May 06 2013
By: kingjohn_cd Lombax Warrior 218 posts
Accepted Solution

Need help on saves to the cloud

9 replies 298 views Edited May 6, 2013

Ok, so I'm going to start playing Bioshock pretty soon, and I wanna play it from the quiet of my room, but occasionally in the living room as well. This is fine as both TVs have an attached PS3, but I'm wondering, will PS+ allow me to seamlessly use my save file on both PS3s (which are both tied to my account, of course) or is that not how "Uploading to the Cloud" is meant to work? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41835 posts

Re: Need help on saves to the cloud

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

kingjohn_cd wrote:

Ok, so I'm going to start playing Bioshock pretty soon, and I wanna play it from the quiet of my room, but occasionally in the living room as well. This is fine as both TVs have an attached PS3, but I'm wondering, will PS+ allow me to seamlessly use my save file on both PS3s (which are both tied to my account, of course) or is that not how "Uploading to the Cloud" is meant to work? 

Thanks in advance!

Yes that is how it works & you should be able to do that, please be aware though that there is a 24 hour wait period from uploading to being able to acces it again.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 10 (293 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

May 6, 2013

Ok, good. But what do I do then about when it asks me if I want to upload my saves to the cloud? Because (as you know) when I pick yes, it says it'll stop updating my other ps3 to update this one. Do I have to keep telling yes to them back and forth to keep it uploading to the cloud?

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31560 posts

May 7, 2013

The automatic save data upload function is part of the Playstation Plus automatic updates feature.  That feature can only be enabled on one PS3 at a time, for each PSN account that is subscribed to Playstation Plus.  If you enable it on a PS3 console, then it will be disabled on any console that you used it on previously.  You can't use automatic save data upload on two consoles at once for the same PSN account.

GKP
Message 4 of 10 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5073 posts

May 7, 2013
Bear in mind that, if the gamesave is 'Copy-Protected' (a really stupid function that some idiotic publishers still insist on implementing), then you will need to wait at least 24 hours before downloading this type of save again.
Message 5 of 10 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

May 8, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

The automatic save data upload function is part of the Playstation Plus automatic updates feature.  That feature can only be enabled on one PS3 at a time, for each PSN account that is subscribed to Playstation Plus.  If you enable it on a PS3 console, then it will be disabled on any console that you used it on previously.  You can't use automatic save data upload on two consoles at once for the same PSN account.

Hey thanks, thats definitely helpful. But it didn't really answer my question. So should I say yes to it each time I (momentarily) switch consoles so it'll keep uploading my save?

Message 6 of 10 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5073 posts

May 9, 2013
Personally, I say 'No' to the auto-upload feature. The main reason being I dislike the idea of having the PS3 remember my logon password to enable it to do this. I see limited use in scheduled powerups during the night when - for me - it's mostly unnecessary.
What I usually do is manually upload a save after each play session.
Message 7 of 10 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

May 9, 2013

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:
Personally, I say 'No' to the auto-upload feature. The main reason being I dislike the idea of having the PS3 remember my logon password to enable it to do this. I see limited use in scheduled powerups during the night when - for me - it's mostly unnecessary.
What I usually do is manually upload a save after each play session.

That's exactly what I'd rather do. Manually upload each time. Cuzz I do most of my gaming on my TV. But occasionally, I'll head into my living room to play on the bigger TV if no one else is using it. But how do I manually upload a save?

Message 8 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31560 posts

May 10, 2013

Just use the Copy command in the option menu of the save data that you want to copy.  One of the destination options will be online storage.

GKP
Message 9 of 10 (228 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

May 11, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Just use the Copy command in the option menu of the save data that you want to copy.  One of the destination options will be online storage.

Awesome. Thanks everyone who helped!

Message 10 of 10 (222 Views)
0 Likes