Highlighted
Oct 12 2012
By: Williamb2005 Lombax Warrior 265 posts

final fantasy x

7 replies 426 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

when is final fantasy x coming to the playstation 3 and the playstation vita. that is if anyone has heard any news lately.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 1 of 8 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2604 posts

Re: final fantasy x

Oct 13, 2012

nothing has been released. and square wont talk about it.  im sure it will be a long while before we see it

Message 2 of 8 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

Probably at least a year out.

They haven't shown any of it at all yet, which means it is no where even close to finished (possible not even byond planning stages).

Since SE generally does not release things during the holiday season to avoid compitition ... January-Febrary 2014 would be my guess, although if the planets align and they actually work fast (HA!) summer of next year would be best case.

But then, of course, it will be so close to the release of the PS4 that they may hold it off to put on that platform Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Oct 17, 2012
I have been wondering the same thing. I was really excited when I heard the announcement like 1 or 2 years ago, but I haven't heard anything since then. I have to wonder what could possibly be taking them so long to even mention anything? It's not even a remake.
Message 4 of 8 (386 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7225 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Well one thing we know about Square from the past is that they don't like to talk about a game until they ready to talk about it. In the past when games have been under development, PSU and fans alike have contacted Square's public relations about whether games are still in development (such as a Final Fantasy VII remake) and Square oftentimes responds with blunt, short answers such as: "We have no information to share at this time." Whether this is a corporate strategy move or that they simply really don't have an answer is another story. 

I think they avoid confirming anything too early because as we all know, we Final Fantasy fans do cling to new games and expect Square to deliver what they say they will. So if they start saying they will have something done before they are certain, it will only cause an uproar in the community.

But on the other hand, keeping us all totally in the dark just makes people push Final Fantasy games to the side in favor of other developments that they can get excited about because there's more information readily available. So it should really be a balance from Square of maintaining excitement, not giving away information too early, but also not totally keeping the fans in the closet about the developments.

Message 5 of 8 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Oct 28, 2012
In my opinion, they are waiting for the vita to pick up the pace. not to mention they are probably wanting to get lightning returns & versus xiii out first

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 6 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Oct 31, 2012

JSiggy wrote:
In my opinion, they are waiting for the vita to pick up the pace. not to mention they are probably wanting to get lightning returns & versus xiii out first

I think this is the most appropriate statement. 

I think Sony is getting ready to pump a little juice into the Vita market to get sales going. Plus, we have the wonderful "Lightning Saga" (/sarcasm) that has to be released first. 

Still waiting on Versus XIII and any news of a Kingdom Hearts game for the PS3. Instead, we get multiple FF XIII games that center around Lightning. I know many of you have no problem with it, but, I do. 

Message 7 of 8 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1591 posts

Nov 11, 2012

After the release of PS4

Message 8 of 8 (231 Views)
0 Likes