09-06-2013 06:10 PM
Toggle the Cross Hotbar to your liking.
You can use it like it is now which is Hold down while using
You can set it to Toggle which is a once push/lock on until pressed again. my favorite.
Or mixed which I have not bothered with yet.
To access these menu controlls press Start> System> Character Configuration> Scroll down to Hotbar Settins, click R2 on controller, Scroll down to Cross Hotbar controlls and highlight desired settings. Be sure to click Apply to save current settings.
Advantages? Not so much unless you dislike holding down R1 or R2 while selecting Hotbar. but for some this is very useful.
09-06-2013 07:01 PM - edited 09-06-2013 07:29 PM
City and Guild maps http://www.ffxivguild.com/maps/
This is talked about in the help pop up but I have ran into a few players who are not adjusting points to their character. Here is a quick rundown.
When the player gains a physical level, stat and element points are granted for distribution.
Vitality (VIT) – determines physical defense.
Dexterity (DEX) – determines attack accuracy.
Intelligence (INT) – determines magical attack power.
Mind (MND) – determines magical defense.
Piety (PIE) – determines magical accuracy.
Attributes & Elements suffer from diminishing return after hitting number of 40 (2 pts grants 1 stat), etc.
When in battle you should keep this in mind. If you have played previous FF games you probably know this pretty much already.
Fire melts ice, but is extinguished by wind.
Water erodes earth, but is boiled by lightning.
Lightning boils water, but is grounded by earth.
Wind extinguishes fire, but is obstructed by ice.
Earth grounds lightning, but is eroded by water.
Ice obstructs wind, but is melted by fire.
09-07-2013 01:43 AM - edited 09-07-2013 01:53 AM
09-07-2013 02:09 AM - edited 09-07-2013 02:11 AM
ETA: Still not possible to create a character on Cactuar...
They are letting some but it day to day with Character Creation Restrictions.
Until then, get aquainted with Gladiator. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gladiator
09-17-2013 04:41 AM - edited 09-22-2013 05:41 AM
For ppl who are in a FC whose rank has reached rank 5, here's how you can add the company crest to your gears (assuming your FC leaders have created a crest to begin with):
- each FC is created/registered to one of the 3 city-states (Limsa Lominisa, Ul'dah, and Gridania), since they are basically aligned to one of the Grand Companies. Therefore you would have to go to the area in the city where your free company was created, which is basically right next door to the city's grand company office (ex. the FC I'm in was created in Ul'dah, so I went to the Hall of Flames in Ul'dah)
- when you arrive at the corresponding area, look for the OIC Officer of Arms (OIC stands for Order of Independent Companies)
- when you talk to this person, you'll have the option to add the crest to your gears for a small fee in gil (you also have the option to remove the crest too if later on you decide to change/leave your FC; you'll just have to talk to this person again to get the option to do so)
Hope this helps. Was trying to figure this out for a couple of days and then it hit me yesterday.
in case you're wondering, the crest does appear on both shoulders
Just to clarify when you speak to the OIC Officer of Arms, they'll list the equipment you're wearing/carrying that is eligible to have the crest placed on it, so you can choose where to have it placed (ex. certain helms, body armor, shields, etc). There's a separate fee in gil for each piece of equipment but the fee is small.
09-18-2013 09:26 AM
When you hit level 50 spam Amdapor Keep for Tomestones of Mythology to cap at 300 every week. Use the Tomestones of Philosophy to buy your Darklight Accessories. Then spam Castrum Meridianum till you have 4-5k Tomestones of Philosophy and by your Darklight armor.
Also I suggest once you finish your story missions to start on your relic weapon. It will boost your tanking/DPS/or healing to insane levels and will make endgame dungeons like Bahamuts Coil slightly easier.
10-14-2013 09:13 AM - edited 10-14-2013 09:14 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but if you've run out of quests to do (main/side) and are interested in developing other classes/jobs you have options:
- dungeon runs (either via duty finder or putting your own together)
- fate parties (quite a few of these are started in different areas; just offer to jump in one if you see ppl shouting looking for members or try starting your own)
- hunting logs (each class has their own; definitely make use of it)
- use your leve allowance (I believe the max is 100 and you earn 3 per day; might as well use them)
- regular old fashioned grinding (remember the south park WoW episode lol )
11-01-2013 09:05 AM - edited 11-01-2013 09:06 AM
Not sure if mentioned previously, but here are a couple of good ques to ask the group at the beginning of a 8-player dungeon/raid:
1) Who will be the MT (main tank) and who will be the OT (off tank; basically the secondary tank who helps main or helps deal with adds)?
- helps the healers identify who they have to especially keep an eye on for
2) Who will use LB (limit break) and when?
- definitely helps to clarify since ppl have different ideas when/who should use it; also ppl may shout "use LB! use LB!" and everyone just stands around b/c they might think "oh, i thought _____ was going to use it"
- also good to identify a backup in case the person who volunteers dies in battle
Hope this helps; I usually try to shout these at the beginning of the battle so we can all be on the same page.