Sep 09 2013
By: Joanna_Dark_ PlayStation MVP 29238 posts

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Late Summer Event Brings Bikinis and Bombs

20 replies 658 views Edited Sep 9, 2013

Interesting! :smileyhappy:  

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/09/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-late-summer-event-brings-bik...  Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Late Summer Event Brings Bikinis and Bombs

by Giuseppe Nelva Sep 9th 2013 6:12AM 0 @abriael

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has just been launched, and Square Enix is already holding a seasonal event, featuring the return of the Bomb-driven Moonfire Faire that was a summer tradition in the previous incarnation of the game.

The event starts today, and prompts adventurers of all levels to join the Cascadier corps in the fight against the invading Bombs, in order to receive the “legendary” fire resistant gear. What is that? Bikinis and swimsuits of course. What did you expect?

Due to the fact that many still can’t purchase the game due to the sales suspension enacted to alleviate the load on the now overcrowded servers, no end date has been announced for the Faire. More details on that will be announced in the future.

You can check out the positions of the NPCs that will start the event for you in the maps below. At the top of this post there’s also a lovely themed illustration by Lead Artist Akihiko Yoshida. What would a Final Fantasy XIV seasonal event be without his artwork?

special_02special_03special_01

Message 1 of 21 (658 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Late Summer Event Brings Bikinis and Bombs

Sep 9, 2013

Welcome to the first of many events.

Back in Vana'diel there were seasonal events, holidays... and also decorating and art events.

I figured Jo would catch onto this and glad she shared it.

Events are meant to be diversions from the 'grind' and let people have fun with cute rewards.

I hope people will use this thread to share their impressions of their hopefully 'first' final fantasy event.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 2 of 21 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Late Summer Event Brings Bikinis and Bombs

Sep 9, 2013

FYI SE's reason for keeping the event with no current end date:

From Monday, September 9, 2013, at 1:00 a.m.(PDT)
* In light of current server congestion,the duration of the Moonfire Faire event will be extended. A separate announcement will be made regarding the ending date.

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Message 3 of 21 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Oh yes... FYI the even is a Fate in Eastern La Noscea near Costa Del Sol at X32:y33.

This is a level 30ish zone so if you want to ride out becareful

Message 4 of 21 (591 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Love that this is in Costa Del Sol. My favorite zone so far! (Only 39 atm)

Message 5 of 21 (581 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29238 posts

Sep 9, 2013

I got 150 tradeable items so far to cash in. I had to got to work so I'll pick up my stuff later tonight but I'll probably grind a few more fates first. This is so sweet! 

:smileyhappy:

I will say it's a lot easier to target the bombs with an archer ( I have a level 30) than trying to run after them with a Marauder or Gladiator! :smileywink:

Message 6 of 21 (541 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29238 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

They are making it very hard for me not to become addicted to this game. It's simply wonderful! :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 21 (540 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33020 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

They are making it very hard for me not to become addicted to this game. It's simply wonderful! :smileyhappy:

just wait for the housing to be implemented. :smileyvery-happy:

also, what world are you mainly on?

Message 8 of 21 (535 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29238 posts

Sep 9, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

just wait for the housing to be implemented. :smileyvery-happy:

also, what world are you mainly on?

I'm on Siren. I do belong to a couple from Beta. I'm not sure I remember which to be honest. 

Message 9 of 21 (531 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33020 posts

Sep 9, 2013

aw. you should be on Cactaur. quite a few forumers/Home users on there.

Message 10 of 21 (506 Views)
0 Likes