Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
18720 posts

Re: Welcoming Committee v 2.0

Jan 30, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I did and tried to help when I can and always stay postive.... 

But I dont want anyones personal feelings towards me relect onto this committee.

I guess I am tripping over nothing they cant technically do that though my name is not on the list... 

never mind scratch that

You have to make a post asking DrGadget; he is the gatekeeper :smileysurprised: :smileyhappy:

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 51 of 429 (918 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I did and tried to help when I can and always stay postive.... 

But I dont want anyones personal feelings towards me relect onto this committee.

I guess I am tripping over nothing they cant technically do that though my name is not on the list... 

never mind scratch that

You have to make a post asking DrGadget; he is the gatekeeper :smileysurprised: :smileyhappy:

I would like to personally thank the "gatekeeper" here in the public Section of the Forum.

Thank you DrGadget!

BT Dubbs, who would be Vince Clotho in this situation?:smileywink:

Moble

Message 52 of 429 (904 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Im new to the hole gaming experience in general... I have been thinking about getting a Ps3 for a while now. Can someone please help me and tell me what the pros and cons are to this console

Message 53 of 429 (900 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Foxrcr, I don't know where to begin...

Are you contemplating coming over from a rival, or are you a PSP/Vita user?  What is your current level of involvement with Sony and PSN?

Reason I ask, is you may be aware of some of the perks of Sony so far, and I don't want to be redundant.

Regardless, I have owned PlayStations since the beginning.  I contemplated getting an XBox for about ten minutes once, but I am satisfied with SOny and their products that I have become accustomed to.

While XBox fans will cite faster processing speeds, and some cases of tighter graphics, I believe the difference is negligible.

As well, and seen in another thread about PS PLUS, Sony provides FREE online services and Gaming.  True, you would still have to subscribe to things like HULU or Netflix, but at least the Apps are free.  You won't find that on Microsoft.

Going back to PLUS for a moment, it is a great service.  If you decide on the PS3, I would highly recommend subscribing to PLUS.  You can get a Year Subscription for $50.00.  While this seems like a lot, you really do recoup the expense within a couple of months with content and "Free" games alone.  For more on PLUS, you should check out THIS tread (Follow the linked THIS).

In my opinion, the services Sony provides are far better than any other system.  As well, the catalog of Sony "Only" games is far better than Microsoft.  Yes, XBox has Halo.  It also has Halo, and Halo, and well, honestly Halo is the only game I will give that system credit for being good to great.

Beyond Two Souls     DC Universe Online     Final Fantasy XIV     

God of War (ALL Titles and ALL AWESOME)     Gran Turismo 5     Heavy Rain    ICO & SHadow of Colossus

inFAmous     KillZone 2 & 3     Lair     The Last of Us (Highly anticipated)     Little Big Planet

MAG     Metal Gear Solid 4:  Guns of the Patriots     Mist of Chaos   

MLB Baseball (Best MLB Game since EA left the scene)     Oh Yeah MOBILESUIT GUNDAM:smileywink:

Prince of Persia     Ratchet and Clank     Resistance     Sly Cooper     Starhawk

Twisted Metal (ah, brings back memories of TM1)     UNCHARTED     Warhawk

Wipeout

For XBox Exclusives you can go HERE.  I am not very familiar with most of these, which tells you something about them.  If they are not "notable", then how good can they be?

I will always give credit where credit is due.  XBox Kinect is impressive, while PS Move is a moderately good copy of the Wii motion system.  This being said,. and in my opinion, I am not much for the motion games anyway.

When I want to play video games, I want to chill.  If I want to get in some exercise or move around, I go running.  I don't intend to get fit, while standing in front of a TV.  It is great for kids and all, but I am not a kid.

I also prefer the feel of the DS controllers for Sony.  I like the fact that SOny has not tried to fix something that was not broken.  Carrying the same basic design for their controllers since day one, has a lot to be said for comfort and compatibility to any game.  As well, I am not a fan of holding a controller that takes NBA caliber hands to hold.:smileylol:

I could go on, but I feel I have given you a lot to ponder so far.  Again, it will all come down to your own personal preferences in games, and style of play.  Also, if you like online gaming, you will already win with Sony, because it is FREE.

Hope all this helps in you decision.

Welcome to the Forum.

