Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2013
By: SteampunkRuin Lombax Warrior 244 posts

So a couple of design questions for Just-Tank or anyone at Sony Santa Monica

6 replies 172 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Let me just start off by saying it looks great, but there is a few things I'm wondering about design wise.

1. I noticed the climbing speed seem to be faster which is great, I also noticed however that the shimmying along the wall and the hand by hand traversing he does while hanging seems to be the same speed, why increse one and not the others? I like the traversal parts but going so slow on some points is annoying.

2. You made the red chest so that Kratos just breaks the top off, which I like and seems to save time. Again, why did you not do this with the green chest also? I would have preferd it to the current animations we have for the green chests.

3. Is there anyway you could change the color of the on-screen prompts? The yellow you have now is ugly and annoying, but that might just be me.

Well thats all from me, othere than these the game is looking awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5372 posts

Re: So a couple of design questions for Just-Tank or anyone at Sony Santa Monica

Feb 4, 2013
>traversal
Enslaved nonsense.

>EXP chests smash open
>others don't
Obviously there is a need for tension during a fight. You want a refill, better be ready to make an opening and risk a hit. How casual do you want this series to stoop to?

>color change
You're that bothered by it?

>other than this
No mention of other issues?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Re: So a couple of design questions for Just-Tank or anyone at Sony Santa Monica

Feb 5, 2013
Only ones that sprung to mind from the demo, and yes it bothers me, it's grating. Guess that makes sense, but I've never refilled during fight. That seems more casual to me than just sticking the fight out then refilling.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I don't see them addressing these, to be honest. If I was them I'd be working my a** off to get character customization and balancing right.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Yea, I was just wondering about these things. They're not game breakers for me, just little things that seemed odd after hearing some of the things that they said.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I know what you mean about the HUD colour, though. I can barely tell when my L1+Square/Triangles are ready...

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5372 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Ruin: >never refilled during a fight
You haven't been under pressure in higher level fights.

>more casual
Using them at all, right? That's what PAIN+ is for, son.

Davie Boy: >won't be addressing SP concerns
Sounds about right.

>would focus on MP
Heresy.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes