Aug 31 2012
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41223 posts

[JP] Final Fantasy Ultimate Box - FFI-XIII

7 replies 438 views Edited Aug 31, 2012

Quite the collection for PS fans...in Japan:

FFCollection

We have specifics on the Final Fantasy compilation set that Square Enix announced during today's Final Fantasy Gallery opening ceremony event.

A slide shown at the event revealed that the compilation will include thirteen games:

• Final Fantasy (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy II (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy III (PSP, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy IV (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy V (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy VI (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy VII International (PS1, 4 discs)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PS1, 4 discs)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PS1, 4 discs)
  • Final Fantasy X (PS2, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy XI Vana Del Collection 2 (PS2, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy XII (PS2, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 1 disc)

The compilation also includes some limited bonus items:

• Special anniversary video disc
  • Crystal ArtWorks -- an anniversary visual art collection
  • A two disc anniversary music selection CD
  • Final Fantasy XIV Mogu Mogu Earring item code
  • Mini replica of Amano FF 25th Anniversary visual and stand

All this for ¥35,000. Look for the Ultimate Box on December 18, exclusively through the Square Enix e-Shop.

Andriasang

Surprised they didn't include X-2 and XIII-2.  With III hitting the PSP this year, that puts all main releases having appeared on the PS platforms.

Message 1 of 8 (438 Views)
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Re: [JP] Final Fantasy Ultimate Box - FFI-XIII

Aug 31, 2012

let's see if it comes to the us. I think that a lot of people would like to get there hands on this on.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 2 of 8 (435 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41223 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Someone on another board pointed this out but I find it entirely odd that FFVII's Int version was included but the Int versions for the other games weren't.

Message 3 of 8 (428 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7875 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I was unaware that III was hitting the PSP. It's nice to finally have it on a PS system (though I'm surprised it's not the Vita). And for those who don't fee like doing the legwork themselves, that's just under $450 USD. Considering all that you get, I don't think it's that bad of a price. I certainly wouldn't pay it right now, but I'm not much of a collector. I just want the games. :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, Tales From The Borderlands
Message 4 of 8 (426 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I just saw this myself. Final Fantasy III is the only FF that hasn't been on the Playstation brand and it would be nice to see it on the Vita. But I can't see paying $450 (give or take a few bucks) to get the collection and/or the PSP version.

I've got all the Playstation discs though. :smileyvery-happy: Nice collection but I'm also still hoping to get some Versus XIII news. Sure I'm deluding myself at this stage of the game, but hey, what good is life without a few delusions?

Message 5 of 8 (423 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41223 posts

Sep 1, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

I just saw this myself. Final Fantasy III is the only FF that hasn't been on the Playstation brand and it would be nice to see it on the Vita. But I can't see paying $450 (give or take a few bucks) to get the collection and/or the PSP version.

I've got all the Playstation discs though. :smileyvery-happy: Nice collection but I'm also still hoping to get some Versus XIII news. Sure I'm deluding myself at this stage of the game, but hey, what good is life without a few delusions?

Best thing that could happen is Square localizes 3 and puts it on the PSN so you can play it on PSP or Vita.  But seeing as we're still waiting on Type-0 localization news as well...HA! :smileyindifferent:

Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7875 posts

Sep 1, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Best thing that could happen is Square localizes 3 and puts it on the PSN so you can play it on PSP or Vita.  But seeing as we're still waiting on Type-0 localization news as well...HA! :smileyindifferent:

Hey, if FF III winds up coming stateside on the PSP, there's still hope for Type-0! :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, Tales From The Borderlands
Message 7 of 8 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28705 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Going to do what I can to make sure I can import this. While the FF series is not what it used to be by any means these days, I'm still a sucker for anniversary box sets like this.

Message 8 of 8 (404 Views)
0 Likes