Highlighted
Apr 06 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1355 posts

SP DLC support thread

[ Edited ]
12 replies 393 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

Just thought I would make this thread where ppl could show their support for the idea of single player DLC being developed for Ascension. There have been comments here and there on other topics in favor of this, especially since MP seems to be getting plenty of DLC. A couple of threads have also been started with suggestions for what the DLC could incorporate (links listed below).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-General/ASCENSION-SPOILERS-Possible-Sing...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-General/Idea-for-SP-DLC-featuring-Artemi...

Just thought if there was enough support for this thread, it could potentially motivate SSM to consider expanding the SP experience. Wishful thinking I know, but it's worth a try. If this sounds good to you, show your support here. Strength in numbers.

spartan army.jpg

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 1 of 13 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: SP DLC support thread

Apr 6, 2013

id like it, kinda if they added a battle areana and see how long you live. and add some sort of challenges back alot

Message 2 of 13 (362 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Apr 6, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

Just thought I would make this thread where ppl could show their support for the idea of single player DLC being developed for Ascension. There have been comments here and there on other topics in favor of this, especially since MP seems to be getting plenty of DLC. A couple of threads have also been started with suggestions for what the DLC could incorporate (links listed below).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-General/ASCENSION-SPOILERS-Possible-Sing...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-General/Idea-for-SP-DLC-featuring-Artemi...

Just thought if there was enough support for this thread, it could potentially motivate SSM to consider expanding the SP experience. Wishful thinking I know, but it's worth a try. If this sounds good to you, show your support here. Strength in numbers.

Don't count on it.  On the blog for the 1.04 update, the Developer responding said that they have no plans to produce SP DLC for this game.  (It's answered in question #38).  They are 100% committed to MP and have know proven that the devs are just like all the other little sheep who flock to whatever the "hottest" thing is while completely ignoring what got them to where they are. NONE of them would have jobs if the God of War Series never had a great SP campaign that all of us have come to know and love.  Yet, SP is completely ignored in order to pander to the MP Sheep.  I'm done with SSM, and I think a LOT of other people are.  I just wish I had waited until this game went to the $5 bargain bin as I'm sure it will be there soon once everybody gets bored with the MP and realizes that there basically is no SP in this game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/04/god-of-war-ascension-update-brings-new-features-and-fixes/...

Message 3 of 13 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

@Jdurg

I took a look at the comments section of the blog. When one person asked "Will there be any single player DLC?" the developer responded "Not at this time, we are focused on multiplayer." Not sure if this could mean currently DLC will just be geared toward MP... but they could return to the idea of SP DLC later on depending if there's interest for it. Yeah I know it's reading between the lines and they didn't directly state that... but they also didn't explicitly state there will never be SP DLC. All we can do is hope I suppose...

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 4 of 13 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

I'll be extremely pi$$ed if they don't put out any SP DLC. I didn't buy this game for the MP. Not to mention the fact that since it's online only MP, it'll eventually be completely useless because either next to nobody will hardly ever play it anymore or they'll stop supporting the game and take down the servers.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 5 of 13 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

I'm done with SSM. Lost all faith in them.

Half assed campaign and a crappy unbalanced mp. The campaign is what makes god of war, not the multiplayer. It felt like a massive slap in the face to all of us.

the campaign honestly felt like an afterthought. It was medicore and could of easily been a vita or psp game.

selling the game this week.

Message 6 of 13 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Not sure why so many think the SP sucked for whatever reason.. I liked this GoW alot I would have to put it 2nd to GoW 2 and GOW 3 would come in 3rd.. The graphics were amazing.. The story was short but quality in my opinion... Yeah they could've shown alot more.. But the game did not end where chains of Olympus begins so ... With all of that said there is room for DLC or additional chapters although I would love to see it happen I don't think it will... But I am definitely in favor of this... Oh and .. Mp is not unbalanced that badly and it is super fun.. I can see people playing this mp way after ps4 comes out .. I will be! Especially if they continue to add content and support it. I don't understand why everyone is complaining about SP though... I really don't.. I am a hardcore gow fan.. Have played them all on hardest difficulty and beaten them ( platinumed all other gow titles) both of these facts apply to the psp ones as well.. And this is one of the best ones ever in my opinion.. The only thing that I wish they would have done is left parry how it was in single player for all other gow's!!

But YES!! Show us how he ends up fighting the Persians at the beginning of COO with like 10 more chapters!!
Message 7 of 13 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Apr 8, 2013

CJ_SPARTA wrote:

I'm done with SSM. Lost all faith in them.

Half assed campaign and a crappy unbalanced mp. The campaign is what makes god of war, not the multiplayer. It felt like a massive slap in the face to all of us.

the campaign honestly felt like an afterthought. It was medicore and could of easily been a vita or psp game.

selling the game this week.

Next up is God of Duty: Spartan Ops for the PS4.

But yeah, this game is an epic fail. I can't play a single chapter of the single player campaign without feeling terribly bored. Every other God of War game I was able to complete multiple times and STILL enjoy it, but Ascension burnt me out before I had even finished it once.

Only GoW game to get a "When is this s*** gonna end?" response from me. And it wasn't even a long game, well, it kind of was in the sense that it felt like a chore to grind though.

Definitely a prime candidate for a trade-in if I ever saw one.

Message 8 of 13 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

@Crackle2012 - If you're interested, it shouldn't be too hard to find explanations of why so many people disliked the SP in this game if you search the forums. There's many explanations in various threads and some are pretty detailed. It didn't seem any shorter than the trilogy installments for me and it was longer than both PSP games put together.

I could elaborate but the short version of my problems with SP would be mostly story related. The story seemed largely hollow, bland, contradictory, misleading, cheap and lazy. There was too many non-combat sections and even when there was an occasional fight, there was very little variety among enemies. Almost everybody seems to be in agreement that the parry is less than useless.

I think there's a chance that they could still salvage it with good enough SP DLC, but I'm not getting my hopes up, at least not at this point.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 9 of 13 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Sp DLC is never a good idea
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 10 of 13 (242 Views)