Splicer
49 posts

Re: Bug people

Feb 14, 2013

SLAP254 wrote:

EnNafi wrote:
 how should it not fit the game...

I was not talking about the furies. I was talking about empusa and the parasites and when they mutate into human form. Cant forget good old honky tonk when the giant bug comes out of his hand. When I think of Greek mythology I never think about bugs. I am sure most people don't.  

Yeah but those parasites are coming from the Furies "as they could appear as a swarm of insects" thats the connection of those bugs to them. You could clearly see that Magaera is a host for those bugs.

Yeah when ppl think about Greek mythology they won't think of Kratos either of if they would he wouldn't be the 'GoW' or 'Ghost of Sparta' either since Kratos and his brothers were the first to stand with Zeus  as he defended Mount Olympus from the god of monsters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ImageImageImage
Message 21 of 24 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5674 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Stunnah: >aren't fun
>Harpies
Pests like them are excellent flavoring to a given fight with Minor Grunts, other Pests, Fodder, Major Grunts, Mini-bosses and even a boss (if they had the balls to do it). They're simple foes. The bugs are more like Fodder than Pests though. The former really only have one (maybe two) attacks. Pests can have three or so. Each order of foe can become more complicated (aside from having stronger hit properties, more HP, more resistance, etc.).

The bugs seem like a melee only version of Hades Nymphs (GoWII). If they can actively infect NPCs, they could be interesting for a combat role. Even more so if they can infect and morph the various enemies in the game. That would elevate them pretty high in my opinion (but I don't expect that). I still want to see beast riding (by foes) and summoning though. These things need to return.

Their explosion via grab kill is cute, but why don't they explode from damage kills to make them even more dangerous? Their super green bodies are a little boring to look at (the art was more colorful). I'd rather have pure black (and shiny) if sticking to one color. Sort of reminds me of Egyptian mythology with scarabs (regarding flavoring of the Magaera character taking the bug swarm route).
Message 22 of 24 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

^ Yeah, they remind me of Scarabs too!

I'm not a fan of the bugs at all, they are just pests like the harpies. I know I'll be **bleep** off when I see I have to fight more of these things

Message 23 of 24 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5674 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Harpies are "Pests", but these would be "Fodder" (like Nymphs). If they can infect more than NPCs or the 'boss' case, they could become very interesting. That would be A LOT of work though. I'd be exceptionally impressed if a few other foe types could be taken over by groups of the Parasite.

Too bad about pathetic collision damage, but if they make the explosion for tossing them 20 damage (they won't), it would add up nicely like dog kicks for HCWs against the HCB in GoWIII. I'd like that. I just think it strange they don't explode from damage kills or offer a ranged attack. If they made them more complicated, they could become Pest tier. Give them a swarm (dog pile variant) as group AI aside from the infect ability. When alone, a grab (like Scylla Brood). Maybe a projectile like Cursed Wretches.

Have other variants that use webbing (Nymphs) *shake free or have it slow our movement along the ground or other annoying attributes*, another with an explosive shot (and death) for another variant *like Hades Nymph*. If they had revealed them earlier, ideas could have been suggested accordingly, but now it is too late (the game is done).
Message 24 of 24 (25 Views)
0 Likes