May 04 2013
By: KB-SoleSurvivor Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

The Hammer of Helios

[ Edited ]
6 replies 299 views Edited May 4, 2013

Have had this Treasure of the Gods for awhile now, but I can't seem to utilize it's potential. I was hoping someone could help me understand it, as whenever I take this thing out onto the Battlefield, it seems to get me killed more often then it helps. Here is it's description and stats, at Rank 2:

Hammer of Helios

A blinding hammer that can apply marks

Description

Rain down scorching terror with this Sun God's searing hammer.

SPECIALS

Helios' Brilliance (L1+SQUARE)

Shoots a large, blinding blast of energy

Phaeton's Reprisal (L1+TRIANGLE)

Slam attack that applies a mark and stuns enemies in an area of effect. Increased radius of explosion.

Gameplay Stats (Rank 2)

4% Physical Power, 4% Physical Resistance, and 7% Cooldown Reduction.

I have been hit by Helios' brilliance before by other players, and it completely BLINDS me in a flash of sunlight. Which is really cool. So I'm assuming it does this to my opponents when I use it on them. They become surrounded in a glow of light. However, it does not seem to do any damage to them, so I often just get counter attacked upong attempting it.

I use Phaeton's Reprisal to break up groups of enemies when they are attacking my allies. This does briefly knock them back, and apply the golden glow effect, but seems to be relatively harmless afterwards. As in they lose seemingly no health, and I am again left completely open to counter attack. 

So far, I've prefered sticking with the various mauls to get the job done. But I feel like theres some potential with this hammer that I'm missing. There is one thing I do NOT understand, however. The description says it can apply "marks" to enemies. SOOOO.....what the heck does that mean? I'm assuming its the golden glow effect, but from what I've seen, it's harmless. And because the specials themselves seem to be so weak, I get killed right away, as the hammer itself does pitiful damage. If anybody can help me better understand "marks", or a good tactic with this Treasure of the Gods, I'd be appreciative.

And while your at it....maybe a good use for the Spear of Hermes besides capture the flag? Right now I'm trying out as many different weapons as possible cuz I enjoy experimentation. And this one is buggin me (the hammer, anyway). If I felt it was useless, I wouldn't use it. But somethin inside me is tellin me that it's more powerful then it seems...

Message 1 of 7 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: The Hammer of Helios

May 4, 2013

Actually,Hammer of Helios is very useful, when an opponent is marked (with either a L1 move or holding square and hitting the opponent) he will be sent airborne when you connect a L1 attack,  for  example: hold square hit an opponent, then press L1 triangle. It's a good weapon in my opinion.

Message 2 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 4, 2013
Ill give that a try. Thanks for your reply
Message 3 of 7 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

May 4, 2013
charge the mace first by holding Square then when you hit an enemy it will mark them they will glow yellow then use ur special attacks for the flash bang.
Message 4 of 7 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 4, 2013
Do the L1 attacks do any damage? Or does the enemy need to first be marked?
Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

May 4, 2013

they do damage....I sent u a priv message a few hrs ago....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 7 (241 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 5, 2013
Hey Poseidon4ever, I just read your pm. Im a little new to the PSN forums and I didn't notice a new notification. Thanks for the info Smiley Happy im goin to try it out tonight
Message 7 of 7 (232 Views)
0 Likes