wrote:

No offense, gamelord, but everyone plays a game for a different reason. 

Yup. I like to run through the main story, watch the end, take the last game save and maximize everything also getting the trophies/completing all side quests. Obviously getting revenge of the most obnoxious monsters met when we were weak!!
----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 11 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2409 posts

Mar 21, 2010

I've always liked to max out my characters on every RPG that I have ever played.  For me it makes the game more fun because than it is like I am super powerful and can do anything.  Whereas in the real world I work at a crappy job, am always broke and have a pile of bills to pay.  One thing that I have always liked about RPGs is that you can max out your characters and then feel like you are king of the world! 

Message 12 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2045 posts

Mar 22, 2010

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

One thing that I have always liked about RPGs is that you can max out your characters and then feel like you are king of the world! 

Good thought. then, I'm already the King of FF13 world.

Message 13 of 43 (209 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 22, 2010

jsgamelord wrote:

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

One thing that I have always liked about RPGs is that you can max out your characters and then feel like you are king of the world! 

hold on there buddy you haven't gotten platinum yet.

Message 14 of 43 (209 Views)
Gaming Beast
2409 posts

Mar 22, 2010

coffeerox wrote:

jsgamelord wrote:

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

Coffeerox does make a valid point. :manvery-happy:

Message 15 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2045 posts

Mar 22, 2010

coffeerox wrote:

That's gonna be one tough task to complete. I am not into that.  Collecting every weapon and accessory, 5 star on all mission...No takes too much time.
Message 16 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Mar 22, 2010

As many have said, overpowering your characters is actually pretty fun. Although it may initially sound boring that you can just walk around like a powerhouse, defeating everything that falls into your path, this is actually more fun because you never have to worry about defeat and you know that your hard work of level grinding has gotten you to that point of strength.

I remember when I played FFX and poured dozens of extra hours into the game just to see my characters level up. There's something addictive about it that keeps me going. It was cool to see characters learning abilities that were completely not in their realm of expertise (Kimahri learning magic was especially odd at first). However, this made the game even more diverse and encouraged me to use characters that I hadn't really used previously.

In short, I'm looking forward to padding my characters like crazy. I love just taking a few hours everyday to listen to music while I explore the open map and battle anything that I run into and to see how my characters progress into veterans. Plus, I have plenty of time to kill until Red Dead Redemption comes out so why not level grind?

Message 17 of 43 (209 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2045 posts

Mar 22, 2010

Argetlam wrote:

I love just taking a few hours everyday to listen to music while I explore the open map and battle anything that I run into and to see how my characters progress into veterans.

Yep, I'm with you on that. I love taking a walk on Gran Pulse and kill everything in my path. None of them can stand my Fang's Power...wa ha ha.
Add variety to your monsters, don't just kill Adamantoise over and over. Sometime I go to Eden to kill the Humbasa instead. Humbasa is 1.2 million HP Behemoth, and does present a bit of challenge with 2 of them attacking you.

Message 18 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Mar 22, 2010

jsgamelord wrote:

Argetlam wrote:

I love just taking a few hours everyday to listen to music while I explore the open map and battle anything that I run into and to see how my characters progress into veterans.

Yep, I'm with you on that. I love taking a walk on Gran Pulse and kill everything in my path. None of them can stand my Fang's Power...wa ha ha.

Haha. I see a lot of people use Fang quite a bit. While I used to kind of favor her, she fell to the back of my mind after I used Hope, Lightning, and Vanille to defeat Barthendelus. I've gotten pretty comfortable with the Paradigms that I have set up with those three but I'm looking to explore different character combinations, which is obviously a nice perk of putting additional hours into the game.

Message 19 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 22, 2010

Argetlam wrote:

jsgamelord wrote:

Argetlam wrote:

Haha. I see a lot of people use Fang quite a bit. While I used to kind of favor her, she fell to the back of my mind after I used Hope, Lightning, and Vanille to defeat Barthendelus. I've gotten pretty comfortable with the Paradigms that I have set up with those three but I'm looking to explore different character combinations, which is obviously a nice perk of putting additional hours into the game.

Fang is the best Commando in the game w/ her Highwind attack.  She is an absolute must when farming Adamantaimai (or is it -toise in the US vers? the one w/ the legs)

Message 20 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes