Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9668 posts

God of War IV idea

[ Edited ]
35 replies 880 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

This idea is kind of different from the traditional God of War, but I think it would be cool to at least let people know the idea.  

asdf

The story starts out with a reminder of what happened in god of war 3.  Kratos released the power "to the people," kratos died and Athena just walks off free.  

The story then proceeds with the introdcution to other myths.  Such as Roman mythology.  The game would start out as a tale of legend, rather than the way god of war started out by showing you the legend then participating in his current adventure.   The game will start out with a family in Rome taking in the power of the gods that Kratos released in the blade and when he killed all of the gods.  Someone had to restore order to the land right?  Well, this family (which ruins the need to go on and say that this guy gave birth to this guy and he got this power and w/e which would take a long time to explain).  

After the battle of the gods the roman army sends out some troops to search the land around the place where the battle took place.  Kratos is now dead and the troops end up seeing the place where Kratos was put to rest.  One warrior (the new protagonist in the god of war series) walks up and notices the blades of Chaos laying there with chains spread out and the blades not lit up (obviously he doesn't know they should be lit up).  The warrior goes to touch them and the chains wrap around his forearms and attach to his skin much like Kratos had done to him.

In a panic they rush him back to Rome to seek council to these new "gods."  These gods don't currently have a home yet, but wish to enslave others in order to build themselves a kingdom worthy of the gods.  The warrior is brought to a building which resembles some form of political forum and toss him before the gods.  The new protagonist wishes to free himself from the blades that have fastened themselves to his flesh.  The gods wish to put him to a series of tests.  If he is successful, he will be freed from the chains and if not he shall be banished from Rome and never allowed to come back.  

The first task he is to complete is to fight a giant beast.  One of the gods conjure the beast and this is where the player learns how to play with the blades.  It ties in with the story too because this is where the protagonist learns how to deal with the blades as well.  After getting smacked around a little bit the warrior gets serious...he gets angry and the blades of chaos start to glow.  After he defeats the beast the new gods have a few ideas as to what to do with him.

He is later sent off to fight the enemies of Rome.  He participates in a few battles and later on in the game ends up getting overwhelmed and almost killed.  He looks up to the sky and begs the gods for assistance.  Nothing happens.  Tears flood his eyes and blood flows from his mouth and he looks up into the sky one more time and screams out to the gods and nothing happens.  Just as the protagonist is about to die reinforcements show up and save his life.  

This is when the new protagonist realizes that the gods are no more than selfish false prophets who are abusing these abilities that they stumbled upon and wishes to put an end to the gods.  

On his quest to find warriors capable of helping him tear down the walls of Rome to get to these false gods he runs into a titan who tells him that there are a few left and that they would help the human kill these new gods as long as he could prove his faith to the titans.

Edit:

For got to add...

The new roman gods are being influenced by Athena's ghost form. She's telling them how to use it and manipulating the gods to command people as the way she would if she was in a physical form.

Of course, this new story would cover 3 games just like Kratos's story and have a lot more depth than what I portrayed.  What do you think?  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (880 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: God of War IV idea

Jan 16, 2013

I had one idea, very similar to this. But it start when someone is telling the legend of Kratos to a group of soldiers(his life and all he have done, also were he dies). After the narrator stops, the guy decide to go were the ghost of sparta dies(:smileysad:) and just stays there, maybe imagine what could have happened, and suddenly a blue wave start comming for him, and when the blue wave touch him he start seen vision of kratos. After the visions the soldier starts acquiring new abbilitties and when he got what is needed to take down a god, he sees the vision of kratos with his family just telling him that the gods of this new era are corrupt to mortals, and he's giving you his abbilities because he has seen him fight and actually he is a descendant of kratos(he have sex with lots of irls) and kratos' blood running through his veins. 

It have a lot of things to add and improve but it's a great idea.  

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (857 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 16, 2013
oh **bleep**, I completely forgot to add a part to the OP!

The new roman gods are being influenced by Athena's ghost form. She's telling them how to use it and manipulating the gods to command people as the way she would if she was in a physical form.

Great idea alacarpa, thanks for responding!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (848 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5452 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Sounds like somebody is asking for it. Very well. I'll make time. Only...later. I've got business to attend.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Well, we will have a lot of pages. I've seen post where goldhawk and GMG post ideas, and they're great, hope you come out with some cool ideas.

Goldhawk that what you said was awesome(Athenas influence), very good way to make her come back from GoW 3

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (839 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I'm not expecting very many people to enjoy the idea. It's hard to explain exactly what I'm visualizing but I feel this would be a cool refresher and would allow GoW to continue without being too "needy" for a new story.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Hmm i like it. I was hoping we can get maybe some actual champions like da prince of troy or ya know known faces around that period involved but so far i like where its going :smileyhappy:

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 16, 2013

KING_PARKER_TSK wrote:

Hmm i like it. I was hoping we can get maybe some actual champions like da prince of troy or ya know known faces around that period involved but so far i like where its going :smileyhappy:

Thanks!  Obviously I didn't put much effort into it.  I mean, if I was actually making the game or something it'd be detailed out the arse but it's just something I'm throwing out there.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (829 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Cool idea, but i would prefer Egyptian gods and a badass female protagonist.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 17, 2013

DeathLocus wrote:

Cool idea, but i would prefer Egyptian gods and a badass female protagonist.

Yeah, I imagine they could use a lot of different mythologies much like David Jaffe wanted to use to end god of war 3.  

I never specified on a protagonist because idk any good names really haha but a female warrior would KINDA be cool.  I'd prefer seeing another dood running around.  (Yes I spelled it wrong on purpose)

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (710 Views)
0 Likes