Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Re: God of War IV idea

Jan 17, 2013
OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!! <---is my reation to your idea for a god of War 4....*Bangs head against wall*...YES!!!!

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 18, 2013
*slips you $20*

Thanks for finally reading my post :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Anyone else wish to comment?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well, it is good, but it would be even better if Kratos' long lost son discovered his dead body, and that would be the new protagonist. He sees all the visions for some reason and he wants to not make the same mistakes as Kratos. But of course something tragic would need to happen to someone to make it more interesting. And you can go on from there :smileyhappy:

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 24, 2013

disturbeddude101 wrote:

Well, it is good, but it would be even better if Kratos' long lost son discovered his dead body, and that would be the new protagonist. He sees all the visions for some reason and he wants to not make the same mistakes as Kratos. But of course something tragic would need to happen to someone to make it more interesting. And you can go on from there :smileyhappy:

The idea behind the story is that people don't know how to contorl this new found power.  Like when the blades of chaos are first attached to the new protagonist, a long section of the game about how the blades are so demonic and require blood to "feed" the blades like they require you to kill.  The portagonist has to learn how to cope iwth this or get them off of his body.

Then you (the player) realize that the gods are no different from what the greek gods were like.  When they use the chain-blade warrior to win their battles for them and put him up to challenges to see if they can abuse his power without getting their hands dirty.

This sets up the whole "I need to kill all of the gods" feeling that we had in 3.  Because you realize that these gods are "evil" and are just using people to do their own bidding.  Manipulating people and power to have the world in the palm of their hands.  

I think it'd be a good idea to kind of stray away from the original series, but keep certain elements so it feels like you're playing a new IP...but it's also GoW.  

I feel GoW would be much more appreciated with a stronger and more emotional/diverse story than it has now where Kratos runs around being mad at everyone all the time....though essentially the character would be doing the same in GoW IV.  It would allow for a much more aggressive expansion on characters personalities within the god of war universe.  

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I will say lest first do a remake of Gow 1 and 2 i mean a remake not a remaster i think the story could be allitle bit better done same whit combat i think more can be done
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (168 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Galibis, I feel if they were to spend more time on God of War, it wouldn't be to completely remake the series...unless of course if they went down another route like this.

Hell, god of war IV could easily be a "DMC: devil may cry" and totally reboot the series but with a different protagonist and mythology.

It would be cool to see them redo those games, but I honestly think they wouldn't be as good. I loved god of war 1 for the story and the more the series went on it went from story to just straight up action throwing story out the window. I wouldn't want GoW 1 to be like that lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I like the idea of starting from a differnet mythology each protagonist this way it could go on all the way up to are time with God and everyone  then it could finally end with the AGE OF MAN. tumblr_m2q1ocx6rU1qdc8j6o1_500.gif

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I like the creativity of the idea and how you want to preserve that feeling of "i need to kill all the gods". Like i really do love the idea but not for God of War. I cannot accept a God of War without Kratos. Plus i'm not a fan of delving into other sets of Gods. I just made a post of my idea and honestly yours seems so much more real and thought out but again God of War needs Kratos. But seriously good job!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 26, 2013

SilverFoxLegacy wrote:

I like the creativity of the idea and how you want to preserve that feeling of "i need to kill all the gods". Like i really do love the idea but not for God of War. I cannot accept a God of War without Kratos. Plus i'm not a fan of delving into other sets of Gods. I just made a post of my idea and honestly yours seems so much more real and thought out but again God of War needs Kratos. But seriously good job!

Meh, I didn't put too much thought into it :smileytongue: just thought of it one night laying in bed and I was like "I gotta type this tomorrow" 

But I got the idea from David Jaffe, he had an idea much like this and it'd be cool to be able to use that to extend the god of war franchise. 

I like Kratos too but they have to give that guy a rest.  They've stretched out his story so much and honestly Ascension seems to be way, way too much.  I feel making a god of war 4 with more Kratos killing **bleep** would be too much.

Then again, it'd make it a bit easier for the story, say same thing that I mentioned except Kratos is washed up onto the shore years later or someone finds his body and Kratos tries to go after the new gods and kill Athena as well...but has to figure out what the **bleep** she is... 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (145 Views)
0 Likes