Jan 19 2013
By: Flint_Prophet Wastelander 672 posts

Strategy guide? Collector's edition strategy guide?

8 replies 384 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

Will there be a strategy guide for GOWA? 

I have to admit, I'm a dirty hooker for the hardcover collector's editions, and would LOVE to see one of those for GOWA.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Re: Strategy guide? Collector's edition strategy guide?

Jan 19, 2013
Probably. As for a CE, I don't know about all that. Maybe. It is something they've done before. They're pretty terrible for tactics. Decent chest coverage. Myth info is passable. A bit of interviews and concept art is nice. Really though, the value comes from the bestiary/costumes and weapons/spells sections. The latter should also cover difficulties. I love values and percentiles. The more the better. Saves me work when time comes to test these things. I don't like when they don't do at least that much for me (CoO and GoS **bleep** me off).
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 4, 2013

It is all about collecting the guides.  Why would they not have a strategy guide for this game?  Seems like a very stupid decision both for the fans and their business!!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 4, 2013

They usually come out the day of release

BLKPRNC
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Lance: >collecting guides
More purpose for them is not 'collection'. I want percentiles, values, official names, etc. Their stupid online guide talk is of something even more inferior than the offerings of Brady or Prima (not coming close to FuturePress) while being transient (it will not stay there for more than two years, I'd wager).

>why not have a strategy guide
Maybe it's that braindead compared to the rest? Jokes aside, I couldn't tell you. It doesn't make much sense even with what they've done to SP. Perhaps they didn't want to deal with a MP section for it (that would have ever-changing info anyway). Really though, guides aren't meant for MP and I've seen them go at it.

Purple Rain: >day of release
Yes, but it seems these lads are fretting about the prospect of that not happening (indeed, some online version being used instead).
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I hope they do come out with one day of release was planning on buying it for all of the chest info and for the layouts of the multiplayer maps and the info for all of the online magic/weapons/armor/relics.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Mar 5, 2013
When GoW III came out, I picked up the hardcover collector's edition strategy guide as I liked the artwork in it, the "heft" it had, and just the overall look. Kind of wish they had come out with a similar style collector's edition guide for the HD Collection and the Origins Collection, as well as for Ascension. Oh well.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I'd pay good money for a nice hardcover Futurepress guide.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Fandango: >for chest info
FAQs and videos do it better. I'd be more concerned about values/percentiles being that only I test for that and use the information.

>MP junk
Come now.

Durg: >heft
I'd prefer more actual content like FuturePress work.

Ram: >FuturePress
You said the magic words. Of course, last time they made one it was two years late and mostly copied what the vets already knew. Even still, I'd like to have it.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes