Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: m0usju1c3 Splicer 51 posts

I LOVE this game! 9/10

17 replies 227 views Edited Mar 14, 2013
Have been a fanatic since GoW1 on ps2 with GoW2 being my absolute favorite because of the best compelling story & sheer captivating experience. GoW3 was a dissapointment for me as the story lacked that motivating need to finish the game it felt very bland compared to 2, ending was horrible too. Ascension however came smashing through with flying colours, the revamped combat system is so versatile and free flowing that Kratos doesn't ever stop, racking up crazy combo counters and fillling the screen with chaos. The story had me right from the beginning, I really enjoyed the style of which the story was told (flashbacks etc). So much more compelling than GoW3. Ascension easily comes 2nd in the series after GoW2 for me and has completely satisfied me after a sort of letdown from GoW3. I read alot of reviews and threads on this forum and am so surprised at the reaction...are there others who share my thoughts / opinion?

My only complaint really is that 5.1 nor Dolby Pro Logic 2 is activating on my surround system. Other games including 3 have 5.1/Pro Logic but not Ascension for some reason. I'll be making a thread in the technical section shortly.

Overall, I am very satisfied and my expectations have been met & passed.
Message 1 of 18 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Re: I LOVE this game! 9/10

Mar 14, 2013
there we go a positive post about the game :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 18 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 14, 2013

God of War 3 was the best God of War. This one was the worst. I'm a very big fan of God of War and this one is just a disgrace. My opnion though! :smileytongue: 

Glad someone on the forums enjoyed the game! :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 18 (216 Views)
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

I totally agree about the story in 2 and 3. I don't know why so many people seem to like the story in GoW3 so much. Maybe GoW3 was the first/only one they've played. Can't really say about the story in Ascension as I haven't gotten my copy in the mail yet, but the demo was great.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 4 of 18 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 14, 2013
each has their own opinion ofc i think gow 1 is still the best gow

Message 5 of 18 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Breath of fresh air to see someone say positive things about the game :smileyvery-happy:
Message 6 of 18 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Haven't beaten it yet, but from what I played it is the remarkable GoW experience I know and love. Glad to see some positive feedback, I thought I was the only one! GoW 2 is probably my favorite too, by a small margin though because all of the games were great imo.

Message 7 of 18 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Mar 14, 2013
GoW2 just set the bar for me an unforgettable experience! A feeling which Ascension brought back. Vampire_Damian said it perfectly in another thread:
"I don't see how the story could possibly be worse than that of God of War 3. Stig Asmussen's last-minute rewrite of GoW3 was abysmal IMO. The mysterious disappearance of Zeus' throne room which was shown at the end of GoW2, sending us after Pandora's Box again, the unexplained design changes to Pandora's Box, the insignificance of the Titans, Athena's ulterior motives, the anti-climactic ending, the false promise of another Titan fight and an epilogue for DLC, the various erroneous references to Hades as Hell (a term invented by the Christians, who did not yet exist in God of War), the artsy cutscenes, making Kratos the embodiment of hope instead of death and the altogether terrible writing...I really don't see how it could be worse than that. I would actually prefer they remake GoW3 before making GoW4...if they ever even do make a GoW4 that is."
Message 8 of 18 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Interesting.

God of War 2 is my favorite as well. Although, in my opinion, GoW 1 presented the story the best, whereas in 2, the story was the driving force of the game. In 3, the story was a bit muddled. The themes at the beginning of the game differ radically from the resolution (as pointed out by Vamp).

I hope that, because we share similar tastes, I too will enjoy the game when I get it next week. All the negativity on this forum was really starting to discourage me.
Message 9 of 18 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I think GoW1 was my 2nd favorite overall and it could've been as good as 2 if they'd had more time and money. I remember seeing a few behind-the-scenes videos where they said they had to cut alot of things and they didn't get a chance to polish it as well as they would've liked. For example, there was a cut boss that was supposed to be in the same room as Pandora's Box. Icarus Wings were originally going to be in the first one, there was even a cut level where you had to use the wings. The beam walking, O-mashing and red orb pickup distance could've used some work too IMO, as well as some other minor technical issues. I guess most games unfortunately end up getting some stuff cut though.

The PSP games were pretty good too though, especially considering they were made for the PSP which probably has alot more technical limitations than the PS3. They helped flesh Kratos out abit. I preferred GoS to CoO mainly because it explained his dramatic attitude shift between 1 and 2. CoO was largely uneventful until the end and I was disappointed we never ran into Morpheus.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 10 of 18 (152 Views)
0 Likes