Mar 07 2013
By: olajuwon Splicer 74 posts

Review of the Reviewer

13 replies 390 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

Reasons for point reduction

Multiplayer not solid:  Reasonable argument

Kinder Kratos:  Really? Who were the people saying that he was too one dimensional and he did was scream, shout, and kill?

Few new mechanics: In my opinion if its not broke then why try to fix it!

Lack of big scale Titan gameplay: If I am not mistaken the titans don't even come into play until GOW 2 and a little bit of Chains of Olympus.

Reviewer Review

5/10       Average

Link to the full review http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393313/reviews/god-of-war-ascension-review-slick-brutal-but-a-s...

To me all this implies is that the game is very good.

review.png

Message 1 of 14 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Review of the Reviewer

Mar 7, 2013

The scores are surprisingly low (I mean the ones below the 8 range). Some say the MP is a bust (GameSpot) while others are praising it. A lot of mixed.

Message 2 of 14 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Mar 7, 2013

One thing that people need to understand is that the story in this game could have never stood up to the likes of GOW 3 OR GOW 2. Seriously I feel that everyone expected a Poseidon like boss fight at the beginning of the game, or a Kronos one somewhere in the game. This is a prequel meaning Kratos isn't as strong or as skilled as be will be later on. The start of the game to me was amazing and the fight with the hand of the hecatronchries was sick, yeah it wasn't on the scale of the Poseidon battle but I don't expect to be. Remember people he's only a man now and will be a god later.

Message 3 of 14 (350 Views)
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Mar 7, 2013
The real reason the reviews are a bit harsh is probably because nobody asked for Ascension.

Nobody wanted a prequel before everything else in this sense. The core fans didnt want multiplayer (I did though, I admit :smileytongue: and I am hyped for it).
Message 4 of 14 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 7, 2013

im just perplexed as to how they said MP is abit dull :smileysad: i didnt play beta but everyone said it was fantastic just watched the gamespot review and mark walton didnt rate it much ....

Message 5 of 14 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 7, 2013
The mp beta was amazing, addicting as sh**. I really can't explain those bad MP reviews.
Message 6 of 14 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 7, 2013

if you look at the mp portion and how he calls it 'button mashing' and more like a 'lottery' i dont see him once use a parryin attack .....or any other attack than just slashing...... ofc its going to be button mashing game if all your doin is...button mashing!!  .....you cant expect to grasp a MP experience in only a few hours or a day it takes hours and hours!

i know im being a little defensive of GOWA but a game is what you make of it ...if all you do is button bash...then im sorry your not going to get much out of it....

Message 7 of 14 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Cbreeze you hit it on the spot
Message 8 of 14 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Mar 8, 2013
CBreeze to correct you ....HE IS ALWAYS A DEMIGOD AND NEVER TRULY "JUST A MAN". He is the son of Zues . He is never just an average man. The skillset is obviously not a polished as in the later entries, but how would he be able to hold up a giant tentacle being "just a man". Just clarifying
Message 9 of 14 (228 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
415 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Mar 8, 2013

Everyone having fun here? Whose pumped for Ascension?!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey guys, I am alive, just been working intensely behind the scenes in preperation for launch day and figurd i'd let you guys roll on.

I have a new tag-team partner starting next week, expect the madness.

With love,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 10 of 14 (220 Views)
0 Likes