Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
596 posts

Re: How does it look on an HDTV on PS3?

Feb 1, 2009

I just started playing the game again this weekend on PS3 using a Samsung 40" 1080P LCD.

I think the game looks OK - at least it has widescreen mode. (set in config menu)

It looks way better on a PS3 with texture smoother and upscaler (720p) than it does on a PS2 hooked up to an HDTV.

I would like for them to make a PS3 edition for download on the PSN store (the PC/X360 client) but if it never happens im okay with this.

Message 11 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Feb 9, 2009

It honestly does not look that great on a PS3 and HDTV.  It looked so bad and hurt my eyes that I had to go back to playing the game on a EDTV (max resolution of 480p).  SE will never make a PS3 version they have said so many times in the past.  They said that they would have to redo all of the code to make a PS3 version and that could take 2 years.  There time would be better spent working on a new MMO.  A MMO that we have known they have been working on for a while now.  Rumor is that it will be officially announced and a trailer shown at this year's E3:

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5743

Message 12 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Feb 26, 2009
I may be a bad of reference cause of my setup.  I play on PS3 on a 38" LCD TV.  I use that TV as my PC monitor as well.  I have FFXI installed on PC as well.  the PC version of the game transmitted at PC resolution to a 38" screen doesn't look the greatest.  The PS3 looks better.  I would like to an actual laptop to see if there is a significant difference.
Message 13 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1504 posts

Feb 26, 2009

LordD2 wrote:
I may be a bad of reference cause of my setup.  I play on PS3 on a 38" LCD TV.  I use that TV as my PC monitor as well.  I have FFXI installed on PC as well.  the PC version of the game transmitted at PC resolution to a 38" screen doesn't look the greatest.  The PS3 looks better.  I would like to an actual laptop to see if there is a significant difference.

The size of your monitor when using a PC is a very minute detail. The main thing is your video card, closely followed by the rest of your computer's technical specifications.

If the PS3 version looks better than your PC version then you have a problem. The first thing you should think about is your hardware. If it is older, then that right there is your problem and there is nothing you can really do except upgrade it. If you are running newer hardware, then you don't have your settings for FFXI set correctly for a higher-end system.

If you have the hardware but need help altering your settings, feel free to PM me. I'll help you get everything set up so that your PC version looks correctly.

Message 14 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Feb 26, 2009
The graphics for the PC version are far more crisp and clear.  I've played FFXI on ps2, 360, and PC.  PC wins over all.
Message 15 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1949 posts

Mar 8, 2009
I am on 360 and its very clean and clear on my 720p,
Photobucket
Princess Robot Bubblegum ( ¯◡◡¯ )
Message 16 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything