Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Jul 12, 2012
Automatic Updates for games won't find every patch for every game you have, even if installed on the hard drive. It seems to select only games that have been recently played to check for updates. Could this criteria be fleshed out in the FAQ?
Message 11 of 546 (3,927 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Jul 12, 2012
sure, i can make that more clear
- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 12 of 546 (3,924 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

How are games in the Instant Collection selected? I'm really curious as to why Sony EU gets different games added to their Instant Collection and, if and when we could get those games eventually. I'm refering to Deus Ex and Burnout Paradise most specifically.

Also I'd like to say that I love PS+! Best investment after buying a PS3.

Message 13 of 546 (3,904 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 23, 2012
i got a 3 month card... it works. and but doesnt show on my id that im a member... and you know on my xmb... the plus sign is still there???

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 14 of 546 (3,893 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Jul 23, 2012

bfear333 wrote:
i got a 3 month card... it works. and but doesnt show on my id that im a member... and you know on my xmb... the plus sign is still there???

I commented in your thread also, but this seems different.  In the thread you say you can't see the plus symbol but now it seems that you can?  What's the problem?  Can you post a screenshot of what you mean by "on my xmb... the plus sign is still there???"

Message 15 of 546 (3,886 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Quick question...I am not a member yet but thinking about getting PS+.  If I join now I only will have access to the July list of free games and forward right or will I also have access to the previous months list?  Also I understand that you can keep the games as long as you are a member and the FAQ says "you’ll always have access to any game you’ve downloaded in the collection" does that mean for me to keep access to every months list of free games I would at least have to download it once so that I could come back later to redownload and play it (if I have removed it)?  Or are the games that get listed as free games always available as long as I am a member.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 546 (3,871 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Flatline51 wrote:

If I join now I only will have access to the July list of free games and forward right or will I also have access to the previous months list?

You will have access to the current game list at the time of your subscription.  For example, anything that has rolled off from June, May, April, etc is no longer available for new PS+ subscribers.

Flatline51 wrote:

Also I understand that you can keep the games as long as you are a member and the FAQ says "you’ll always have access to any game you’ve downloaded in the collection" does that mean for me to keep access to every months list of free games I would at least have to download it once so that I could come back later to redownload and play it (if I have removed it)?  Or are the games that get listed as free games always available as long as I am a member.

You have to download the game, or another way to look at it, you must complete the "purchase" of the PS+ game.  As long as you "purchase" the game, it is available in your download list.  So if you are a PS+ member, you should "purchase" all the "free" games each time they are offered.  Even if you do not download and play them now, you may want to play them on a rainy day six months down the road.

In short, you have to download or "purchase" each "free" game, because once it rotates out of the collection, you can no longer download it for "free" as part of PS+ unless you already have it available to you in your download list.  Hope that makes sense.

Message 17 of 546 (3,863 Views)
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jul 28, 2012
Yep thanks.
Message 18 of 546 (3,859 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Just a question, Im a Plus Member and ive downloaded 4 Games, I've unlocked some recent trophies and also if my Plus membership Expires. Do i keep the trophies or they go away?

Message 19 of 546 (3,843 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Aug 3, 2012

The Trophies are yours to keep, just like they would be if you rented a game, or had one on loan from a friend.  If the Trophies are from a game trial, then those will not show up on your public profile until you purchase the game.

Message 20 of 546 (3,839 Views)
0 Likes