Splicer
70 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.7.12)

Dec 24, 2012
The whole Kratos being her champion thing would make sense if this wasn't a prequel. He's Ares Champion(wether he wants to be or not) in this game.
Message 171 of 185 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 24, 2012
sprint is L3, gmg

There's a tiny bit I noticed (collision) but it deals no damage and is only at the end of throwing an opponent.
Message 172 of 185 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Goldhawk: >L3
Good God. Shooter conventions.

>no damage collisions
Bleh. What of wall collisions? Just for the effect or does it deal minimal (1) damage? Hard to tell, I'm sure.

Ghedorah: >prequel
This isn't set in the time of Captain (free man) or General (Ares Champion/Slave) Kratos. This is the fresh faced Ghost of Sparta looking to break free of Ares.

He is on his way to begin his ten year servitude to the gods (to be rid of the nightmares the Furies are putting on him).

Athena is known to be his patron goddess by the time of CoO (5 years from the start of this game). It's likely she'll have taken him for her own before the end of this game.

>Ares Champion
Rather, a slave. He does not serve the god of war. He cannot be his champion as such. He rebels against his master (inciting the wrath of the Furies even beyond the murder of his family).

Though, technically, he should have **bleep** off Nemesis too in going back on his oath to a god. Athena is set to make a power-play. Ares was always her inferior. This is just another extension of that. He fumbled Kratos in record time.
Message 173 of 185 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.14.12) Now With a Trailer

Dec 24, 2012
I love your idea
Message 174 of 185 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

Thank you, Goldhawk, if you could do me a favor and post my two ideas in the beta forums(credit me of course) seeing as how I cant get in for some stupid reason or another.

---

One thing I haven't thought about is what would her(really players who alligned with her) default weapon be(seeing as how Ares' is the sword, Zues's is the hammer, and I asume Poisideon's is the trident and Hades I don't know.

She or Hades could have a mace(in between the sword and hammer damage and speed wise, shorter range then both), dual wielded swords/chained hooks or blades(fast but weak).

Maybe she could have a staff + mace weapon that has magic and recovery benefits.

Message 175 of 185 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Well, you can bounce off of walls if hit in a certain way that'll make it so you can grapple them again.

There's 2 really, really goddamn annoying wall attacks that you can do. One is the bramble from god of war 3 in free for all. You just randomly get hit into it and it does literally 50% of your entire health bar...and I can't seem to ever knock them into the walls.

And when you get hit against any other wall you'll get stunned where you need to push a button and if you fail you need to shake the analog stick back and forth. If you don't they can grab you (idk how because I've literally never hit anyone into the wall this way) and do 50% of your freaking health bar in damage...

What makes it even more dumb, is even if you're a zeus clas..you know... you don't have much physical prowess.. grabs are still 25% of your health and those annoying wall attacks are still 50% no matter what.
Message 176 of 185 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 25, 2012
posted it for you, king
Message 177 of 185 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

Suggestion- A no partie mode, they can add all the team modes into this playlist. I don't want this games MP to turn out like Uncharted 3. I would imagine this game would be a lot worse to have to play against a full party by yourself.

Message 178 of 185 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Ghedorah: >Poseidon/Hades
>default weapon
Either Hammer or Sword. I'm guess Sword for Poseidon (though Ares should have been Hammer with Zeus as Sword, so mind the nonsense logic behind their calls) and Hammer for Hades. Trident wouldn't be another weapon class.

They can skin a 'sword' to look that way. If they make a 'spear' class (getting the full GoWII 'cast' *we have BH, we just need SoD and BoO*) for all of them, then you can get closer to a (Poseidon) Trident.

>what would Athena have
Not a **bleep** Hammer. She used short swords in the GoW Universe and they gave her a 'Blade of Athena' (much as Artemis had an overly huge weapon in GoW1). I'm guessing she would have Sword as the default.

>chained weapons
Not happening. The only 'chained weapon' in the MP is the WW version of the BoC with t1,t2,t3 as the hit string for physical inputs and the discard seemingly as CoC.

As for switch specials, counters, air attacks, held inputs, etc., that remains to be seen. If it has Olympic Slash, that would be something else considering what they did with it in GoW:A (free 'searing cores').

