Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2011
By: Shintogod First Son 5 posts

THE PS3 does everything? right well why can't you listen music while playing ps3? also use a web browser while in game? we should after all the PS3 DOES EVERYTHING!!! right?

26 replies 3815 views Edited Mar 21, 2011

listen music on ps3 while playing a game? why can't it do that.THE PS3 DOES EVERYTHING, what happened to that?

console wise ps3 is the way to go. anyways  i believe that in one of the updates which is soon to come, you'll be able to minimize the game when your playing it. That means that when your playing a game and you receive a message, instead of having to exit out of the game, you can just minimize the game and read the message and then continue playing. It would be similar with music, so you could play music at the same time as playing. For now i just listen to my ipod and big headphones while i play. I know the ps3 is can do this, also it would be nice if the upgrade the web browsers so i can use it while i am in a game and also upgrade the flash on it so i can look at most of the webpages on the Internet, also let the web browsers go to 16:9 instead of keeping it at 4:3

Message 1 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Re: THE PS3 does everything? right well why can't you listen music while playing ps3? also use a web browser while in game? we should after all the PS3 DOES EVERYTHING!!! right?

Mar 21, 2011

1st, you dont have to exit a game to read a message. just press the ps-button and scroll over and read it. press ps-button again and return to the game.

2nd you can listen to music while gaming on some games. sony left it up to the individual developers whether to include the feature or not.

most deveopers dont include it, i guess they spend alot of money on the games musical score and dont want people to play justin beiber over it. to see if its possible with a certain game just press the ps-button and scroll over to the music and try to play some. it will either work, or it will tell you its not possible without quiting the game.

3rd, press triangle while in the browser and look in the settings, theres a setting to change the screen to 16:9, or maximum or something.

why would you want to surf at the same time as you're playing a game anyway. also the ps3 is a game console not a pc, the browser is just a convenience, not meant to replace your pc browser.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Re: THE PS3 does everything? right well why can't you listen music while playing ps3? also use a web browser while in game? we should after all the PS3 DOES EVERYTHING!!! right?

Mar 21, 2011

Well... it does everything.

Everything badly but it does .

The important is that IT IS the best HD console on the market, hands down to that.

I really doubt that there is an update for that purpose you mentioned. I believe they're focused on gaming and PSN instead.

Still, it would be nice to have that kind of freedom. Too bad ain't gonna happen...

Message 3 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5505 posts

Mar 21, 2011

First let me start by saying I do enjoy my PlayStation®3 system but it does have it's downfalls. Multitasking (in-game XMB™) is just done horribly. Why is it the PS3, touted as being very powerful, lags when accessing a message while playing a game? Every PS3 system has a built in hard drive. Utilize it for caching.

Also, the browser is just garbage and outdated. A convenience? Not really. Why include something if you are not going to do it correctly? I guess to simply say "We have one." SCE needs to address these downfalls. They haven't and they won't. They don't care and have proven that over the time the console has been on the market.

When a real contender jumps on board (ex. Apple), SCE is going to have a real problem unless they get it together and listen to their user base.

Message 4 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 21, 2011

I am a orginaly pc gamer and still am one. i just got a ps3, there only a few reasons I got a ps3, one was that steam is coming out on ps3 so i can play my games on there, which is nice, and do split screen with l4d and l4d2 when I got my friends over. next thing was that move was cool, so much better than the konect or (what ever its called doesn't even deserve to be spelled right lol) and wii. also I really like games from japan, and the ps3 exclusives like killzone 3 and i need a blu ray player, so why not get the best one on the market. xbox just isn't that good and only thing they have is halo, and that games not that good. Microsoft has hugely disappointed me.

thanks for they help on the web browser,I didn't know that when you press the  triangle while in the browser there is a setting to change the screen to 16:9, or maximum or something else, I hope that this works for netflix, because I am having that problem on the ps3 with netflix

i know that on the ps3 you can play music while in SOME GAMES but it should do that in ALL GAMES, because it can. there just needs to be an update for it. also what i really mean about the web browser is could they update it once in a while and put more updated version of flash on it?

Message 5 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Mar 21, 2011

I feel the same. The PS3 is a great console when it comes to gaming, with a lot of great exclusives, move, free online (unless you choose Plus plan) and 3d capability.

The internet browser, the media center and everything else looks outdated.  But again, they won't do a thing about it.

Message 6 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Mar 22, 2011

Hey,

Just a reminder that cross-platform discussions are frowned upon as they usually just lead to flaming...

Don't wanna have to lock the thread so please behave! ^_^

Thanks folks!!

- RockinRetrobilly

Message 7 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1319 posts

Mar 23, 2011

They might as well make it wash my car and clean my house. After all it does do everything!!!!!

HA

Message 8 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Mar 23, 2011
Message 9 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Shintogod wrote:

listen music on ps3 while playing a game? why can't it do that.THE PS3 DOES EVERYTHING, what happened to that?

console wise ps3 is the way to go. anyways  i believe that in one of the updates which is soon to come, you'll be able to minimize the game when your playing it. That means that when your playing a game and you receive a message, instead of having to exit out of the game, you can just minimize the game and read the message and then continue playing. It would be similar with music, so you could play music at the same time as playing. For now i just listen to my ipod and big headphones while i play. I know the ps3 is can do this, also it would be nice if the upgrade the web browsers so i can use it while i am in a game and also upgrade the flash on it so i can look at most of the webpages on the Internet, also let the web browsers go to 16:9 instead of keeping it at 4:3

AHAHHAH TRUE

Message 10 of 27 (3,815 Views)
0 Likes