VP of Gaming
27923 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Oct 5, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community colinfinn.

collinfinn wrote:

First Post, Hello all.

Bill from Michigan.

I just got a PS3 and I'm enjoying it. I got it for my sons, but I have been spending a lot of time on it once they go to bed. With my own games and my own PS Plus account which I purchased within a week of buying the 40 gb PS3. Also, within this first week, once finding PS Plus, I've purchased a 250gb hard drive and replaced the 40. I did this becasue I really plan on having some fun with this for the next couple of years until I have to get the ps4. HA. I've been having fun with my son playing Spider Man, and once he goes to bed, I enjoy Red Dead Redemption and Baseball, The Show. I've been spending time downloading the games that are in the PS Plus category to try to get the most out of the membership. I purchased a 1 year for 49.99. I look forward to learning from you folks going forward. I've been a memeber of a few forums so I'm aware of the rules and how they work.

I'm a real RDR fan too, loved that game, glad you're getting th opportunity to play it now. Glad that it's not just your sons that are nejoying the PS3 too & that you are as well, there really is so much to do, play & watchg etc.

So that was my intro and now here is my question:

As I mentioned, I';ve been a member of forums inthe past, and I know it's not proper to ask a question without searching first. If you don't search first, you end up with a 25 page thread, that answers 10 questions, WINK, WINK. LOL!

GAME TRIALS and FULL GAME TRIALS and PS PLUS

This topic was brought up 2 times in the 25 pages, the first time was page 4 and the second time it was answered on post 211.

i'm just not clear on it.

I'll use the example of Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning

It's on the PS Plus page right now.

PS Members : Free

$19.99

Once you scroll to the place to download, it says. "Download Full Game Trial"

Now to me this means that its a trial and you get it for 1 hour of play. (So people that aren't PS Plus members would actually pay $19.99 for 1 hour of game play?) No way, right? Yep, no way!

The other thing that puzzles me is that people are all excited about the game being on the PS Plus page, which makes me think that it is NOT a 1 hour trial. I even read one member state that he is happy he didnt' purchase the hard copy becasue now he gets the free version. If anyone can clear this toipic up the best they can, I'd really appreciate it.

The game you refer to is currently free to PS Plus Subscribers & is also currently in the IGC (Instant Game Collection).

Chrck out this link to the PS Blog announcing the game, hopefully it'll help you out a little, but I do understand your confusion because having just looked at the store myself I see the game & a trial, so yes, I do understand your confusion.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/30/ps-plus-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-free-for-members/

YOu can also reply to me, "play it for over an hour and figure it out yourself, stupid" LOL, I guess I could, I'm just trying to figure it out before i download 7 gbs on my drive for 1 hour.

Sorry so long winded, I just wanted to be clear. No problem, detail is good!

Another thing, what an awesone group of a welcoming commitee that takes time to answer every last question that has been put on here. Even the sarcastic, hypothetical questions get answered. Great job and thanks.

Thank you, although I'm an MVP I am also a member of the Welcoming Commitee, in fact I was on the 'WC' before becoming an MVP, anyway we try our best to welcome new members like yourself & to be around to assist them in any way we can, although the guy above doesn't appear that happy with my response, looks like I need to try harder or better there, can't win them all.

Enjoy your free game & welcome again, please do let us know if we can help you with anything in the future.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 251 of 537 (194 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Oct 5, 2013

collinfinn, the Kingdoms of Amalur game is the full game, not just a 1 hour trial.  Regardless, the trial is the full game (but with a time restriction), and the only way you will get the game to work is by downloading it.  You should download and launch it, let the trial expire, and the next time you launch it, it should recognize that you actually have a license to the full game (without a time limit).  Just make sure you do this before the game is removed from PS+ free games.

Please use plain text.
Message 252 of 537 (188 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 7, 2013
thanks to both of you.
Very helpfull.
Please use plain text.
Message 253 of 537 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3114 posts

Oct 12, 2013

BRIT

Maybe I should Ask Plymco_Pilgrim.... At least he will answer question and not dodge it. You might be a tad useless tbh.. I mean, Ive asked several times and you have NOT answered the question once. Just DODGING it....... OI!

photo BHD-VILLDOC-NEWsm_zps81faf374.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 254 of 537 (123 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27923 posts

Oct 12, 2013

villdoc wrote:

BRIT

Maybe I should Ask Plymco_Pilgrim.... At least he will answer question and not dodge it. You might be a tad useless tbh.. I mean, Ive asked several times and you have NOT answered the question once. Just DODGING it....... OI!

@villdoc - Knock yourself out!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 255 of 537 (120 Views)
Fender Bender
3114 posts

Oct 12, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT

BRIT-KO

so  AGAIN you refuse to answer the question???? and AGAIN smarts response???
Piece of work you are. Great Community Guy...LOL MVP you are a JOKE 

Please use plain text.
Message 256 of 537 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Oct 12, 2013

villdoc wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT

BRIT-KO

Maybe if you would stop being so ignorant he would answer your question even more than he already has. 

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 257 of 537 (110 Views)
VP of Gaming
27923 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2013

villdoc wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT

BRIT-KO

Yep, I'm done here.

If you have an issue with either me or the way i carry out my responsibilities as an MVP on these Forums please feel free to speak to the Manager Tempest_Fire , I'm sure he'll be glad to assist you in any way he can with any concerns you may have.

Good day.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 258 of 537 (102 Views)
Fender Bender
3114 posts

Oct 12, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT

BRIT-KO

Maybe if you would stop being so ignorant he would answer your question even more than he already has. 

@ 5 14 - 

1- wasnt talking to you

2 You have no idea what you are talking about.

3 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4 Since you inquired,Ive been asking same question for over a month with NO answer.

5 forumite MVP fanboy doesnt suit you

@BRIT KO Its very curious that you will not answer my questions..... and yes I must talk to this Tempest Fire maybe he or she can answer a question.... Not quite sure why its soooo hard but im sure (5 - 14) will chime in as I hear the birds a clacking

Please use plain text.
Message 259 of 537 (92 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Oct 12, 2013

villdoc wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

villdoc wrote:

BRIT

BRIT-KO

@ 5 14 - 

1- wasnt talking to you

2 You have no idea what you are talking about.

3 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4 Since you inquired,Ive been asking same question for over a month with NO answer.

5 forumite MVP fanboy doesnt suit you

@BRIT KO Its very curious that you will not answer my questions..... and yes I must talk to this Tempest Fire maybe he or she can answer a question.... Not quite sure why its soooo hard but im sure (5 - 14) will chime in as I hear the birds a clacking

I do have an idea what I am talking about. You obviously don't.

Your Question:

WHY does PS+ USA  aLWAYS get PSP games and Remastered PS2 games when PS+ UK gets great PS3 Games Like Assassins Creed 3 this Week ??

BRIT-KO's Answer:

As for your question, so many people have asked, or should I say stated that PS Plus for the US sucks & the UK/EU one is so much better, I disagree, some weeks there's is more appealing others ours is, that's it in a nutshell.

That right there is a legitament answer in my opinion. If you wish to have a better answer you could have made a thread about it in the PlayStation Plus Support forum, or you could have used Google/Bing. Also, you could have asked politely for a more in-depth answer than just spamming that your question was not answered when it indeed was..

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 260 of 537 (84 Views)