Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: Welcome to the Playstation Forums!

Feb 1, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

I stickied it in PS3 General, and I stickied it again here.  It's kind of a catch-all, and can be edited by OP if new things arise, where the RoC and such are pretty static.  It's also unlocked, so it's more of a community project than a moderation posting.

There's a legit reason for it being moved out of PS3 General other than "wrong section!" but that's for another day. :smileywink:

Here soon we'll take a look at stickied topics and do a bit of spring cleaning (probably in the spring!), but for now I'll sticky it.

Thanks Tempest greatly appreciate it!

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 61 of 184 (808 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Re: Welcome to the Playstation Forums!

Feb 2, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:
I understand the necessity for all these rules. And that these forums are supposed i guess to be strictly information and "Helping others" based. But..

No: bumping, posting nothing of relivance, making-off topic or redundant threads... Basically w/ these "dont do anything that might rank you up real fast." This is a chat website in a multi- social age... you can expect there to be some straffing of topic, and some redundant comments. LOL :smileyhappy:

Actually, this is not a chat website, it's a discussion based forum. The difference being that a chat based site contains no real purpose aside from the facilitation of generalize conversation and socialization, whereas a discussion based forum contains a specific topic or set of topics upon which the users build discussions.

As a discussion based forum there needs to be guidelines specifically geared to prevent threads and posts from cluttering the boards and causing actual discussion topics from being pushed off the page.

Message 62 of 184 (782 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Re: Welcome to the Playstation Forums

Mar 25, 2013

EVERONE PLEASE ADD ME ON PSN MY LIST ONLY HAS 1 FRIEND I NEED FRIENDS TO FILL IT UP QUICK PSN;JonnyDubz

Message 63 of 184 (610 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

JMAYTON wrote:

EVERONE PLEASE ADD ME ON PSN MY LIST ONLY HAS 1 FRIEND I NEED FRIENDS TO FILL IT UP QUICK PSN;JonnyDubz

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.

You can use the search function for this, but I can give you the link to a Thread that will get you what you need.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/The-UnOfficial-PSN-Friend-Finder/m-p/1351...http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/The-UnOfficial-PSN-Friend-Finder/m-p/1351...

Here as well.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/THE-UNOFFICIAL-Make-NEW-PSN-FRIENDS/td-p/...

Choose one though.  Double an triple posting only makes it harder for yourself to track.

Enjoy.  You are welcome.

Moble

Message 64 of 184 (605 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I concur with my friend moble there.  Those are the best places to add friends from the forums.  Don't forget to on your PS3 check the "Players Met" feature to see people you met in-game and add them frome there as well.  Then you know you are adding people that you have played with.

Good luck!

Message 65 of 184 (589 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

Mar 27, 2013

i defended my rights on here and i get baned for it whats the deal? i get insulted ofended and i stand up for myself and i get baned u guys have some messed up moderaters also how can i become a moderater on here so any wrong can be udone cause ur moderaters r abuseing their power 

Message 66 of 184 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

vex123456789 wrote:

i defended my rights on here and i get baned for it whats the deal? i get insulted ofended and i stand up for myself and i get baned u guys have some messed up moderaters also how can i become a moderater on here so any wrong can be udone cause ur moderaters r abuseing their power 

I think the mods are doing an excellent job at moderating the forums, I'm sorry you have had some issues here. Please take the time to read the SCEA Terms of Service & the Forum's Rules of Conduct & Guidlines.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Message 67 of 184 (562 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Mar 27, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

vex123456789 wrote:

I think the mods are doing an excellent job at moderating the forums, I'm sorry you have had some issues here. Please take the time to read the SCEA Terms of Service & the Forum's Rules of Conduct & Guidlines.

Some sound advice here ^^^^^^^.

I am going out on a limb here, and guessing this is something that happened in HOME?

Moble

Message 68 of 184 (556 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 27, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

vex123456789 wrote:

Some sound advice here ^^^^^^^.

I am going out on a limb here, and guessing this is something that happened in HOME?

Moble

I'm gonna chip in as well and steal a line from Trawnza... (hope she doesn't get mad) if you have questions of concerns with moderation feel free to direct them to:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/923666

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Message 69 of 184 (543 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Mar 27, 2013

vex123456789 wrote:

If you're receiving any form of harassment from other members on the forums the action to take is to report it and let the Mods handle dealing with the trouble makers. If you react to these individuals it only means that when the Mods step in to take care of the problem you will also end up receiving warnings from the Mods.

Message 70 of 184 (538 Views)