Though they've not announced the last MP weapon, it's fairly certain they won't make it the 'Kratos' option. With Sword and Hammer covered, it just seems very likely we'll get a Spear next (SoO is classified as a WW reskin of the "Javelin" which isn't the same as a proper spear).

>Mace
>staff
No.

The flavor of her MP armor and other gears would clue into her nature in this entry (support crap is likely with magic/health recovery suspected). As for what sorts of spells to expect out of her...that's hard to say.

The only possession in her name was by RaD in GoS and it just revealed secrets by turning the screen green. Seems more like item territory or even a perk to have even more advanced warning and guidance to chest drops and other such things.

The AB/BoA were her answer to Ares BoC. The flavor change might not exactly reflect her nature though. The parry that was in Hades' name eventually come under her name when it lead to different counters. *GoS again* Athena's Wrath was an evade special (famously bad *when it could have been good*).

In GoWII she did default damage, took a bit more (in exchange for more collision damage *tactical*), had extremely high HP/MP recovery, default RP recovery and increased EXP. In Greek Myth, she was plain better than Ares in all ways (beat his **bleep** with a big rock one time) and often was allowed to borrow the best gear (especially from Daddy Zeus). Aegis (with Medusa's Head mounted on it) and thunderbolts.

In GoW1, her 'Gift' special for the BotG was some flippy almost "Troy" style Achilles (Brad Pitt) move. It was odd. Her real gift had been "Athena's Gift" for MAX BoC (infinite MP during RotG).

One of the conditions for her unlocks was opening favor chests (like some other cases), but another still required something like 10x EXP chest opening (maybe all in the same game). So lots of team assisting outside of combat, but not so much focusing on traps (more Hades thing if they haven't changed their mind about all that).

So we've got counters, evade specials, chest finding, a lot of magic perks (extremely good magic supply) and very good (self) healing. Non-notable damage, slightly lower defense (against physical anyway *likely the opposite for 'elemental'* and properly proficient with elements *if not just having lots of magic reserve/recovery*. That's some idea as the GoW Athena's nature as envisioned by the devs (across multiple games).

Not like they really followed the flavor of 'Ares' for his group (or even with the other gods). Ares Armor was vanilla 200 (as was the 'god armor' for a God of War). Ares himself, as a boss, had loads of HP and dealt big damage, while being somewhat slow short of teleporting. Very tanky.

Did use some interesting magic (AoH like homing fireballs, unblockable palm *one spell in GoW:A is like this*, pillars, fire ball spam, teleport *sort of covered with the harpy bomber they've got him doing*). The BoC can't be considered to have his 'flavor' to them.

He used an axe, hammer (with flamethrower) and sword as his weapons aside from 'back tentacles' (strangely missing as a 'spell' when we've instead got 'going huge' and punching fools with fire aura)

In GoS, Ares had some moves named after him (for the AoS). He wasn't really a ranged chap with a technical mind. As a good of bloodshed, he wasn't in it to win it. Just see carnage and brutality across the battlefield. His nature isn't properly represented in GoW:A's MP version of him, I feel. But then, Poseidon as a 'support'? Heresy.

Goldhawk: >grapple again
We talking a forced infinite here?

>bramble from GoWIII
>bramble
That was the name for the red vines we could burn. You refer to the spiked walls from Herc the Jerk's level.

>50 percent life
The penalty for not minding your surroundings (as with getting rung out). If they let you get hit while against the wall, they could afford to drop that down to 25 percent.

>grabs are still
Grabs are not based on Power % and do not factor with Armor % at all. That's GoW tradition from SP. If the f***ing MP tried to balance itself at the cost of SP (it would not stay separate), I would be furious. *because GoS pulled that and it was a disaster for VH settings*

Non-power % altered weapons/attacks are a GoW staple. When you have low Power, you don't focus on Power % aligned attacks unless there is utility to using them (grouping, control, launch, knockback, etc.). It's common knowledge among vets that you would then change your tactics to such a mindset for moves to knock foes into traps, ring them out, set-up grabs/collisions *the latter is made better by low Armor %*, use magic (most are not Power % related), etc.
Message 179 of 185 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Where did they say that the hammer and sword were the only MP weapons, or how many weapons the MP would have?

I'm glad you have all of the definite answers, do you work for SSM?
Message 180 of 185 (87 Views)
0 Likes