Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Re: Why does everybody hate the new forums?

Dec 23, 2010

I've also been on a lot of forums in my time, you really can barely call this one any more, its closer to a suped up facebook/twitter/blog thing now, i honestly don't mind change, but when its actually a step backwards its a pointless change, just hope its played around with to get it to be much more forum like and have the features needed added in in the future, other wise we'll probably end up loosing a lot of posters due to this.

Photobucket
Message 31 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Its not so bad its just i have no clue were everything is.

photo Stpaddyssignature_zps53e145b9.png
Message 32 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Dec 23, 2010

yeAH.. its too crowded.. old forum was better, it showed all the stuff to get the job done and didnt confuse people

1000th trophy - 11/29/2010 11:11 AM
The Sly Collection;
Remote Controlled Turtle - Score 8000 in Bently RC race.

786 Bronze, 166 Silver, 42 Gold, 6 Platinums
Message 33 of 37 (62 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Dec 23, 2010

pasufarin wrote:

Darvan wrote:

May I ask what features where removed

For one, you can no longer edit posts after a minute or so. That makes it hard for people to create coherent and well organized FAQs or guides, much less be able to fix typos/mistakes, and will now encourage people to double post.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.

Looks like were having a server overload...also I agree they need to remove the glitch on that timer if that is what it is or correct it.

Also my spell checker is no longer functioning that is Safari, It has been spell checker Useless.JPG useless as of this morning.

And wow It is taking forever to run now.

update:

Must have hit the abc thing with check mark its fixed after re selecting spell check.

OSX seems speed things up a tad but not by much lol.

Selecting "Advanced editor allows for Color and font Family Also one can insert a Table?

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 34 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19510 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

I definately agree that the removal of the "editing feature" was silly.

How else will all the MVPs and other users who create information threads keep such information up to date and clear?

also they definately need to make the first page a "board list" like before.

That way I can scroll down and see all the different boards and sub boards and post in the board about the game or topic I wish to discuss.

Amen. I honestly do not see how we are to keep a healthy community in this state.

As for the boards, a temporary thing you can do is customize the home page, add Places with Big font, and it'll suffice until they address this.

Message 35 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Where's the kudos button? I've give you some but it looks like they removed that feature.

I'd add topic floats to the list of grievances. I have to scroll through old postings to get to beta boards that don't show up in the normal listings of things.

coreno wrote:

I posted this in another thread, but applies here too...

Having been on these forums since 2001, and moderating since 2005, I've learned a lot about "this crowd", and forums in general.

People here love individuality, personalization, and rewards. That's always been part of the big deal of Custom Avatars. You get to give your posts personality and individuality, and stand out when skimming through a thread. We also had it setup so that you we rewarded this at a certain rank, so you had to work to this reward, making it all the more attractive.

Rank colors (and ranks in general) are long the same line. While not as customizable, it helps a person stand out even more in the large userbase, and show how long they've been here. A color is much easier to spot. People would also change their posting habits just to obtain a particular color, and then keep it for as long (or short) as possible.

Few people like change, especially drastic changes, and even more especially when it's forced against their will. You couple that with lost individuality, lost rewards, and an undeniably asinine navigation box thats 225x290 to navigate the large number of boards, lack of a jump to last unread, and inability to even jump to a specific page in a thread from the thread listing (just to name a few)....

Now the picture becomes clearer of all the voices of frustration, anger, and hate. Some things may get better with time, but how much are people willing to put up with, and for how long?

Message 36 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Im going to go out on a limb here and say this new style is horrible i cant find any thing now! it sucks sorry sony FAIL!  Photobucket XrazgarX Trophy Card

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Message 37 of 37 (62 Views)
0 Likes