Highlighted
Oct 03 2013
By: FIYASIDE First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Got billed today, immediately cancelled subscription, can I still get my money back?

3 replies 183 views Edited Oct 3, 2013

I got billed today for my PS+ subscription because I didn't realize that it automatically re-billed you when your subscription ended.  I was intending on just letting it run out and not continuing.  I immediately cancelled my subscription, but is there a way to get back the money I was billed?  I haven't used it at all, I was literally billed today so I don't see why I couldn't get a refund.

Message 1 of 4 (183 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Re: Got billed today, immediately cancelled subscription, can I still get my money back?

Oct 3, 2013

You can try calling customer support, but you are unlikely to get your money refunded.

To cancel PS+, you must turn off Auto-renew (which is ON by default) at least one day before your subscription ends.  Your subscription is automatically renewed around midnight on the day the subscription ends (I'm not sure what time zone applies).

Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Got billed today, immediately cancelled subscription, can I still get my money back?

Oct 3, 2013

The exactsame thing happened to me today, once the charge is through I'll be talking to my bank if they don't refund my money.  I haven't even touched my ps3 in at least half a year.

Message 3 of 4 (164 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41822 posts

Oct 3, 2013

Omaru1689 wrote:

The exactsame thing happened to me today, once the charge is through I'll be talking to my bank if they don't refund my money.  I haven't even touched my ps3 in at least half a year.

It clearly states that auto-renew is activate by default when you purchase the subscription, if you missed that then you really only have yourself to blame, sorry but you do.

If you dispute the charge with your back your PSN ID will be banned, be warned!

BRIT-KO

P.S. Welcome to the Community!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (161 Views)