Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 12 2013
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2038 posts

FFXIV ARR Digital Sales Have Resumed

[ Edited ]
7 replies 1957 views Edited Sep 16, 2013

Digital sales between PC and PS3 COULD resume as early as next week, according to an article from DualShockers. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/12/final-fantasy-xiv-sales-to-resume-next-week-yoshida-gives-mor...

This is excellent news for me and many others who have had to wait on the sidelines, since the game went live. From the sounds of the article, it would appear that Square-Enix has made a slew of new improvements to the game; adding new servers, fixing login errors, and easing the stress of server crashing.

However, for those who dont yet know...Square-Enix has now implemented an AFK auto kick, that will boot you out of the game, after you have been idle for 30 minutes. This should be plenty of time, if you need to take a smoke break, potty break, grab a bite to eat, take a phone call or deal with your kids. If you feel like 30 minutes is too short and you might be distracted longer than that, then do the community a favor and log out until you can get back to the game. There are already people complaining about the 30 minute AFK kick....and to those people, I say "suck it up and deal with it." It puts less stress on the server and allows other people who want in, to get in without having to wait an eternity in queue. 

Aside from all that...I hope you all have been enjoying your experience, so far...and I hope to join you all next week - HOPEFULLY. 

EDIT: As Pyra pointed out, the announcement Yoshida made, was on the Japanese forums of FFXIV ARR. No such statements have YET to be made on the NA forums. Just to be clear. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 8 (1,957 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: FFXIV ARR Digital Sales May Resume

Sep 12, 2013

Ok... just to point to it you did notice the forum link they refer too is in the Japanese section and not the Western side - yes?

Untill its on the western forum section this article needs to be taken with a grain of salt... just a friendly bit of advice do not take a 3rd party article to apply to the west till its on the western forums.... its sadly not Home... what happens on side A may.. may not happen on B.

If its going to the West we should see the same post appear by the end of the day based on what I've seen in the ARR forums

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 2 of 8 (1,905 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Point taken

I had not considered that, Pyra. One can only hope what was said and done on the Japanese side, will ring just as true on the NA side as well.

Still tho...it's information we didnt have a week ago. I'll just be glad when I can pick up my digital copy of the collector's edition, and if that turns out to be next week...SWEET. ^_^
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 3 of 8 (1,887 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2013

- Resumption of Digital Game Sales

In the most recent phase of improvements, we have focused on expanding server capacity along with adding additional Worlds and instance servers to increase the total number of players that can access the game.

This weekend, we will be monitoring server stability, keeping a close eye on the number of simultaneous logins, instances, and use of the duty finder. If all goes well, we plan to resume digital sales for each region.

https://www.facebook.com/ffxivcore/posts/10151846115003967

"For each region"......so whether the original announcement was JP only or not, this pretty much declares their intentions to resume digital sales across ALL regions, by next week. At least...thats how IM taking it. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,852 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/16/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-digital-sales-resumed-by-squ...

Digital sales have resumed on the NA Square-Enix site. Other sites as well as PSN are soon to follow.

I would expect FFXIV ARR to be available, this Tuesday...after the  PS Store update. No solid confirmation from Sony, as of yet tho.

Message 5 of 8 (931 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Sadly, with GTAV coming out on the same day, no sales were made

Message 6 of 8 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2013

Not true.

I bought the digital Collector's Edition of FFXIV AND GTA5.

Contrary to popular belief.....GTA is not the God of the gaming universe. It is a good game, but it didnt stop me (and probably a few others) from buying other games. ^_-

EDIT: FFXIV ARR is now on sale in the PS Store, both standard and collector's edition. I rushed to buy mine before they decide to pull it again. LOL

Message 7 of 8 (865 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 18, 2013
Not a concern its fully active as people are still downloading today.

Hearing alot about people downloading FFXIV... GTAV well since the fact people got early release and got news ahead of time - not soo big in the news
From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 8 of 8 (858 Views)
0 Likes