Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

Apr 27, 2013

Thanks a lot for the information, Moble. I was just wondering why they are so highlighted. From you, I also came to know how the forum is being checked all the time, and thier are always many like you to help out the newbies.

moblesuit75 wrote:

Olygo024 wrote:

Getting some touch and smoothness in using PS communities. :smileyhappy:

But why some usernames are shown in bold red colour?

I like the use of "colour", rather than color.  It is nice to see.:smileyhappy:

In answer, the Bold Red are MVPs:smileyhappy:.  If you click on the main part of my signature, it will take you to the information regarding the MVP Program.

There are other people here in Regular Red (I know, the difference is not that discernible), who are Moderators (Mods) and Digital Platform Manager (DPMs).  They are here to watch, listen and help us all.  

Mods are volunteers who "police" for lack of a gentler term, these Forums for transgressions and faux pas.

DPMs are employees of Sony and Lithium (Joint) who oversee the over all functionality and communications with the Forum and most things Sony.

There are other coloured names as well.  They are associated with contest achievements, involvement in other activities, and General Forum Achievements handed out as rewards for things such as, but not limited to; Poster of the Week.

Hope this helps.  I defer to any DPM on further clarification of their Duties and Responsibilities.

Moble

IGNITED MINDS
Message 91 of 184 (692 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Hello everyone i'm looking to make new friends please add me SMACKDDOWN5473

Message 92 of 184 (657 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18591 posts

Apr 30, 2013

SMACKDOWN5473 wrote:

Hello everyone i'm looking to make new friends please add me SMACKDDOWN5473

Welcome to the forums. :smileyhappy:

If you want a good place to add friends, this thread is a good place to get started:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/THE-UNOFFICIAL-Make-NEW-PSN-FRIENDS/m-p/2...

Good luck. :smileyhappy:

Message 93 of 184 (656 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

May 21, 2013
I'm back! I have manage to cease my account back in my own hands!

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 94 of 184 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8921 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

It's been a long time since I've first been here. I have a question, How does one go and put on an avatar? I've tried looking for the option to do so in my profile and have had no luck.

Note: I don't have a PS3, so I can't go and change it from one. So is there still a way to do it via the forums, or am I screwed?

Message 95 of 184 (537 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

May 23, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

It's been a long time since I've first been here. I have a question, How does one go and put on an avatar? I've tried looking for the option to do so in my profile and have had no luck.

Note: I don't have a PS3, so I can't go and change it from one. So is there still a way to do it via the forums, or am I screwed?

While I would not put it that harshly, I am afraid you are out of luck. It requires access on the PS3.  Not sure about the VITA, I do not have one, and am not overly familiar with the workings when talking about PSN.

I know it is limited, but I am not clear on how much.

This being said, I am about 90% sure about needing a PS3 to do it.  Lo Siento.

Moble

Message 96 of 184 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8921 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Oh darn :smileysad:. That stinks that they've moved it over to the new system, since not everyone has one yet.

Didn't mean for what I said to be harsh either... I'm just frustrated.

Thanks for the help. :smileyhappy:

Message 97 of 184 (530 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

May 23, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

While I would not put it that harshly, I am afraid you are out of luck. It requires access on the PS3.  Not sure about the VITA, I do not have one, and am not overly familiar with the workings when talking about PSN.

I know it is limited, but I am not clear on how much.

This being said, I am about 90% sure about needing a PS3 to do it.  Lo Siento.

Moble

It works on the PSVita.

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 98 of 184 (528 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7830 posts

May 23, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Unfortunately your avatar is linked to your PSN account, so any PSN enabled device can allow you to change your PSN avatar, and subsequently your forum avatar. This will require going through Account Management in the XMB on a PS3, PSP, or PSVita.

Message 99 of 184 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8921 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Ah. Dang :smileysad:. Thanks anyways. Guess I'll be waiting a quite awhile before changing my avatar. Also, is there anyway to consolidate my older PSN account? I had one back in 2008, which doesn't work anymore, haven't been able to log in on it since 2012...

Got my answer via PM -- found out that there's no way to do so :smileysad:. Oh well, so now onto continuing my fresh start.

Message 100 of 184 (509 Views)
0 Likes