Mar 15 2013
By: gow3isba First Son 7 posts

Rage meter= Dumbest thing in God of War EVER

[ Edited ]
75 replies 4129 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

Yea. I said it. It's the dumbest idea I have ever seen in any God of War game. What kind of Rage Meter is this? This has got to be a joke right? 

Okay so I can't use the full potential of my upgraded Blades of Choas til that dumb thing is filled? PLUS if I get struck once by a mob it sinks? Whoever thought of this new idea deserves to be banished to the Pits of Hades! The person who thought of this should just jump off a really tall tower and shoot himself in the brains while falling down. This has got to be the DUMBEST thing in God of War! I've been a fan of the franchise since 2008! Coming from a long time fan I think this is the dumbest God of War up to date. Not even close to a master piece at all!

This is the kind of idiot these people have to direct a game like God of War Ascension.... What has this world come to?

https://twitter.com/ToddPapy

Message 1 of 76 (4,129 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
84 posts

Re: Rage meter= Dumbest thing in God of War EVER

Mar 15, 2013
I agree, this and the new parry are probably the worst changes they've made to the combat system in God of War history
Message 2 of 76 (4,105 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, the whole rage meter mechanic is really dumb, and it kinda ruins the gameplay, as combat becomes pretty limited and mundane. 

Let's just give it a good ol' Spartan kick into a bottomless pit. 

Message 3 of 76 (4,075 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

It's not like all your upgrades are tied to Rage though; just the "full" potential, which is more than the other games ever had in the first place.  If you could use them all the time just think of how easy and overpowered you'd be.  Why so many complains about combat requiring some finesse now to fully power up and maintain it?  I've been having a blast being able to build up and use my Rage for practically every decent sized fight.  It's far more engaging than 1-3's/handhelds' rigid implementations having to save it just for one small part of a fight ever few chapters. 

Message 4 of 76 (4,052 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Rage meter needs to go. Sound issues need to be fixed. Santa Monica hasn't even said a word regarding all of this. It's just making them look pathetic really..
Message 5 of 76 (4,030 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I agreement the rage meter blows. Who wants their combos to be locked off till that stupid meter is full? That's what ruined the game to me. I absolutely hate parrying as well. I don't block in this game, I find myself just evading, trying to dodge attacks.
Deadly force is authorized!
He he he.... That's all I needed to hear.
LIVE FOR JESUS, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!
Message 6 of 76 (3,995 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Ahh yes, I forgot about the sound. That messes up a lot also. They should ATLEAST do an update where it's either easier to fill the rage meter, or it takes off less when you get hit.
Deadly force is authorized!
He he he.... That's all I needed to hear.
LIVE FOR JESUS, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!
Message 7 of 76 (3,992 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I don't see a problem with the meter at all, but it's hard as hell to maintain when you got 8 goat warriors drop kicking you to Hell and back.
Message 8 of 76 (3,966 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I'm sorry, I'm used to playing God of War. Not something that I can go to the bathroom and sit on the toilet and make myself. 

It's stupid I don't upgrade the stupid blades just to be doing the same moves. It's dumb you shouldn't have to fill up a rage meter. Plus you loose your rage attack and the Parry system is horrible too so it's harder to not get hit... I hate it... You just can't make this big of a change on a game that's been out since 05. It doesn't work like that.

Message 9 of 76 (3,938 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

How about you learn how to not get hit?

Rage/Full potential is for those who can maintain it, if you cant then maybe you should play the game on easy.

The only things you get from rage are 1 or 2 simple triangle combos that don't really do anything but added damage, you aren't getting any show stoppers.

The L3 + R3 special can be done the second you get rage, so if that's all you're worried about DON'T GET HIT.

This shouldn't be a problem if you actually know how to play the game correctly.

Blocking and parrying correctly also helps.

This rage system is perfect, challenge for reward. If you can get through the challenge of landing combos while not getting hit then you get rewarded higher damage and a special move to finish off your foes.

Message 10 of 76 (3,057 Views)
0 Likes