Feb 18 2012
By: DragonzplayAPBB First Son 1 posts

Creating and using a software utility tool for recovering lost or deleted saved game data and characters on the PS3 game system.

2 replies 36 views Edited Feb 18, 2012

After playing Skyrim for a few hundred hours and leveling up to 100, an attempt to start a secound new character resulted in the complete deletion of my original character without any warning or being offered the option to make the decision to throw away my hard work. This is a very perplexing situation that may be solved by the use a recovery utility in order to recover data on the disc that the ps3 and skyrim has decided to ignore and consider deleted. As the PS3 file system is not recognizable by a microsoft based computer, it seems that a specially written software would be required and able to be down loaded and run directly from and online source or thru the flash drive and usb port.

Does anybody know of any thing that would be helpful to this situation?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25974 posts

Re: Creating and using a software utility tool for recovering lost or deleted saved game data and characters on the PS3 game system.

Feb 19, 2012

I know this doesn't help you out any, but as a PS Plus Subscriber I was able to retrieve some data this evening that would usually have been lost, I was 52% through the game, but because of PS Plus Cloud Storage I was able to get it all back within minutes.

Would your having a Plus Subscription have helped you too?, I think possibly, yes.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Creating and using a software utility tool for recovering lost or deleted saved game data and characters on the PS3 game system.

Feb 19, 2012

A spare USB thumb drive might work for future backups too if Skyrim saves aren't copy-prohibited.

I think you might be out of luck, because Sony encrypts the hard drive to prevent tampering.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes