Highlighted
Dec 03 2013
By: Darundal First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

BF4 Premium (China Rising DLC) not Working

[ Edited ]
31 replies 5836 views Edited Dec 3, 2013

I brought up this topic at EA, so basically I bought Battlefield 4 Premium for PS3, and it downloaded and activated it. But when I open up Battlefield 4 it says that I don't have Premium. I told this to the EA Support and they told me to come here. I'm not sure if you guys will be able to help, but if you can I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edit: updated thread title to reflect content

U--J

Message 1 of 32 (5,836 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: BF4 Premium not Working

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

i bought premium after the bf4 release and its been working fine since then. until china rising came out. when i try to join the dlc servers it prompts me to purchase premium. what the ****????

Edit: language

U--J

Message 2 of 32 (5,816 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Cuddle_monstr, this is exactly what's happening to me....
Message 3 of 32 (5,802 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 3, 2013

**bleep** this is happening to me. I bought premium a while ago with no problems until I try to join a server playing a new map. It indicates "BUY DLC" instead of "JOIN"... I tried deleting all saved data and reinstalling the new update. No change... I paid $50 - FIX THIS.

Message 4 of 32 (5,792 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5898 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Hi all,

It looks like this problem is happening across multiple platforms:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-China-Rising-Expansion-not-working/td-p/1943503

Considering the scope of the issue, we would suggest contacting EA to enable your battlefield game entitlements:

https://help.ea.com/en/origin

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 5 of 32 (5,769 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sony, are you guys retarded?

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

For Premium members of Battlefield 4, the China Rising DLC is supposed to be available today. Instead of just putting the DLC on there like you're expected to do, y'all throw some kinda holiday bundle crap in the store. I dunno about the rest of the people who paid $65 + $50 USD for BF4 & Premium, but I expected my 2 weeks early access. Thanks for making me feel like I threw out the extra cash for nothing. 

Message 6 of 32 (5,780 Views)
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Re: Sony, are you guys retarded?

Dec 3, 2013

PSN updates are time-zone controlled.

Message 7 of 32 (5,770 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Re: BF4 Premium (China Rising DLC) not Working

Dec 3, 2013
What do you think they did a coin toss? Heads for holiday bundle or tails for bf4 dlc....heads it is. Just be patient. It will come.
Message 8 of 32 (5,754 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Here's the issue:

Sony Computer Entertainment Playstation Network Store updates are done in the US by 18:00 EST. This is common knowledge. The service I paid an additional $50 USD for on top of the $65 USD cost of the game includes a 14 day early access to aditional content to the game I purchased the service for. China Rising is supposed to drop for people that paid that additional $50 USD TODAY, and there was a store update TODAY. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I got home at 18:00 from work and threw dinner in the oven. When I booted my system up, I was under the impression that I would be able to download my additional content while my dinner cooked and I took a shower. Instead of part of a service I paid extra money for, I see a bundle for the same price as the "Premium" season pass. This bundle is essentially a game I pre-ordered and paid $65 USD for, in the Playstation Store for $50 USD. Can you picture the irritation yet? I would have been fine if the only issue was that I had to wait an extra day to get my additional content, but when you go and do something like that INSTEAD of putting the additional content in the store is when your users start to get mad. 

Message 9 of 32 (5,730 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Dec 4, 2013
The store hasn't finished updating yet. Just be patient. No need to get irritated.
Message 10 of 32 (5,728 Views)
0 Likes