Dec 29 2011
By: Seany-2K8 Wastelander 720 posts
Accepted Solution

(Almost) 62 Reasons why the new forums suck (Oh wait... I cant say that anymore)

49 replies 210 views Edited Dec 29, 2010

I decided to list everything that is crappy about the new forums, so feel free to add your reasons.

(PS. I invite any mods to try and defend themselves against these reasons rather than deleting this thread and trying to push their problems under the carpet)

1. The new layout is terrible (duh)
  2. Can't Find old posts
  3. New mods are cocky
  4. The Warhawk community officially is dead
  5. Questions take longer to be answered
  6. Editing doesn't work anymore
  7. Can only edit for 15 mins
  8. Old smileys>New smileys
  9. This thread will be locked/deleted
  10. Threads disappear for no reason
  11. Insane language filter (l0cked, n00b, Flam3, 5uck)
  12. New spell checker is awkward
  13. No way of telling if post has new replies
  14. Pages can be slow loading
  15. FAQ not as helpful as the old 'new users guide'
  16. 'Quick Reply' is now default.
  17. Mods are in denial
  18. I will ge an admin warning for this
  19. Still lost of trolls (I know, they will always be around)
  20. Still now custom avatars yet
  21. Cant change link text
  22. No more Kudos
  23. 'Like' button but no dislike option
  24. If that happened someone's feelings might get hurt, then Adolf Hitler would eat a puppy
  25. Cant preview messages
  26. Private messages are gone (I was collecting admin warnings)
  27. Jive isn't actually forum software
  28. Less forum activity
  29. Shungokusatsu has 72,340 posts
  30. Its copying Facebook
  31. We cant create our own polls
  32. And I still cant find them
  33. I still get lost
  34. Black skins are gone (I didn't even use it)
  35. Black Ops is lagy
  36. My forum rank is 'Lagger' (Thanks for rubbing it in)
  37. 80% of people dont like it
  38. 50% of people have stopped reading
  39. http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30818362#30818362 - Not very helpful
  40. It looks ugly
  41. Nothing remotely off-topic allowed
  42. Sigs have gone all weird
  43. E-Mail alerts turned themselves on
  44. No more code sharing (not that I care)
  45. Carbonox_Ratched has disappeared - he really hated me
  46. Not user-friendly
  47. Censoring denies us of our human right - Freedom of speech
  48. Human rights>Rules of conduct
  49. Ever heard of old sayings don't fix what ain't broken' or 'Quality over quantity'? Apparently not...
  50. Even the MVPs aren't happy
  51. Only one useful new feature - Insert videos
  52. You cant even see what messages have been 'liked'
  53. Navigation is confusing
  54. No more spoiler tags
  55. It feels more 'PC' - why you have to say 'happy holidays' instead of christmas
  56. Do we really need to insert tables?
  57. ON THE HOME PAGE IT SAYS TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK
  58. Your still reading? Well done
  59. Although it says 'Playstation Community' at the top of the page, it feels less communityish
  60. Thats pretty much it...
  61. Did I mention that this thread will be deleted and I will probably get banned, that will just prove my all the above points...
  62. Thanks for reading
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 50 (210 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Re: (Almost) 62 Reasons why the new forums suck (Oh wait... I cant say that anymore)

Dec 29, 2010

LMAO...

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1776 posts

Re: (Almost) 62 Reasons why the new forums suck (Oh wait... I cant say that anymore)

Dec 29, 2010

LOL, well. I agree with half of your post, the other half just make you sound like an EPIC N00B/TR0LL

http://www.macdoctor.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/troll.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 50 (210 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Dec 29, 2010

I agree with a lot of what you said but...  I guess we just have to adapt to the change.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4624 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Very nice and lol@admin warnings! I used to do that too

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27612 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Like someone else I agree with around half of your 'moans'.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1631 posts

Dec 29, 2010

I actulay agree with every point, this site is no longer a community. It feels like a REALLY badly designed social network site. When you say the warhawk board is dead, apply that to all boards. When on lithium the board moved really fast and were very populated. Now they are slow and even the cod board is a shell of what it used to be.

It also feels like a dictatorship, any negative comments are deleted...watch out TC.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 50 (210 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
6687 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Hi Seany - 2K8

That certainly is a detailed list!! I actually found it pretty helpful as we are always looking for ways to make this new platform better and there are some points you've brought up that I can bring to the table.

People have reported on very similar issues (for example, the editing, the language filter, the layout....). We (the Mods) have already reported on these and we're looking into ways we can resolve them.

There are, however, a few things on your list I can shed some light on

Custom Avatars are coming - within the next few weeks. And the load times are getting better with each update we do.

PMs are still here! Just click on "your stuff" on the top and you should be able to see them.

To find polls - click on "Browse" and polls is featured as an option.

E-mail alerts can be switched off - there was an issue with them magically switching themselves on again, but it has been resolved. If you're still recieving them even after you've switched them off - lemme know and I can report the bug and get it resolved.

As for the navigation - have you tried using the "your view" function? You can customise it any way you like...even bookmark the spaces you frequently visit.

Hope that helps,

Any more issues/problems lemme know. I'm happy to help.

TraWnza

ps - i hope i didn't come across as cocky it wasn't my intention - I am really just trying to help.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 50 (210 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 30, 2010

Where's the "Your View" function? Does it allow me to customize the resolution of the forums? I find it irritating that, even at the state of technology that we're in, the many site redesigns I've had to go through appears designed for the lowest common denominator, cheap/poor users who haven't had a computer upgrade in over a decade; wikia was the latest site to commit this folly, in my experience. I didn't approve of being beat over the head with a space-inefficient layout.

I'm on 1920x1080 resolution and I hate jumping through hoops so that I'm not having to stare at content only taking up half the horizontal space. Sony is desires to be at the forefront of technology, so why can't the official website of one of its subsidiaries easily adjust itself to a proper high-definition resolution?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3948 posts

Dec 30, 2010

Anything that goes against the forums will most likely get deleted, like my polls did....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SOAP sig ver 8
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes