Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Re: God Of War Ascension: What are your biggest worries.

Jul 4, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:
You're slow, Fresh. That game is finished. We've begun PM exchanges regarding suggested runs and such.

As for you, you're free to do the same. I have much to teach you and you've much to learn. We belong together.

This said, you still overly concerned with female models (for costumes)?

Well I want a female skin in God of War Ascension. Yet I am not going to talk about it since it is out of my hands. I mean people have been talking about a female skin for so many years! Also don't let your Ego go down your throat because you might choke on it! I am sure if I need any learning, you wouldn't be the one I take lessons from!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 21 of 27 (396 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

Female skins I believe are unlikely, at least on the MP, as brutal as GoW has been it never have showed females being punch, stabed, riped apart, I believe thats their limit. I mean, even Hera had a crappy dead by falling down (if I remember right)

Message 22 of 27 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jul 4, 2012
^They aren't going to happen. It wasn't just their official word. The reasoning jives with what has always ruled these decisions. To have a decent looking (they care about that) female costume, you need a model designed for it.

Trouble being that new animations are needed for that. Animations replacing pretty much everything Kratos is meant to do. For MP and SP that pretty well rules things out. GoWII got away with it for having been just low enough on the graphics scale that they could rig up an alternate Athena on the Kratos rig.

Fresh: >for many years
GoWII happened. There was a skin. The absolute best person they could have chosen got a skin.

The only way to make the deal sweeter for those that are playing for a cute girl in the role would be to have that **bleep** Aphrodite parade around in the nude while you kill things.

>ego down my throat
>because I might choke on it
What a bad mix of phrases. Care to try that again?

>if
There is no question. You have a great deal of make-up assignments in your future.

>wouldn't be the one you take lessons from
Who else? Do you see any vets around? Real vets. Not some silly regular like the 'golden club' that proved fair weather. (Challenge) Run vets. The folks of TUGOWU and even some of the newer breed at the gow3forums. Some of the regulars at GFAQs GoW boards.

None of them come here. No one but me among the many vets. And even if they did, most are not dedicated teachers of the game. "Just me, baby. Just me." - Ash

Again, PM me and you'll receive your duly deserved lessons.
Message 23 of 27 (386 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Jul 10, 2012

That this marks the beginning of Sony officially milking the series. This game could have been a series changer, but it looks to be more of the same with multiplayer thrown in as a desperate attempt to make things "fresh".

Message 24 of 27 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jul 10, 2012
I only agree to MP being undesirable. I'm quite sure the degree of change you're looking for would be a great blight than the MP itself.
Message 25 of 27 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I agree about MP.  it seems it will be a waste like the competivtive multi in ninja gaiden 3.  That turned out to be nothing but everyone button mashing the attack button and thats it and im worried GoW3 multi will turn out the same.

Message 26 of 27 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I don't imagine Anarchy Reigns (which was by Platinum with the focus almost entirely on MP) has much of a chance of establishing a MP for Action games, much less SCEA with this more casual-minded game. It just won't have staying power.
Message 27 of 27 (305 Views)
0 Likes