Moble

Message 54 of 429 (897 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Jan 31, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Foxrcr, I don't know where to begin...

Are you contemplating coming over from a rival, or are you a PSP/Vita user?  What is your current level of involvement with Sony and PSN?

Reason I ask, is you may be aware of some of the perks of Sony so far, and I don't want to be redundant.

Regardless, I have owned PlayStations since the beginning.  I contemplated getting an XBox for about ten minutes once, but I am satisfied with SOny and their products that I have become accustomed to.

While XBox fans will cite faster processing speeds, and some cases of tighter graphics, I believe the difference is negligible.

As well, and seen in another thread about PS PLUS, Sony provides FREE online services and Gaming.  True, you would still have to subscribe to things like HULU or Netflix, but at least the Apps are free.  You won't find that on Microsoft.

Going back to PLUS for a moment, it is a great service.  If you decide on the PS3, I would highly recommend subscribing to PLUS.  You can get a Year Subscription for $50.00.  While this seems like a lot, you really do recoup the expense within a couple of months with content and "Free" games alone.  For more on PLUS, you should check out THIS tread (Follow the linked THIS).

In my opinion, the services Sony provides are far better than any other system.  As well, the catalog of Sony "Only" games is far better than Microsoft.  Yes, XBox has Halo.  It also has Halo, and Halo, and well, honestly Halo is the only game I will give that system credit for being good to great.

Beyond Two Souls     DC Universe Online     Final Fantasy XIV     

God of War (ALL Titles and ALL AWESOME)     Gran Turismo 5     Heavy Rain    ICO & SHadow of Colossus

inFAmous     KillZone 2 & 3     Lair     The Last of Us (Highly anticipated)     Little Big Planet

MAG     Metal Gear Solid 4:  Guns of the Patriots     Mist of Chaos   

MLB Baseball (Best MLB Game since EA left the scene)     Oh Yeah MOBILESUIT GUNDAM:smileywink:

Prince of Persia     Ratchet and Clank     Resistance     Sly Cooper     Starhawk

Twisted Metal (ah, brings back memories of TM1)     UNCHARTED     Warhawk

Wipeout

For XBox Exclusives you can go HERE.  I am not very familiar with most of these, which tells you something about them.  If they are not "notable", then how good can they be?

I will always give credit where credit is due.  XBox Kinect is impressive, while PS Move is a moderately good copy of the Wii motion system.  This being said,. and in my opinion, I am not much for the motion games anyway.

When I want to play video games, I want to chill.  If I want to get in some exercise or move around, I go running.  I don't intend to get fit, while standing in front of a TV.  It is great for kids and all, but I am not a kid.

I also prefer the feel of the DS controllers for Sony.  I like the fact that SOny has not tried to fix something that was not broken.  Carrying the same basic design for their controllers since day one, has a lot to be said for comfort and compatibility to any game.  As well, I am not a fan of holding a controller that takes NBA caliber hands to hold.:smileylol:

I could go on, but I feel I have given you a lot to ponder so far.  Again, it will all come down to your own personal preferences in games, and style of play.  Also, if you like online gaming, you will already win with Sony, because it is FREE.

Hope all this helps in you decision.

Welcome to the Forum.

Moble

Cant ever forget Lara Croft

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 55 of 429 (893 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9550 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Message 56 of 429 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32941 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Great news, everyone!  We have three new members of the Welcoming Committee, who are ready to help new users whenever and wherever they may need help. 

FiveFourteen

moblesuit75

Speedy24xmax

The gatekeeper has spoken.  :smileysurprised:

Message 57 of 429 (873 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Thanks Gadget

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 58 of 429 (867 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Feb 1, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Great news, everyone!  We have three new members of the Welcoming Committee, who are ready to help new users whenever and wherever they may need help. 

FiveFourteen

moblesuit75 [

Speedy24xmax

The gatekeeper has spoken.  :smileysurprised:  You liked that huh :smileyhappy:

Be you welcome to the Welcoming Committee 2.0  Now behave :smileytongue:

It's nice to see you  guys making use of the Welcoming Committee 2.0 branding Wink WInk

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 59 of 429 (860 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Don't worry i'll behave :smileyhappy:

Atleast until I go evil Mwuhahahaha JK lol

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

Message 60 of 429 (856 Views)
0 Likes