Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 424 (863 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28062 posts

Re: Welcoming Committee v 2.0

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Dr Gadget, was this the image the old Welcoming Committee members used to have?

Welcome_Committee.png

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 424 (840 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7824 posts

Feb 3, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome_Committee.png

Nope. The original Welcoming Committee had no icon.

It also unofficially disbanded after moving over to Jive, when that particular icon (and those like them) were first introduced to the forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 424 (834 Views)
VP of Gaming
28062 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome_Committee.png

Nope. The original Welcoming Committee had no icon.

It also unofficially disbanded after moving over to Jive, when that particular icon (and those like them) were first introduced to the forums.

Ok cool, I only asked becasue I was looking at some pictures of a friend on here & I inadvertantly clicked show all pictures & saw a row of the 'official' ones, you know Moderator etc & this was amongst them as 'welcoming committee'.

Thanks for confirming though.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 424 (826 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Feb 6, 2013

When was the last time someone got into being a MVP? Most of the people listed under the WC2.0 are really helpful. I'm surprised some of them aren't MVPs.

It would be kinda neat if the MVP program could have a facelift perhaps. Also, for it to be more helpful to new users and other regulars, why not put an extra small box on the main forum page where it shows all the forum sections. It could have links to the MVP thread, The Moderation FAQ thread and etc'. Most of the helpful threads new comers just over look them in plain sight and won't discover them unless a couple of us tells them.

p.s., The links are broken in the MVP thread (the usernames)

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 424 (797 Views)
Welcoming Committee
32617 posts

Feb 19, 2013

bookepride wrote:

When was the last time someone got into being a MVP? Most of the people listed under the WC2.0 are really helpful. I'm surprised some of them aren't MVPs.

It would be kinda neat if the MVP program could have a facelift perhaps. Also, for it to be more helpful to new users and other regulars, why not put an extra small box on the main forum page where it shows all the forum sections. It could have links to the MVP thread, The Moderation FAQ thread and etc'. Most of the helpful threads new comers just over look them in plain sight and won't discover them unless a couple of us tells them.

I really like this line of reasoning.  I'd like to see it set up like IMDB.com where you could look by MVP or by board.  Let's say you're in a Silent Hill board.  You had an easy way to find all the threads started by MVP's or the posts made by MVP's in other threads.  But for it to be awesome, you would want some reachback ability and find threads started by people who were MVP's at the time.  Otherwise those gems would be lost.

Or you could select the MVP and find all the threads/posts they made as an MVP, and all the threads/posts they made before and after being an MVP.  There's usually a difference you know.

Or how about this feature?  You're in the Silent Hill board (purely as an examle) and you do a search for "secret items" but there's an MVP toggle in the search feature.  When you use the toggle, you only get search results from MVP's who wrote about secret items.  You could use it to get results from people who were MVP's at the time, or people who were ever MVP's.

The problem with these features is that we aren't tracking who was an MVP when.  But if we added that feature now, we could start tracking it as of 2013.  As time goes on, the results would become more meaningful.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 424 (747 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7457 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I keep getting more and more involved in these forums.  I am interested in the welcoming committe. it's basically what I try to do most of the time anyway sooo I was curious about being a part of it. Lemme know your thoughts.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 424 (693 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Goat you are always helping around from what Ive seen.

I think you would make a great addition.

Gotta run it by the boss DrG

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 424 (690 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46940 posts

Mar 6, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I keep getting more and more involved in these forums.  I am interested in the welcoming committe. it's basically what I try to do most of the time anyway sooo I was curious about being a part of it. Lemme know your thoughts.

^ I think you would be a good addition. 

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 424 (686 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46940 posts

Mar 6, 2013

bookepride wrote:

There is a big update to the program coming soon.   I'm not sure of the details but I'll ask and see what I can find out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 424 (684 Views)