Apr 10 2013
By: harrypotel First Son 1 posts

Powers changes on Trial of Archimedes without touching the D-Pad

3 replies 108 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

Hi all, I'm playing God of War Ascension in normal mode, single-player. I've reached the infamous Trial of Archimedes, and all of the sudden the powers or elements keep changing at random without me touching the D-Pad at all. This is making this even more difficult, because I've played most of the game with Fire and I have that one topped with red orbs, the constant switch prevents me to use heavy attacks because I don't k now what's going to happen.

The obvious answer is that my joystick is broken, but I've turned it off and switched to another one and it keeps happening. This didn't happening at all for all the duration of the game, only started happening in the Trial of Archimedes, i thought this was by design but I've saw YouTube videos where this is clearly not the case.

Could you please help me solve this?

Regards!

Message 1 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Powers changes on Trial of Archimedes without touching the D-Pad

Apr 10, 2013
Hmmm this is the first time I have heard of this.. I beat it a while back. Either its a new thin they have added (I doubt this) or ... Well, make sure that your D pad on both controllers are not sticking in any direction.. Go back and play a separate area with the controller that this is happening with and see if it happens there! If it doesn't then I don't know what to tell you. I am gonna play through the trial later and see if this happens to me. Personally I would like it if they made it like this.. Would add some difficulty back to the trial! (Very little but some!)
Message 2 of 4 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Does it let you switch to fire again once it switches away from fire? If so then it is a glitch with your controller or the game.. If it is by design they wouldn't give u control over switching elements period.
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I had this occur at a different part of my game and it continued to occur, this is definitely a controller glitch, the best thing to do is plug your controller in and reset it, this is done by pressing the very tiny button embedded in your controller on the under side just to the inside of the left "handle" give it a minute to resynch and then you'll be good to go

Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)
0 Likes