Reply
May 03 2013
By: eagles1990 PlayStation MVP 30008 posts
Online

PS Plus System Update Glitch?

6 replies 301 views Edited May 3, 2013

I've noticed that for the last few system updates, when I turn my PS3 on it says the updates were auto downloaded through PS Plus but when I go to log into the Network, it tells me I have to download the update. 

 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

 

 

Message 1 of 7 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
36053 posts
 

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

I've noticed that for the last few system updates, when I turn my PS3 on it says the updates were auto downloaded through PS Plus but when I go to log into the Network, it tells me I have to download the update. 

 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

 

 


I'm having the exact same thing eagles, it happened with me today with Amazon or Netflix, it said patch downloaded or something then when i went to open the App it had me do the download/update!!!!!

 

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 7 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
Registered: 12/20/2012
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

May 3, 2013
[Moved from PS Gen]
Message 3 of 7 (273 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16320 posts
 

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

May 3, 2013

Glitch?

This is not a glitch.... the PS3 only DOWNLOADS the firmware update as it still requires user interaction to acknowledge a few things like accepting the TOS.

You're still required to update your PS3, but you at least dont have to download it. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 4 of 7 (265 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
36053 posts
 

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

May 3, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Glitch?

This is not a glitch.... the PS3 only DOWNLOADS the firmware update as it still requires user interaction to acknowledge a few things like accepting the TOS.

You're still required to update your PS3, but you at least dont have to download it. 


We're talling about PS Plus here gR3y, & as for downloading yes, it says it has then it asks us to download it again!!

 

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 7 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Online
20271 posts
 

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

May 5, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Glitch?

This is not a glitch.... the PS3 only DOWNLOADS the firmware update as it still requires user interaction to acknowledge a few things like accepting the TOS.

You're still required to update your PS3, but you at least dont have to download it. 


We're talling about PS Plus here gR3y, & as for downloading yes, it says it has then it asks us to download it again!!

 

BRIT-KO


Doesn't it go right to accepting TOS then install? I've had this happen too with the Plus auto update thing and I thought it did the download just like grey said.

Message 6 of 7 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
36053 posts
 

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

May 5, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Glitch?

This is not a glitch.... the PS3 only DOWNLOADS the firmware update as it still requires user interaction to acknowledge a few things like accepting the TOS.

You're still required to update your PS3, but you at least dont have to download it. 


We're talling about PS Plus here gR3y, & as for downloading yes, it says it has then it asks us to download it again!!

 

BRIT-KO


Doesn't it go right to accepting TOS then install? I've had this happen too with the Plus auto update thing and I thought it did the download just like grey said.


Hmm, you have me doubting myself now ne1!

 

BRIT-KO

Message 7 of 7 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes