"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8512 posts

Re: FFXIV:ARR beta begins Feb 25

Feb 15, 2013

Stage 1 begins on the 25th.  Sadly PS3 beta doesnt start till Stage 3, which who knows when that will be..... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Each beta phase is supposed to last 3-4 weeks, with a week in between for fixes.
Best guess would be about 7-9 weeks, but thats just speculation based on the timeline set by Yoshi earlier this year.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8512 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Brozz65 wrote:

Each beta phase is supposed to last 3-4 weeks, with a week in between for fixes.
Best guess would be about 7-9 weeks, but thats just speculation based on the timeline set by Yoshi earlier this year.

lol we all have seen how these "timelines" have been going for the last few years lol

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (214 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I signed up for the PC beta and the PS 3 beta. I signed up years ago with the FF XIII code but I think I loaned the game to my brother this past Christmas since he finally got a PS 3. It would be nice to get into the PS 3 Beta rather than the PC.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Feb 18, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

Brozz65 wrote:

lol we all have seen how these "timelines" have been going for the last few years lol

^ This is the only point . saying anything else or speculating as to anything else is pointless. the beta / the game will be release whenever its released . there is no timeline wheather they claim there is (again) or not. they stated full retail release over 3 years ago. so theres the official timeline lol. im still buying it whenever its released , but as far as planning on dates thats truly the definition of insanity.... trying the same thing over and over and expecting diffrent results.

Forum Sig Pictures, Images and Photos">
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Actually, it did release a little over two years ago, but it was such a catastrophic failure that the game first went F2P, and then was pulled all together.

Sadly, I tend to agree with PWVNJ, meaning speculation is all we have, and planning on any definitive dates (even for beta) is just asinine.
I too will most likely buy this game on release day (unless I get into beta and find out the game still sucks) but I don't have any hopes of it releasing any time soon.

I wouldnt be suprised to see tha game release (as late as) the Holiday shopping season at the end of 2013. No, thats not based on any facts, just that this game has a history of set backs & delays.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8512 posts

Feb 19, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

I signed up for the PC beta and the PS 3 beta. I signed up years ago with the FF XIII code but I think I loaned the game to my brother this past Christmas since he finally got a PS 3. It would be nice to get into the PS 3 Beta rather than the PC.

Yeah i signed up with my code from FFXIII too.  I signed up again just incase, cuz you never know.  I have been waiting for the PS3 beta forever.......  

I actually still have the paper with the code on it from FFXIII lol.....  crazy since that was like 3 years ago lol

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8512 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Brozz65 wrote:

Actually, it did release a little over two years ago, but it was such a catastrophic failure that the game first went F2P, and then was pulled all together.

Sadly, I tend to agree with PWVNJ, meaning speculation is all we have, and planning on any definitive dates (even for beta) is just asinine.
I too will most likely buy this game on release day (unless I get into beta and find out the game still sucks) but I don't have any hopes of it releasing any time soon.

I wouldnt be suprised to see tha game release (as late as) the Holiday shopping season at the end of 2013. No, thats not based on any facts, just that this game has a history of set backs & delays.

yeah it did release about 2 years ago, but only on PC.

we all have been waiting for the PS3 version which was supposed to be out back then too....  but sadly things happen lol.

Im actually starting to wonder what they gonna do about the PS4, seeing as its almost confirmed that Sony will be announcing the PS4 on Feb 20th.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 19, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Yeah i signed up with my code from FFXIII too.  I signed up again just incase, cuz you never know.  I have been waiting for the PS3 beta forever.......  

I actually still have the paper with the code on it from FFXIII lol.....  crazy since that was like 3 years ago lol

I'm pretty sure my code is still in the game case. Can't check since my brother has it. I tend to save things like that in their cases.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (193 Views)
0 Likes