Jul 08 2013
By: mixedkidbx Treasure Hunter 8905 posts

FFXIV ARR Beta Phase 3 final test info

[ Edited ]
6 replies 428 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (07/08/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times

July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

* Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th. The beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.
* Testing of the new Lodestone will conclude on Wednesday, July 17th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 9:00 a.m.(GMT). Please note that the new Lodestone will be inaccessible when testing has ended.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/77221-Beta-Test-Phase-3-Schedule-%2807-08-2013%29

ADDING INFO:

Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th.

• Character Data From Beta Test Phase 3
    All character data will be deleted at the end of beta test phase 3. Although character data from Version 1.0 will also be deleted, data from the final save on October 31, 2012 will be transferred again at the beginning of beta test phase 4.
  • The Beta Test Phase 3 Client
    The client for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end of this beta test phase.
  • Character Appearance Data
    Character appearance data saved during beta test phase 3 can be used when creating a character during beta test phase 4 and official service. Those who wish to use their appearance data should not delete the following folder:
    • Windows
      My Documents -> My Games -> FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)
    • PlayStation®3
      (From "XMB") Game → Saved Data Utility (PS3TM)

* Save data cannot be used after phase 4, and can safely be deleted.
    Those who do not intend to use character appearance data from beta test phase 3 may delete this folder. However, windows users should please note this folder also contains screenshots. Please move any screenshots you wish to save to a separate location before deleting this folder.
  • Linking Square Enix Accounts to Sony Entertainment Network Accounts
    Square Enix accounts linked to Sony Entertainment Network accounts during beta test phase 3 will be unlinked at the end of testing.
  • Beta Test Phase 4
    Details on the beta test phase 4 schedule, testing scope, and client will be announced at a later time.

Message 1 of 7 (428 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8905 posts

Re: FFXIV ARR Beta Phase 3 final test info

Jul 8, 2013

WOOT!  Bring on Phase 4 :smileyvery-happy:

Message 2 of 7 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8905 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Added more info in top post

Message 3 of 7 (410 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33401 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:
  • The Beta Test Phase 3 Client
    The client for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end of this beta test phase.

oh great, now ill have to spend 4 more hours downloading a new client. :smileymad: :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 7 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Thanks for the head's up information. I'm glad I'll get a bit more time to play this upcoming weekend.

I just hope they do not decide to delete the Phase 4 characters. So far they have said they won't, but it is subject to change of course.

Message 5 of 7 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013
It took you four hours to download the phase 3 beta client? It only took me 56 minutes to finished downloading it and I was on wi fi. Thank Shaw for fast Internet. From Canada btw.

Message 6 of 7 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

Took me just shy of an hour to d/l the beta client. Im on a T1 wifi, if that matters.

4 hours to d/l? Sounds like your internet provider might have you capped or throttled.
maybe they want you to "upgrade', for more $$$ per month, of course, LOL

PapaWarlock wrote:

I just hope they do not decide to delete the Phase 4 characters. So far they have said they won't, but it is subject to change of course.

I dont mind a wipe after phase 3. Theres so much to do (raising classes and professions) that I wont mind if I have to remake my character.
They are also adding many things to the game after phase 3, so a reroll wont be a mirror image of phase 3 while (re)levelling.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 7 (345 Views)
0 Likes