Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
79 posts

Re: Who's sick of FF XIII lame reviews please post it here

Jan 11, 2010

Beren- wrote:

eyesooxdeex wrote:
You know i have not made my own opinion about the game once cause i have not played it.  I have just gone off of the facts that others have said in their reviews.  And contrary to a poster above me, the people reviewing are FF fans.  A couple have started off the review saying how much they enjoy FF games and how this one falls short.  I don't like linear rpg games.  You could just hold forward and press x a bunch of times to advance in the game.  But its pretty!

Hey eyes i have posted also good reviews even a 9/10 from france and other places even nice user reviews pretty detailed and obviously non biased, but noone cares to read those people seems to only like the 4/10 from Hong Kong and the hate from Kotaku , you know what is Kotaku known for?

So when people skips the postitive and only goes carving for the negative , how would you call this? o_O

Eh the only thing i could think of is that a positive review doesn't really provoke any debate.  A negative one will have people saying "SEE!" or "whatever thats dumb".  

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Jan 11, 2010

Beren- wrote:

eyesooxdeex wrote:
You know i have not made my own opinion about the game once cause i have not played it.  I have just gone off of the facts that others have said in their reviews.  And contrary to a poster above me, the people reviewing are FF fans.  A couple have started off the review saying how much they enjoy FF games and how this one falls short.  I don't like linear rpg games.  You could just hold forward and press x a bunch of times to advance in the game.  But its pretty!

Hey eyes i have posted also good reviews even a 9/10 from france and other places even nice user reviews pretty detailed and obviously non biased, but noone cares to read those people seems to only like the 4/10 from Hong Kong and the hate from Kotaku , you know what is Kotaku known for?

So when people skips the postitive and only goes carving for the negative , how would you call this? o_O

Because they seem hyped and fanboyish.  There are 3 types of reviews  hater reviews, Non biased honest reviews and fanboy reviews.  Out of the 3 fanboy reviews are most common with named brand games like Final Fantasy and if the good / Bad reviews are somewhat split down the middle it's cause for concern and maybe the developers goofed somewhere.  

A positive review that says nothing but "OMG this game rocks" or lists 50 flaws but still gives a 9.5 / 10 can be skipped,  A review that says something like "this game is too hard I don't like it" with "NO" explanation can be skipped.  A review that say hey I like Final Fantasy games but I don't like what they did here is probably pretty honest which I'm seeing a lot of.

Pure Hater reviews that have no reason are usualy pretty rare for any game and if you're seeing a lot of them there must be elements in the game thats rubbing people the wrong way. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Jan 11, 2010

Beren- wrote:

Jacks-over wrote:

I wont even read what you wrote there i can figure is more Final Fantasy Hate full of nonsense, keep giving kudos to people who write "i cancelled my preorder" . You seem to hate the game with passion i believe you do this just for fun whatever you are free to do so. Anyone can just see your post story and kudos given story to see what i mean. I wish these boards had an ignore function geeze.
Message Edited by Beren- on 01-11-2010 01:16 PM

Translation: I have nothing to counter what he said.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jan 11, 2010

Jacks-over wrote:

I wont even read what you wrote there i can figure is more Final Fantasy Hate full of nonsense, keep giving kudos to people who write "i cancelled my preorder" . You seem to hate the game with passion i believe you do this just for fun whatever you are free to do so to each one his own have fun there.
Message Edited by Beren- on 01-11-2010 01:31 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jan 11, 2010

Jacks-over wrote:
 I have nothing to counter what he said.

hehe ty and have fun there kid =)

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7956 posts

Jan 11, 2010

I RARELY use reviews to determine my game purchases, unless it's a dire situation in which I can't choose.

Simply put, I'm enjoying FFXIII so far. Hope that's as good a review as any. :smileyhappy: 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (11 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jan 11, 2010
Eh, i've been waiting 3 1/2 years for this game, i pretty much have to buy it regardless of any review. FF till i die mayn.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jan 11, 2010

You know, this was ok at first but now it's just kind of sad now.

Why can't we all get along?

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Jan 11, 2010

Myth384 wrote:

You know, this was ok at first but now it's just kind of sad now.

Why can't we all get along?

same reasons people have wars, they dont see eye to eye...
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Jan 12, 2010

Beren- wrote:

Jacks-over wrote:
 I have nothing to counter what he said.

hehe ty and have fun there kid =)

/sigh the sad thing is he probably thinks he's clever but whatever you're obviously still butt hurt over getting burned from quoting yourself and incapable of debating anything at this point.

Message Edited by Jacks-over on 01-11-2010 05:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (11 Views)
0 Likes