Highlighted
Jun 26 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2333 posts

An article you may want to read.

9 replies 441 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

I linked to page 3 but you can select the previous pages to view the article in it's entirety.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/193695/postmortem__sony_santa_monicas_.php?page=3

Message 1 of 10 (441 Views)
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Re: An article you may want to read.

Jun 27, 2013

I linked this before but it is an interesting read. I'm hoping for the next God of War they learn from their mistakes and do the game elements in order instead of creating MP then switching back to SP and vice versa. Focus on one element at a time, then begin the next. I'm hoping the next GoW is amazing.

Message 2 of 10 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Yes, this was a very interesting read and it gives me hope for a future GoW. Dont get me wrong I do love Ascension, but there were somethings that made me be disappointed in it. But now that they know how the MP is going to work, they can work more on the SP than the MP or work on them equally.

Message 3 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Agreed. Either equal amount of time or slightly more time on the SP. I have high hopes for the next GoW. Not high expectations because it may not be what I want it to be.

Message 4 of 10 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jun 28, 2013

^yeah too many ppl had too high expectations for Ascension, and look at how much ppl hate it lol. Once I heard it was a prequel, I knew it wasnt going to be as great as previous games, soooo it kinda worked out for me lol, even though I was hoping for alittle bit more personal story.

Message 5 of 10 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Lol I know right, silly people Smiley Tongue It would've been nice for a more personal story but I guess it didn't work than way. I was disappointed though mainly because it was the first GoW game I ever played (that's sad, I know lol) and it's easily my favourite franchise because it has all of my favourite genres in one. Then when I bought the Saga, I had high expectations because everyone was telling me how amazing it is. I'm up to GoW3 and I see why now.

Message 6 of 10 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jun 28, 2013

DaNielgAUci wrote:

Lol I know right, silly people Smiley Tongue It would've been nice for a more personal story but I guess it didn't work than way. I was disappointed though mainly because it was the first GoW game I ever played (that's sad, I know lol) and it's easily my favourite franchise because it has all of my favourite genres in one. Then when I bought the Saga, I had high expectations because everyone was telling me how amazing it is. I'm up to GoW3 and I see why now.

Wow so you're new to Kratos and his story? Man I envy you lol Smiley LOL That feeling when you play each one for the first time, *Sigh* Gold Smiley Happy
You're one lucky S.O.B buddy. Glad we made another life long fan Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10 (237 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Amazing read!!!

Thanks a lot!

Chapters 4 of this "postmortem" confirmed all my feelings on what went wrong in the production of this game: MP  ruined the SP development.

I agree on chapter 5, but I would add that there weren't so many "epic moments" in the SP, only two or three... so they can do better on this aspect too, if compared to GOW2 and GOW3.

But now I have great hopes for GOW4 because it seems that that they learned the lesson.

Come back to your glorious state, Sony Santa Monica! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Jul 1, 2013

@Buddah, lol man you always make me laugh. Also that feeling, amazing Smiley Happy Aren't we all lucky S.O.Bs? Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Yes, yes. I'm still meaning to get around to reviewing it properly with the mocking of their nonsense and all that jazz.
Message 10 of 10 (133 Views)