First Son
1 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Sep 22, 2012

ok i just bout downloadable content for dungeon siege 3 and i installed it, but it wont carry over to the game so i can put it in the game. any answers?

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 537 (1,490 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Sep 22, 2012

TOOJI1 wrote:

ok i just bout downloadable content for dungeon siege 3 and i installed it, but it wont carry over to the game so i can put it in the game. any answers?

That doesn't sound like a PS+ issue :smileyfrustrated:.  Is the game from the same region as the account you purchased DLC with?

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 537 (1,485 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Hi All,

I have funds in my wallet, I want to join PSN Plus but right now I don't have access to PS3. So can I use PC to subscribe?

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 537 (1,443 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 1, 2012

d35p3ra80 wrote:

Hi All,

I have funds in my wallet, I want to join PSN Plus but right now I don't have access to PS3. So can I use PC to subscribe?

I don't believe you can use a PC to sign up for PS+...

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 537 (1,439 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4645 posts

Oct 1, 2012

d35p3ra80 wrote:

Hi All,

No way to subscribe without a PS3 and not a good idea because your subscription will begin and you will lose time. Plus isn't going anywhere and the price seems firm, so when you get your PS3 then subscribe :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 537 (1,433 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1463 posts

Oct 1, 2012

SpyDudeFX wrote:

d35p3ra80 wrote:

Hi All,

No way to subscribe without a PS3 and not a good idea because your subscription will begin and you will lose time. Plus isn't going anywhere and the price seems firm, so when you get your PS3 then subscribe :smileywink:

Little known fact; if you purchase a Plus membership at retail, you can redeem the voucher code at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com once yu've logged in. Just click "redeem prepaid card" and you'll have your PLus membership activated. 

This method works for any voucher code based content, and we're working on rolling this out on the main playstation.com site. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 537 (1,414 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4645 posts

Oct 1, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

Little known fact; if you purchase a Plus membership at retail, you can redeem the voucher code at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com once yu've logged in. Just click "redeem prepaid card" and you'll have your PLus membership activated. 

This method works for any voucher code based content, and we're working on rolling this out on the main playstation.com site. 

I didn't suggest that method because he had funds in wallet but it's a good alternative when you have a code. It even works from a mobile phone. What we need is for the PS Store to be accessible via PC and then you can buy content from anywhere! mochuu, you can do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 537 (1,403 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Oct 2, 2012

SpyDudeFX wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

I didn't suggest that method because he had funds in wallet but it's a good alternative when you have a code. It even works from a mobile phone. What we need is for the PS Store to be accessible via PC and then you can buy content from anywhere! mochuu, you can do it.

There's that, and also it wouldn't help to have it without a PS3, since the content needs to be downloaded (or started) in order to use it, and that can't be done from PC.  Any content that doesn't get downloaded would be lost anyway, so you may as well wait until you have PS3 access.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 537 (1,394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Oct 18, 2012

What does Sony consider retail  PS Plus cards? Do you consider these to be gift cards, point cards, etc.? I ask this because I was charged sales tax, whereas i do not get charged sales tax for regular PSN point cards.

Is there any documentation with product descriptions as what I am asking?

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 537 (1,344 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Dubloon7 wrote:

What does Sony consider retail  PS Plus cards? Do you consider these to be gift cards, point cards, etc.? I ask this because I was charged sales tax, whereas i do not get charged sales tax for regular PSN point cards.

Is there any documentation with product descriptions as what I am asking?

Since the PS+ program is a service, then buying a PS+ card would be subject to sales tax. If you live in a state where Sony doesn't charge sales tax on PSN purchases, you can get around being taxed for PS+ by buying a $50 PSN card instead...

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 537 (1,541 Views)