Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 08 2013
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2038 posts
Accepted Solution

Will The Beta Launcher Work?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 100 views Edited Sep 8, 2013

Since digital sales have been suspended indefinately, and there doesnt seem to be any official announcement coming from Square-Enix on when digital sales will resume, or from Sony on when FFXIV will be back for sale in the PS Store....

My question is: Can I use my phase 4 Beta client to login and play the game or will I be prompted to buy the game once I login and load? Those of you who are close to Square, can you email or tweet Yoshida or start a thread on the FFXIV forums to see if he will comment on reinstating the digital sale of FFXIV? I tried, but im not familiar with the FFXIV forums. There appears to be a lot of Japanese writing there and I cant read that. Tried to start my own thread, but was greeted with an error message saying my profile or avatar had to be a certain level? IDK. o_O

It's great Yoshida has been very fast and informative with the server issues and login/character creation restrictions...but the one thing he is avoiding, is when digital sales will resume. I've been told that Sony has no control over it. It's all up to Square on when or if they decide to add the digital copies back in the store. 

So...whats the deal here? Haku...anyone?

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 5 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

Re: Will The Beta Launcher Work?

Sep 8, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Since digital sales have been suspended indefinately, and there doesnt seem to be any official announcement coming from Square-Enix on when digital sales will resume, or from Sony on when FFXIV will be back for sale in the PS Store....

My question is: Can I use my phase 4 Beta client to login and play the game or will I be prompted to buy the game once I login and load? Those of you who are close to Square, can you email or tweet Yoshida or start a thread on the FFXIV forums to see if he will comment on reinstating the digital sale of FFXIV? I tried, but im not familiar with the FFXIV forums. There appears to be a lot of Japanese writing there and I cant read that. Tried to start my own thread, but was greeted with an error message saying my profile or avatar had to be a certain level? IDK. o_O

It's great Yoshida has been very fast and informative with the server issues and login/character creation restrictions...but the one thing he is avoiding, is when digital sales will resume. I've been told that Sony has no control over it. It's all up to Square on when or if they decide to add the digital copies back in the store. 

So...whats the deal here? Haku...anyone?

I have been and still am running the digital copy from my early access pre-order. I have not used the disk version at all. However, somewhere around Thur/Fri. the 29th I got an error message that required me to redeem the PSN store code on the back the included booklet that came with the hard copy of the game. After doing that it has continued to work. I hope that answers your question. :smileyhappy:

If you specifically want to know about the beta versions. I still have phase 3 and 4 installed on my hard drive and I can attempt to run them, but without the voucher number being entered in the PSN store I don't believe any of the versions will continue to run.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (78 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Sep 8, 2013

So thats a no, on the Beta clients then. *SIGH*

I made the mistake of putting $60 on my PSN wallet when I got paid, this week before I got word that they pulled it from the store. I'll wait till the PS Store updates on Tuesday but if it's not there by the end of Tuesday night, Im just gonna go ahead and buy Diablo 3 to hold me over. Then if it's STILL not there by the time I get paid again, I guess I'll just break down and buy the standard $40 disc version of FFXIV. I was just holding out for the digital Collector's Edition because it's sold out everywhere I live, on disc. 

Have they got all or most of the issues resolved, yet? For such a great game, it sure did get off to such a rocky start. I sure hope these issues dont become repeatitive in the future, with expansions and patches on the horizon. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 3 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

So thats a no, on the Beta clients then. *SIGH*

I made the mistake of putting $60 on my PSN wallet when I got paid, this week before I got word that they pulled it from the store. I'll wait till the PS Store updates on Tuesday but if it's not there by the end of Tuesday night, Im just gonna go ahead and buy Diablo 3 to hold me over. Then if it's STILL not there by the time I get paid again, I guess I'll just break down and buy the standard $40 disc version of FFXIV. I was just holding out for the digital Collector's Edition because it's sold out everywhere I live, on disc. 

Have they got all or most of the issues resolved, yet? For such a great game, it sure did get off to such a rocky start. I sure hope these issues dont become repeatitive in the future, with expansions and patches on the horizon. 

I'm sorry to hear about your plight. I do have some good news for you, though! If you buy the regular version, and then want the collector's edition digital content, here is the info on that:

Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade** (Requires Base Game)$19.99

* Additional details on the PlayStation 3 digital download version will be available at a later date.
** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade. 

Please note that the base game is required to utilize the Collector's Edition digital upgrade.
The Collector's Edition digital upgrade can be purchased via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

Source: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product/

To answer your other question, since the last maintenance (Tues) I have had virtually no errors and little to no queue times to log in. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

Sep 9, 2013
Excellent.

Thank You, Julian. I'll hang in there. Im buyin this game one way or another, even if I have to wait another week. I got addicted to the Beta and Im havin withdrawls, man. LOL

Hope you and many others are enjoying your experience. I cant wait to join ya'll. ^_^
Message 5 of 5 (58 Views)
0 Likes