PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Re: Sony + SE + online = fail

Aug 30, 2013

I solved my problem. There is a discussion of it on the SE forum and this is what was stated. This worked for me.

___

Hi all,
I have a Hard copy of the game and tonight had the same message "No Valid Service Account" i opened up my game box and found a 12 digit registration code on a card inside behind the manual, I then went to Account management on my playstation and went to redeem code, typed it in there then reloaded and went straight in no problem hope this helps some

Message 11 of 22 (119 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I solved my problem. There is a discussion of it on the SE forum and this is what was stated. This worked for me.

___

Hi all,
I have a Hard copy of the game and tonight had the same message "No Valid Service Account" i opened up my game box and found a 12 digit registration code on a card inside behind the manual, I then went to Account management on my playstation and went to redeem code, typed it in there then reloaded and went straight in no problem hope this helps some

Joanna can you please include a link to that discussion so others can also take part in it as needed?

\

I was looking for one matching this situation and the closest I could find was::

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69267-Lost-free-30-days-for-accidentally-registered-to-th...

Is this the one your referring too?

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 12 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Hey OP an others with the service account issue..

Square has responded to the issues...

This was just made available to the community if you have a issue with service accounts bonded in a confusing way.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=2

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Message 13 of 22 (110 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Thanks Kitty, I will try that out and hopefully it will work.  I really don't want to lose my pre order bonuses and character i've spent so much time on leveling.  *crosses fingers*

I'm being reminded why i never played p2p mmo's in the past

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 14 of 22 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 30, 2013

xfisticuffsx wrote:

Thanks Kitty, I will try that out and hopefully it will work.  I really don't want to lose my pre order bonuses and character i've spent so much time on leveling.  *crosses fingers*

I'm being reminded why i never played p2p mmo's in the past

Well keep this thread up to date.. if you still have issues I'll try an see i I can find other options for you if needed.

Message 15 of 22 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I just hope it doesn't take another five days for them to respond like it usually does...my free month is dwindling away.  I hope i can at least use some of that on my intended service account.  

Message 16 of 22 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

___

Hi all,

Joanna can you please include a link to that discussion so others can also take part in it as needed?

\

I was looking for one matching this situation and the closest I could find was::

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69267-Lost-free-30-days-for-accidentally-registered-to-th...

Is this the one your referring too?

Sorry I should have included the link.

http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6104

Here are a couple of the screens I got when trying to log in. 

Message 17 of 22 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Sep 1, 2013

I was in the phase 3 and 4 beta, plus early access but had no trouble linking my Square account to my PSN ID as I used the same IDs the whole time. When I finally redeemed my CE edition game code it had the the phase 4  Beta and early access linked. 

Message 18 of 22 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Sep 1, 2013

xfisticuffsx wrote:

Ok, i haven't been one to complain...yet, but I'm about to.  I've really been enjoying this game.  LOVE IT!  But, the the whole service account thing is confusing and should be explained a little better.  I had 3 service accounts.  #1 was from the beta, its dead, over it, don't care.  #2 is the one i had from early access and the main one i've been playing on, and the 3rd one is when i got the hard copy and installed the game.  The 3rd one is the one with the free 30 day trial, but the SECOND is the one i started with on early access and have spent all this time becoming a white mage, getting my pretty unicorn and what not...but now i can't access that account because its "not registered" on ps3.  the third account is registered tho, but i have no characters on it....now, whats the flipping point of early access if you can't continue to use the same character, or whats the point of a free thirty days if it goes to a separate service account ur not even using???  I may very well break something. 

EDIT:  ALSO...my bonuses (mog cap, cait sith doll) are on the second service account, and the free 30 days is on the third.  I want to use the free month, but i really don't want to lose my character, and pre order bonuses, and i only want one character, but it looks like i can't keep my character i've worked so hard on because the mogsite is directing me to register that service account on the ps3, which i did...and thats not helping and... *deep breath* ugh -_-

you have ran into one of many problems. Sadly i have the same one as you, for some reason they gave an option after the emergency maintenence to register your game. This we both did but ended up with a second service account while our characters are on the first service account, and of course you cant play them. 

Why this was even possible to happen is beyond me, but it did and its just another problem to add to the list. FF14 is one big error.

Message 19 of 22 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Sep 2, 2013

yeah, my character from early access didn't even show up, only the ones from the beta.  On the ps3 at least.  The mogsite however is now showing different.  I filled out the request to cancel the newest service account and reactivate the one with my pre order bonuses and character i've been using.  Did that a few days ago and the only response i've gotten thus far is, "we've received your request and will respond to it in the next two days".  its been two days, and i'm sure the next message i get will be "you're ticket has expired, please make a new one"  If thats the case i will just say screw it, plat the game within the free month, delete it and be done with it. 

Message 20 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes