Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: New Forum Feedback

Dec 23, 2010

Cant edit, so here we go again...

Ok, I stopped reading all this  thread - just too much . So, just my first thoughts.

What I miss  so far:

• Where are my old PM's?
  • No more  editing old posts?
  • How to enable that I see  easily what I already read? !!!
  • How to bring back  the black?
  • (new) cant distinguish links from normal text
  • (newer)  cant find the quote button at first (now I found it)
  • (newer) couldnt find color (at first). Please make that a  basic editor feature and dont lose it by copy and paste.
  • (newerer) looks like editing  (during the short time where it is possible) adds random spaces?
  • (newererer) selecting a color is not sticky - very annoying.

Good:

• write  to more than one user at a time (not tested, just read about it)
  • (even newer) Email notification works for me now

I   feel lost

SympathyCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings

RIP MSPR :smileysad: - Burn in hell Sony :smileytongue:

http://joban123.weebly.com
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 991 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I think almost every member would be happy if we had the EU forum layout.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 991 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Give it some time guys.

I'm used to it from when Nintendo upgraded.

Earn a free PlayStation Vita by completing offers OR referring people.
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 991 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
589 posts

Dec 23, 2010

My feedback on the new forum layout = BAD BAD BAD BAD

In order to find the Killzone 3 forum I had to search for it in the "search" box. I would've thought that it would be under "shooters" but no. This is just the first thing I noticed. Also everything just seems scattered. Looks as though you guys went too far and did too much. The old layout was very user friendly and easy to navigate. I use to prefer these forums highly over the 360 ones, but now I don't know.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 991 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

Dec 23, 2010

It just too much work to go where you want. This is not a good layout. the old way really was easy and smooth. Dont fix it if it aint broke. pretty disappointing.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 991 (15 Views)
Wastelander
545 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Design is beautiful and all that, but it's missing loads of the basic functions that the old forum had.

Really need to be able to mark threads as read so that when I come back to a forum I can see what threads have new posts in them. Without this, the whole thing is a mess of threads.

Additionally, the initial layout is chaos. You really need the basic list of all the forums on the main front page and not all this social networking stuff. It's insanely confusing.

Lovely beautiful design, but some mega basic functionality is missing that ruins it.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 991 (15 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I agree with everyone who has said something about not being able to distinguish threads that have been read from threads that are unread. It's really confusing not having the ability to easily differentiate between the two, or to tell which threads have new posts since I last read them.

edit: I also just noticed that some info I posted in the Heavy Rain forum that was previously using a spoiler tag is now showing as regular text, so the spoiler information is displaying in the post with no warning, just as if it was a normal post.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 991 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Just change it all back. This is not a forum. This looks like a ran down social networking site.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 991 (15 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8348 posts

Dec 23, 2010

The ironic part about this is how it's called the "Playstation Community". This isn't a community. It was supposed to be a forum site that got better with the upgrade, not worse.

I remember when the old forums took away our colors for some backhanded reason. After a while, we finally got them back and it was great. Now they are gone AGAIN. Not only are they gone, they were taken away ASAP. What's the point? Although I will just assume this has something to do with "Phase 1". Especially since you guys did say that you WERE bringing back custom avatars. I'm going to assume that colors will return sometime later(But seriously, they need to return).

I think the forums are OKAY at the most, but they do look worse than what we had before. In fact, I've seen free forums that look better. What we should have is: When we log onto or go to this website, we are located at our home-page(Unless we get here via bookmark. Some people want to get where they're going with no BS), where we have a list of forums we follow and whatnot located there for us to see anything new or whatever. Then, we can select the "Playstation Community Forums" and have a list of every forum on the site, right in front of us, without any hassle or bothersome treasure hunt where we have to click this, click that, scroll here and finally get to the forums.

If that's not a good idea, I don't know what is. We shouldn't have to search for our forums. They should be right there at all times for anyone to find. I'm not complaining, whining, or moaning here. People don't come here to customize stuff and search for things and do this and that. They come here to discuss things. It's a forum. I don't like using Facebook. I don't like using Myspace.

The fact that you guys are doing this feedback thread shows that you're going to at least try to correct any problem we are having, which is nice. I just really hope that we can get things back to at least half-way normal. I like the idea with the customization and whatnot, but you have to remember that this was a forum. These people come here and expect simple and easy navigation. Not some weird attempt at a social networking site.

It's not that I don't appreciate what you guys tried to do, but when you change things so drastically, it's pretty easy to see why so many people are frustrated with it.

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 991 (15 Views)
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 23, 2010

No one had anything good to say about the change.  That should be a red flag that you need to change it back. 

The dying art of clean racing.

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 991 (15 Views)
0 Likes