Nov 10 2010
By: sixavier5 First Son 24 posts

red/yellow light of death killed by black ops

5 replies 18 views Edited Nov 10, 2010

after 5 minutes playing multiplayer cod-black ops, i got the red/yellow light of death. after researching online repairs, im considering buying a new console and repair old one later.  1. how can i transfer my saved data to new console? 2. will i be able to re-download my purchased movies and DLC from psn? 3. will my trophies still be available to my new console?  4. is the slim model the only one available now? please help before i fork over $300 for a new one or $120+ to repair old one. I NEED TO PLAY MY GAMES NOWWWWW!   has anyone else's system crash after installing black ops? is something wrong with black ops? HELP!

Message 1 of 6 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: red/yellow light of death killed by black ops

Nov 11, 2010

sixavier5 wrote:

after 5 minutes playing multiplayer cod-black ops, i got the red/yellow light of death. after researching online repairs, im considering buying a new console and repair old one later.  1. how can i transfer my saved data to new console? 2. will i be able to re-download my purchased movies and DLC from psn? 3. will my trophies still be available to my new console?  4. is the slim model the only one available now? please help before i fork over $300 for a new one or $120+ to repair old one. I NEED TO PLAY MY GAMES NOWWWWW!   has anyone else's system crash after installing black ops? is something wrong with black ops? HELP!

1. If your games aren't copy writed, you can do that, but you would have to do something that I don't know. I suggest researching that question.

2. Although you won't be able to delete your old PSN account, you can re-download games, but not movies.

3. As long as you keep your old account, you can keep all your trophies and everything just remember to sign in as your old account.

4. I don't know whether the slim is the only model out right now.

Message 2 of 6 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 11, 2010

my Ps3 also got the yellow light of death and I got Black Ops yesterday was playing for 15 or so minutes today and boom PS3 dead.

Message 3 of 6 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Nov 11, 2010
whats up with that? is your ps3 a new slim or older one ? mine was a 80g 21/2 yrs old. and it wasnt even hot so it couldnt 've overheated. some say its coincidental but idk about that. im convinced black ops has got issues that breaks the units. im buying a new slim but im worried that the same thing will happen. suggestions?
Message 4 of 6 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 11, 2010
Even though it doesn't get hot, it can still overheat since the glue or something needs to be changed out. Sony really created a good system with a bad tendency to overheat. I hear that people change out the thermal glue every now and then. Anyways, I would suggest you get your PS3 fixed instead of buying a new one. Try a non-Sony repair service like Gophermods.
Message 5 of 6 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Dec 11, 2010

Mine has frozen on Black Ops a total of 4 times. But, when it froze today, it no longer allowed me to turn it on.... most of you seem to have said that it's a repeated thing, which means your PS3 eventually recovered. Did anyone's system just completely die after the Black Ops freeze?

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Message 6 of 6 (18 Views)
0 Likes