Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Re: Gamespot Review

Mar 7, 2013

I honestly Don't get Reviewers...Sessler bitched at a momment of Kratos unchivarly act to a woman who had been torturing the poor guy and a rude yet pointless named trophy....this brit from gamespot reguarded Multiplayer as tacked on when to me it seems to be the best aspect of Ascension its new to the series and quite original....I don't know I suppose I'm just an ignorant gamer that loves this series to much to see its faults....

(T__T)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (319 Views)
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Mar 7, 2013
GIVE US STIG ASSMUSSEN BACK!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

@LordSesshomaru85

It's not you. I just find it odd that people consistantly complained about how Kratos was one-dimensional and angry all the time, but when SSM gt's not you. I just find it odd that people consistantly complained about how Kratos was one-dimensional and angry all the time, but when SSM give him some emotion they complain that he isn't as exciting as angry Kratos. Also this game does bring more of the same but not in a bad way. It's been like that throughout the whole series it's brutal, violent, and gory  it's what everyone (or at least me) loves God of War . As for new stuff Kratos gets stronger in each new game and has some different powers and abilities every time so there are some new aspects. The multiplayer was also really fun and defintiely did not feel tacked on but alas everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (292 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I'm waiting to see reviews from the members of the forums. The true fans.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (285 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I stopped paying attention to gamespot reviews after i read their Playstation All-Stars review..
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (273 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

Im sorry but this guys is full off **bleep** and is talking bull **bleep** multiplayer lacks originality ?? im sorry but how can he say that?........ the game has you align to gods who then reward you with powers ,weapons and armor that then suit to the playstyle of said god, you then join another 3 members who then becoem a team opposing another 4 members trying to gain favour with ther god in battle........... (also when do you ever get a MP mode where you kill a giant one eye'd titan?) but yet some how CoD which pretty much just gives you new character and gun modesl rate 9.0???

Oh and MP tacked on??? didnt they redesign the entire combat system of ascention for MP in mind? Did todd papy not say he made sure everyone who worked on ascention have played the MP to then be able to make key changes to the MP for the sake of improving the multiplayer experience?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61lF7xJWO7E

todd papy says even in this video the idea of ascention was to turn this single player game into a multiplayer game so how is god name can anyone say the MP feels tacked on?

Everyone knows games journolism is a joke , Publishers have been known to withhold material and/or advertising money from publications that do not adhere to their wishes (e.g. making the game in question the cover story) or do not show the game in a positive light.

Im going to wait from a review from an actual gamer......

Edit: profanity removed

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I could care less about reviews never cared for them I know the good games from the bad don't need anyone telling me what's good and bad. So guys let's all enjoy Ascension while the reviewers miss out on a great experience.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Lol love how much everyone is defending the game. Anyway I hope you guys are right and he's full of it. My only concern was the audio and it's lack of epicness other than that I'm good. Well now I'm a bit worried about the trial of Archimedes... But I'm sure it won't be too bad
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Mar 7, 2013

If you look down at the comments section, somebody posted all the previous games this guy has reviewed. Kinda funny.

I think a lot of studios do "tack on" an MP to their games these days, and I think that gives a lot of people a certain predisposed opinion about any MP as a consequence. I played the beta, and I don't feel that it's a simple, cheap "tack on." Sure, FoTG and TFoTG are simply reimaginings of DM and TDM, but let's face it, those are generally the most popular modes in any MP. And based on what we've been seeing lately with the different trailers revealing more of the MP, the beta was a ridiculously small tip of the iceberg. I, for one, think the MP is gonna RULE, and I'll likely spend countless hours playing it. The maps look ridiculously off the hook...it's insane. The fact that someone could say that this MP lacks originality is smoking some bad sheeite.

At this point, I will likely fire up the MP before the SP, I'm so derned excited about it. I would like to see whatever they do for the PS4 in the GOW vein be some massive enhancement at MP, because if they make a sequel to the PERFECT trilogy, I will kill someone.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (182 Views)
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
415 posts

Mar 8, 2013

We feel very good, and proud of our Multiplayer. Moments like these you won't find in any other game.

Every reviewer has their subjective opinion, to each their own, the ones we look forward to the most and care passionately about, our simply, our fans.

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (148 Views)