Welcoming Committee
7487 posts

Re: FF7 Vs. FF8

Mar 8, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:
Squall vs Cloud: they are both annoying, Cloud started as the cool dude and then they turned him into this emo that cannot let go of Aerith death. They are both the same guy imo.

Aerith vs Rinoa: I was in love with Rinoa, she was mine and I hated Squall for having her, Aeriht? meh.

Gameplay: VIII has the victory here, the enver ending challenge, GFs, draw, junction, triple triad, there were so many things to do.

Story: this is a tough one, I believe VII had a more solid story (and it didn't make my head hur), but people just focus on one aspect of it (the stabing) and thats why they ruined it, they claim is the most tragic and shocking death on the video game universe, is not.

Winner: FFVIII, because Gunblade beats the hell out of Buster Sword

Lol some sound logic right there go by who has the kewlest looking sword.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 120 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Mar 8, 2013

FF7 all the way. FF8 was alright but FF7 was by far the most engrossing FF Title ever. There were too many party members in FF8 that I hated where is I luved each and everyone of FF7's party members. They were all interesting and unique in their own ways. FF8's party members were all one dimensional and stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 120 (270 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 9, 2013
I liked 7 more than 8. I wasn't a big fan of the junction system and the only characters that I really like in that game are squall rinoa and selphie. Here's some of the things that I didn't like about 8:

Lionheart was nothing more than reincarnation of omnislash
Zell's limit endings were almost entirely based off of Tifa
Rinoa was to strongly based off of Yuffie (personality and combat wise)
Irvine was a bad version of Vincent
Quistis was a character that really didn't even have a point after the seifer assassination attempt on the president
Using magic should never lower your character's base stats like HP, STR, etc
Seifer and Squall were way to similar and should have stood apart from each other more
Edea should have stayed as an enemy instead of suddenly switching sides (especially since the point of SeeD is to kill sorceresses)
Ellone should have had a larger role since she was in everybody's history
Blue Magic should not be a one time use limit break, they're key skills that can turn the tide of any fight
Chocobos should've been more than that annoying puzzle mini game
Mog summon should've been included without needing the pocketstation
If summon magic has a casting time, so should've everything else and drawing should've had a longer casting time than casting from stock
The card game was okay, but it could've used more minigames
Time compressed world should've had at least a few towns and dungeons that were able to be entered with their own quests (made disc 4 completely pointless except for ultimecia's castle)

Ff8 had a really good story, and I actually like it a little better than 7's but the gameplay was far superior in 7 than in 8, not to mention that all of the characters in 7 had their own unique stories and they all played a key role in the overall story of the game where that didn't happen in 8.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 120 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Mar 9, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:
Squall vs Cloud: they are both annoying, Cloud started as the cool dude and then they turned him into this emo that cannot let go of Aerith death. They are both the same guy imo.

Aerith vs Rinoa: I was in love with Rinoa, she was mine and I hated Squall for having her, Aeriht? meh.

Gameplay: VIII has the victory here, the enver ending challenge, GFs, draw, junction, triple triad, there were so many things to do.

Story: this is a tough one, I believe VII had a more solid story (and it didn't make my head hur), but people just focus on one aspect of it (the stabing) and thats why they ruined it, they claim is the most tragic and shocking death on the video game universe, is not.

Winner: FFVIII, because Gunblade beats the hell out of Buster Sword

Lol some sound logic right there go by who has the kewlest looking sword.

I agree, if Sephiroth were the main character of FFVII then it would win because Masamune beats the hell out of every other sword.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 120 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7487 posts

Mar 25, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

FF7 all the way. FF8 was alright but FF7 was by far the most engrossing FF Title ever. There were too many party members in FF8 that I hated where is I luved each and everyone of FF7's party members. They were all interesting and unique in their own ways. FF8's party members were all one dimensional and stupid.

Yeah it really all comes down to which game has the most relatable/likable characters in it.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 120 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 5, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

Yeah it really all comes down to which game has the most relatable/likable characters in it.

Prob why FFX suked so much lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 120 (175 Views)
Welcoming Committee
7487 posts

Apr 5, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

Prob why FFX suked so much lol.

And why FFXII sucked so much lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 120 (173 Views)
Wastelander
929 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Both 7 & 8 were good, but if your counting in the music 7 is the best ever.  The music was perfect in every sense, dramatic, sad, happy, the music just always fit perfect.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 120 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Sice71 wrote:

Both 7 & 8 were good, but if your counting in the music 7 is the best ever.  The music was perfect in every sense, dramatic, sad, happy, the music just always fit perfect.

Agreed the soundtrack for FF7 was legendary.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 120 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7487 posts

Apr 8, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

Sice71 wrote:

Agreed the soundtrack for FF7 was legendary.

+ 1 On That.

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 120 (150 Views)
0 Likes