Jan 16 2013
By: Rafa_psc I Only Post Everything 973 posts

Important armor's design suggestion

[ Edited ]
9 replies 148 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Well... I noticed that we are able to use gladiators armor in this game, but the problem is: There were NO gladiators in Greece. It is a very good armor but I consider it a huge mistake. Please remove gladiators armor and add another that has the same stats and a cool Greek design.

Sages armor is another very good and useful armor, I think it has great stats, but it looks very bad... All armor look great and I just don't want to use sages armor because it doesn't look cool, especially the helmet which makes me look kinda dumb. Please, give sages armor a better looking, it just looks awful compared to the other armor.

EDIT:

I will use a reply I received about the gladiators armor and my answer as an example of what I'm trying to say:

derekg123_ wrote:

There also wasnt any Scorpion Armor..... If you want things to be historically correct then there would only be like 1 armor type. People back then had whatever the smith provided them with..... Like copper or bronze and that was it.. You know what..... As long as we are being historically accurate.... Lets get rid of cyclopses and minotaurs too... Then I can play God of War on my Atari  :smileyvery-happy:

Can someone please tell me why skin color matters?  NBA 2k13 doesnt let you turn Lebron into a white guy.... This should be no different....

Scorpion armor isn't linked to any historical fact, it only existis in the game, part of the fantasy. The Gladiator armor is different, it belongs to a part of history. I'm not saying that armors or weapons in the game have to be exactly like they were in Greece, none of them are. Gladiator armor is the only that really existed, belongs to a different time and it is not Greek. I belive introducing this to the game is a big mistake.

And please, this is not about skin color.

signature.jpg

Message 1 of 10 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Re: Important armor's design suggestion

Jan 16, 2013
there where no albinos white man in greece plz remove the character model to a more darker tan
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 2 of 10 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Galibis wrote:
there where no albinos white man in greece plz remove the character model to a more darker tan

Here we go again...

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 16, 2013

There also wasnt any Scorpion Armor..... If you want things to be historically correct then there would only be like 1 armor type. People back then had whatever the smith provided them with..... Like copper or bronze and that was it.. You know what..... As long as we are being historically accurate.... Lets get rid of cyclopses and minotaurs too... Then I can play God of War on my Atari  Smiley Very Happy

Can someone please tell me why skin color matters?  NBA 2k13 doesnt let you turn Lebron into a white guy.... This should be no different....

Message 4 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

derekg123_ wrote:

There also wasnt any Scorpion Armor..... If you want things to be historically correct then there would only be like 1 armor type. People back then had whatever the smith provided them with..... Like copper or bronze and that was it.. You know what..... As long as we are being historically accurate.... Lets get rid of cyclopses and minotaurs too... Then I can play God of War on my Atari  Smiley Very Happy

It isn't a MUST, it'd just be cool to have that choice.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 10 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5765 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Gal: >not starting with capitals
>not finishing with punctuation
>2013

Dave: You like it.
Message 6 of 10 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

derekg123_ wrote:

Sorry, but scorpion armor isn't linked to any historical fact, it only existis in the game, part of the fantasy. The Gladiator armor is different, it belongs to a part of history. I'm not saying that armors or weapons in the game have to be exactly like they were in Greece, none of them are. Gladiator armor is the only that really existed, belongs to a different time and it is not Greek. I belive introducing this to the game is a big mistake.

And please, this is not about skin color.

signature.jpg

Message 7 of 10 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5765 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Seems Rafa has this covered.
Message 8 of 10 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 17, 2013
derek cuz we not talking about a person we talking about a **bleep** race who where not and i will say it one more time where NOT WHITE OR BLACK THEY WHERE FREAKING TAN DARK TANK OR MEDIUM TAN YES hate all you want they look allot like the people we love so much the People from Iran Skin color wise the people you see now on greece are a white race of people cuz of ROME invasion wish in turn turn allot of them white cuz allot of the real spartans where kill the man all the was left was woman and boys who marry white girls from rome same for the womans they marryh white boys from rome
But then again this game is base on the times of spartans and freaking gods wish mean THE REAL SPARTANS WHERE FREAKING TAN IN COLOR AND LAST TIME I CHECK THES WHAT YOU WHITES GO TO A BEACH IN ORDER TO GET BUT GUESS WHAT YOU CANT GET IT CUZ YOU WHITE WISH IS WHY YOU TURN RED SPARTANS ON THE OTHER HAND WILL HAVE GONE FROM A LIGHT TAN TO A DARK TAN IF THEY WHERE ON A HOT PLACE SOMETHING YOU GUYS CANT DO SO YES THEY WHERE NOT WHITE now thes historical faqs then again you my say well this is a GAME wish if you do i will say then shut your mouth
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5765 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Rafa: To expand:

>not Greek
True. But then, this version of the geography is entirely different from our own. Their very Earth is not ours. I agree about it being in poor taste, but in popular culture, many don't really care or understand the differences between Romans and Greeks. Certainly not the audience targeted.

>not about skin color
Or gender.

Galpal: >not using capitals properly
>forgetting proper punctuation
>flaming
You have much to learn, boy.

>talking about a race
Just you, old friend. Just you. Your preoccupation with it is noted. You some sort of bigot or something?

>based on
A pop culture version of a fantastic (mythological) telling of Ancient Greece flavored with 'classic' movies like 'Clash', 'The Argonauts', 'Indiana Jones', etc. These things besides the taste of the creative director of the original (Jaffe's vision).

>were tan
Only Kratos is like this and only in GoW1 (GoWII via costume). They don't even do that right when the ashes come off in CoO (or the flashbacks of GoS).

In their world, there doesn't seem to be any such people of dark skin. Not even the Persians (CoO). But then, there was Artemis (actually seemed African in features). Odds are she will get a new appearance as with Aphrodite, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Ares, etc.

Not that any of it matters too much.

>this is a game
And look how you behave while discussing it. So very enthusiastic (but misguided).
Message 10 of 10 (88 Views)
0 Likes