First Son
5 posts

Re: BF4 Premium (China Rising DLC) not Working

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

So should I take it that this list, which I checked once I was out of the shower to see if it just hadn't been put in the store yet today but was still scheduled to be added, updates as SONY puts more content in their store?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/03/playstation-store-update-322/

Message 11 of 32 (1,143 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Its a poor decision by Sony to first put up the bundle. And then the expansion pack. That is neither accidental nor a coincidence. Imagine how many people are falling for that. How about this novel idea. Post what you promised first and then try to grift the promotion afterwards. Oh right you've already taken our money so I guess we aren't highest priority. By the way can't log into any matches. Nice way to totally fumble today
Message 12 of 32 (1,132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2013
@waynefield no one is being impatient. its the principle. And no it wasn't a coin toss. It was basic economic strategy. Which do you think gets more money. Putting up a bundle with the expansion pack and the game. Waiting for people to either get desperate and buy it, or just buy it altogether in an attempt to get the exp pack OR post the dlc that was promised and make no additional money. My friend. We are not so easily fooled. Eff yourself.
Message 13 of 32 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

While everyone is getting upset, me included, just want to throw a couple of things out there -

I called PS Support (after EA, because they wont own responsibility nor could they tell me how to access the DLC) and we did a few things (including having to delete and reinstall, because the DLC was a part of the Premiun purchase.  I'm getting on the phone with them again because it didn't work, even after discovering I had corrupted data. So we will see what happen with this....

For those saying this is a marketing ploy - um... no. If you go to EA forums, this is a cross platform issue, affecting the PC and the Xbox. PC seems to have an easy fix, but it looks like whoever digitally downloaded from Sony's and MS's store are the one having the problems. I have friends who bought the disk versions with codes, and the DLC is coming up for them with no issues. 

It sounds like there is an issue with the digital Premium releases, so hopefully there's an answer to this. Trust me, I'm mad that I can't access it, and I wasted 2 hours redownloading the game content. Hopefully I will get some sort of answer in a few minutes. 

Message 14 of 32 (1,118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2013
I have disk version and I'm premium on ps3 and their little timeframe they game me is past the psn store update time window. I have yet to see anything china rising related on psn store. Or bf4 in game store. This premium crap is a joke. The only reason I got it is to play doc early looks like I'm not getting my money's worth. Oh and another thing I have yet not received my veteran status for bf4 even tho I played 4 titles before bf4. Ea and dice are both a joke..
Message 15 of 32 (1,090 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2013

I am having the EXACT same thing happen.

Try to join and get the Buy Premium screen.

I paid $50 for this as well.

I expect it to work. Period.

But once again as with all EA/PSN corporate BS,once they have your $$$ they don't care.

Look closely at the COC, lol, you can NEVER take either one to court or ANY other legal action, you agreed to that.....

Just sayin....

Message 16 of 32 (1,066 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Okay, here's what I found out. The rep this time told me that depending on the types of store updates, it could take up until the next day. He asked me to wait until tomorrow, and if it didn't show, then it was an EA issue, not them.

As of now, if you have premium, you can go into the store, search BF4 and go to addons and it's there as free. I don't know know when exactly it updated, but you can download it now.
Message 17 of 32 (1,054 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

i had the China Rising DLC downloaded already, and there are two servers showing that i can join, but when i try to join them a premium screen comes up, as if i need to but premium when im already a premium member. Then it tells me to download again, i try and it says its already downloading. 

I have since uninstalled CR and im trying to reinstall it, ill see what happens then. 

This is a terrible game, i just dont understand when having such a broken game became acceptable. 

ok so that seemed to work, im now playing CR. I uninstalled CR and then reinstalled it from the store

Message 18 of 32 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 8, 2013

You are right shinigami, i went to the store after the purchase of the premium, then BF4, then go to "purchase premium" then to addons, click china raising, its a 3gb download or so, so i will do it in the nightime >.>

Message 19 of 32 (884 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 24, 2014

No **bleep**.....

I purchased BF4 on disc. Then I went to the PSN store, paid $50 for the premium on March 9th, went to the store for my download, downloaded it and NOTHING.

When I try to play Air Superiority and Carrier Assault the message always says "Matchmaking failed" and underneath it says "You are missing one or more DLC's played on this server"

DLC's are NOT there?

In fact, I don't even see the China Rising map...

I go to the game menu and see the "purchase premium" triangle. So I try to do that and it says "there's no available content to download".

I called PSN, explained what's happening, they tell me it's an EA issue, So I call EA and they tell me it's a PSN store issue...

**bleep**?!?!?!?

Message 20 of 32 (371 Views)
0 Likes